2021 Membership Thread

Gotta say - not impressed with the membership team at the moment, person I spoke to was very unwilling to help and answer questions about what we actually get this year. And also cannot send any info via email. I got far more info from this thread than I could get from him.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am upset too I ordered a top on Tuesday only been a hour and half away still has not been shipped yet had to call them twice and they said they will do it today however it now 4 oclock and it still has not been shipped anyone had other problems got the new shorts with asic same time and there already here

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know the turnaround time on getting an active membership number if I buy a membership online? Partner is keen to come to the preseason game, so may just get a 3 game membership to guarantee them a ticket.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone know the turnaround time on getting an active membership number if I buy a membership online? Partner is keen to come to the preseason game, so may just get a 3 game membership to guarantee them a ticket.
I would imagine once you've signed up, you're immediately assigned a member number. Doubt you'd receive your card by the preseason game, but if its anything like first few rounds of regular season, Dogs will have a membership tent and you can just go there and they will give you a single access ticket.

Covid may prevent the single access tickets from Dogs tent given there is no GA in foreseeable future.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am upset too I ordered a top on Tuesday only been a hour and half away still has not been shipped yet had to call them twice and they said they will do it today however it now 4 oclock and it still has not been shipped anyone had other problems got the new shorts with asic same time and there already here
What a truly harrowing ordeal.

Gotta say - not impressed with the membership team at the moment, person I spoke to was very unwilling to help and answer questions about what we actually get this year. And also cannot send any info via email. I got far more info from this thread than I could get from him.
Likewise. I asked the team member who called me what number did Dougie Hawkins wear as he said he was "a life long ridgey didge fan". So how many people remember Dougie on the boundary wear that famous #16? Anyhoo, I think they are in a tough position as final numbers for round one attendance were yet to be announced. I would just like to hear "whatever happens, we've got your back and sort it out later in the season or 2022"

Likewise. I asked the team member who called me what number did Dougie Hawkins wear as he said he was "a life long ridgey didge fan". So how many people remember Dougie on the boundary wear that famous #16? Anyhoo, I think they are in a tough position as final numbers for round one attendance were yet to be announced. I would just like to hear "whatever happens, we've got your back and sort it out later in the season or 2022"
Credit where its due though. Had to call again today as didn’t have my barcode for buying tickets to the praccie game. Got someone far more helpful and knowledgeable than last time who, (shock horror), was actually able to listen to and answer my very general question. Instead of ignoring my question and talking over me about things I didn’t ask about. Was a nice change.

Reckon I will be able to buy one of these on top of my Ballarat membership?

I haven’t heard anyone doing that, you could try. But I feel they would rather SEN deal + the Ballarat add on version set up.

FROGGR

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Disappointed they went with this offer... makes the song and dance about the same upgrade for continuing members (as a reward for being loyal during 2020) pretty meaningless.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They’ll do this promo stuff till the end of time and as long as we are stagnating in membership growth pre round 1.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think it comes down to trusting the club and capitalizing on success. The 33,000 would be the sum total of supporters like us that are rusted on. And I honestly doubt a lot of us were recruited since the Beveridge era started.

If we had had a longer period of success, say 2015-2018, then we would have grown but instead we have been horrendously inconsistent and haven’t come close to meeting the realistic expectations of what this group is capable of. People don’t know what the plan is and what we’re trying to build.

People don’t trust the club so don’t sign on.

If we hope to grow we need a minimum of 2-3 seasons where we play our best players in position and they perform to their potential for 16-18 games of the 22. We may not win the premiership in each of those years but we will be taken seriously as a dependable contender.
No one should be surprised with the low membership. The continuing uncertainty surrounding this covid economy has hit hard and our demographics have likely been hit harder than most. How do you convince people to spend money on something that Dan can render worthless at moment by reverting Victoria into lockdown? I spent $2,500 for a Holiday to Perth that had to be cancelled. I do not get my money back, instead, I get a credit which needs to be used within 12 months or I forgo the entire sum.

As a result, the 3 gold Bulldog memberships I would happily purchase are on hold. I expect many are thinking like me, I simply cannot justify spending the money on the chance we will get to see the games. I will watch it on Kayo or where possible purchase game day tickets.

Happy to be convinced otherwise.

Last edited:

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They’ll do this promo stuff till the end of time and as long as we are stagnating in membership growth pre round 1.
Every club does these SEN promos and our promo is pretty minimal compared to what a lot of clubs offer.
Last year I heard two clubs (I think North was one, maybe St.Kilda?) offering 12 game membership upgrades on a 3 game card.

It is a dangerous ploy because you run the risk of losing full fee paying members who start holding off to get the discount.

Email I got, being sent to everyone. I think due to a lot of requests.

6DD33070-5A07-47B0-9063-A8CFF6212AB8.jpeg

Email I got, being sent to everyone. I think due to a lot of requests.

View attachment 1069193

I went into the club today to sort out a few issues and pick up caps and scarves, they also advised me of the above.

The team at Reception could not have been more personable and helpful with a range of things. They happily sourced membership information for a few family and friends.

Ditto with the help from the Bulldogs shop.

Everything resