Club Mgmt. 2021 Membership Thread - Final tally 81,662 members!

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a $155 membership with a 30% credit I chose last year so I paid $108.50. They then charged me $46.50 for the 30% I chose to save this year. Then another $23.50 out of nowhere. When I asked for an explanation I was told these two charges were for the grand final guarantee. This is out of whack as I came to my senses this year and unticked that and didn't pay for it. When called out they promised to refund but sneakily they only refunded the $23.50 and kept the $46.50 (the 30%). When the product on the field is so abysmal you'd imagine the membership department would be every so slightly competent but, alas, no. I'm looking forward to the membership survey at the end of the season.

I bought a $155 membership with a 30% credit I chose last year so I paid $108.50. They then charged me $46.50 for the 30% I chose to save this year. Then another $23.50 out of nowhere. When I asked for an explanation I was told these two charges were for the grand final guarantee. This is out of whack as I came to my senses this year and unticked that and didn't pay for it. When called out they promised to refund but sneakily they only refunded the $23.50 and kept the $46.50 (the 30%). When the product on the field is so abysmal you'd imagine the membership department would be every so slightly competent but, alas, no. I'm looking forward to the membership survey at the end of the season.
The membership department may require multiple calls but they’re usually eventually helpful. I once got double charged for my membership (and mine is dearer than yours), took a full week for the refund to clear as well.

The membership department may require multiple calls but they’re usually eventually helpful. I once got double charged for my membership (and mine is dearer than yours), took a full week for the refund to clear as well.

Customer services seems to have fallen since the organsational change which saw the head of membership shift to another role.

Customer services seems to have fallen since the organsational change which saw the head of membership shift to another role.
The double charging was like 3-4 years ago but yeah. The ticketmaster website that they make us use for all the membership stuff is complete s**t, calling them is the way.

Anyone else struggling to login to the bomber shop with their member details? Ended up having to reset my password which is bizarre. Similar problem on the membership website where it refused to recognise my email until I tried to make a new account with the same email, then it decided it did know that email address after all and let me login 🤔

Also, does anyone know what member merch is going to be available this year? Atm all I see is shirts, jumpers and a cap. No member scarf or beanie..?
I thought I read on a Facebook group that only milestone memberships would receive merch this year

I thought I read on a Facebook group that only milestone memberships would receive merch this year
Yeah that's true. You don't get lanyards and stickers and crap anymore that no one uses anyway (although I liked the lanyard). If you renewed before Christmas you get a $30 voucher for the bomber shop though (plus member discount), so you can choose what you want.

There is still a members range, but it looks like just being shirts, hoodies and a cap for 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they put it out there to sign up by 5pm yesterday in order to have access to tonight's live stream of the match.

I haven't been a member for the last 2 years (after being one previously since 2001) while our son was in treatment. We'd also just moved house a few weeks ago, so I hadn't gotten around to signing up again.

I get home from work yesterday around 3:30pm and start looking at family membership packs, but the details on the website are sketchy. Luckily, there's a message saying to call to discuss family options.

I click the link and am directed to a 'leave your details' box, with the idea being they'll follow up (I assume).

Tried to sign up. No info to sign up. Called for info to sign up. And for what?

'Don't call us, we'll call you'...and no live stream tonight.

Piss poor.

So they put it out there to sign up by 5pm yesterday in order to have access to tonight's live stream of the match.

I haven't been a member for the last 2 years (after being one previously since 2001) while our son was in treatment. We'd also just moved house a few weeks ago, so I hadn't gotten around to signing up again.

I get home from work yesterday around 3:30pm and start looking at family membership packs, but the details on the website are sketchy. Luckily, there's a message saying to call to discuss family options.

I click the link and am directed to a 'leave your details' box, with the idea being they'll follow up (I assume).

Tried to sign up. No info to sign up. Called for info to sign up. And for what?

'Don't call us, we'll call you'...and no live stream tonight.

Piss poor.

FWIW I'm actually a member and didn't receive the email with the link, apparently sending an email to all members was a bit too challenging for the membership department

FWIW I'm actually a member and didn't receive the email with the link, apparently sending an email to all members was a bit too challenging for the membership department
Whilst not ideal, I believe the club are operating on reduced staffing due to COVID. It’s even harder to service 70,000 members now. Unfortunately whilst not desirable, we may need to be a little more understanding and accepting that we’re all doing as well as possible under difficult circumstances.

Essendon are also just trying to keep its head above water.

Whilst not ideal, I believe the club are operating on reduced staffing due to COVID. It’s even harder to service 70,000 members now. Unfortunately whilst not desirable, we may need to be a little more understanding and accepting that we’re all doing as well as possible under difficult circumstances.

Essendon are also just trying to keep its head above water.
Maybe that could be the member slogan for 2021? Hell I'd be tempted to purchase a bumper sticker (and sounds like I'd have to)

ESSENDON - Lower Your Expectations

Maybe that could be the member slogan for 2021? Hell I'd be tempted to purchase a bumper sticker (and sounds like I'd have to)

ESSENDON - Lower Your Expectations
Or they could cut up some old bumper stickers and go with

Essendon......whatever.

I’ve been using the slogan already when people have been talking to me about this year.

I know! What a joke! I hope know one pays the money for the postage!

You gave us hundreds of dollars for nothing last year.

We’re giving you a signed jumper in return.

You can’t pick it up from a game cos of COVID, so we’ll post it to you.

Can we have $10 for postage...?

You gave us hundreds of dollars for nothing last year.

We’re giving you a signed jumper in return.

You can’t pick it up from a game cos of COVID, so we’ll post it to you.

Can we have $10 for postage...?
Is that an email you got recently?

I’m supposed to be picking mine up at the first home game and haven’t heard anything different

Is that an email you got recently?

I’m supposed to be picking mine up at the first home game and haven’t heard anything different

Yeah got the email today. So did a mate.

Looks like just an option tbf

We hope this finds you safe and well, just a few weeks out from what will be an exciting 2021 season.

As you remember, when pledging your 2020 membership to the Club you opted to receive a 2020 home guernsey signed by a player of your choice.

We are commencing the process of having guernseys signed and distributed to members, and have you noted as requesting to collect your guernsey on a game day during the 2021 Home and Away season.

Given the COVID safe practice requirements on game day, we would like to provide you the option to have your guernsey posted to you. This will incur a $10 postage fee, with payment due by Friday 5th March. To action this payment, please click the Pay Now button below:

Yeah got the email today. So did a mate.

Looks like just an option tbf

We hope this finds you safe and well, just a few weeks out from what will be an exciting 2021 season.

As you remember, when pledging your 2020 membership to the Club you opted to receive a 2020 home guernsey signed by a player of your choice.

We are commencing the process of having guernseys signed and distributed to members, and have you noted as requesting to collect your guernsey on a game day during the 2021 Home and Away season.

Given the COVID safe practice requirements on game day, we would like to provide you the option to have your guernsey posted to you. This will incur a $10 postage fee, with payment due by Friday 5th March. To action this payment, please click the Pay Now button below:
Ah right. “A” game day, so not necessarily the first one?

I thought the postage option was offered at the time too.

Interesting they haven’t gotten them signed yet. Could’ve sworn Fantasia was one of the options? And I picked Hurley so :/

The FAQs below relate to access for games played at Marvel Stadium and the MCG in 2021.

I am a 2021 EFC member. Will I have access to games in 2021?

Yes, Essendon members will have the first opportunity to access Essendon home games. Members will be allocated one of three priority group on-sale times determined by membership type:

Priority Group 1: High Mark and Silver reserved seat members. At Marvel Stadium, High Mark members will have first access to seating on Level 2.

Priority Group 2: Bronze reserved seat members.

Priority Group 3: General admission access members, including all Flexi members, and AFL members with Essendon club support.

How do I redeem a ticket?

Members will be required to redeem a ticket during a determined on-sale period for each game. To do so, members will be required to use the 12-digit barcode number on the back of their member card, entering it on the website of the relevant ticketing agent (Ticketmaster at Marvel Stadium, Ticketek at the MCG).

The club will provide match-specific information about the ticket redemption process the week prior to each game.

Please ensure your membership contact details, especially your email address, are up to date so you do not miss these communications.

Will I be required to pay to redeem a ticket?

No, reserved seat members will not be required to pay to redeem a ticket.

Members with general admission access will be eligible to redeem a ticket in the general reserved category free of charge, subject to availability. A general admission member is also able to upgrade their seat to a higher category for an upgrade fee payable through the ticketing agent, subject to availability.

Where do I find my barcode?

Your 12-digit barcode can be found on the back of your member card. Our membership team will provide game specific information via email each week, including your barcode for reference.

I am a reserved seat member. Can I sit in my reserved seat?

No, due to social distancing requirements you will be required to redeem a seat via the relevant ticketing agent using your member barcode.

The club will do everything possible to ensure members are seated as close as possible to their usual reserved seat.

Can I sit with people who I usually sit with?

Yes, members will be able to redeem tickets in group sizes within the transaction limit. In order to do so, members must provide the barcodes of all members of their group within one transaction.

Do I get access to away games as a member?

Yes, an allocation of tickets will be available for away teams. Members with reserved away seats will be given priority access to redeem these tickets, and any remaining tickets will be made available for members with away access memberships.

I have reserved away seats. Can I use them for an away game?

No, due to social distancing requirements you will be required to redeem a seat via the relevant ticketing agent using your member barcode. The club will do everything possible to ensure members are seated as close as possible to their usual reserved seat.

Away teams will have a limited allocation of tickets available and members with away reserved seats will be given priority access.

Can I use my member card to scan in?

No, members must redeem a seat from the relevant ticketing agent to access games during the 2021 home and away season. The 12-digit barcode can be found on the back of 2021 member cards, and will be required to redeem tickets.

I am not a member. How do I get access?

Any tickets not redeemed during the member on-sale will be made available to the general public for sale. We do not anticipate there will be remaining tickets after the member on-sales unless capacity restrictions are eased significantly throughout the season.

Can I sit with a non-member?

Non-members will not have access to tickets unless there is a general public on-sale. We do not recommend waiting for a general public on-sale if you have access to the member priority on-sale as we anticipate tickets will be exhausted during this period.

Last edited:
That is pretty short in this day and age. Have seen some places quoting up to 60 days for refunds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back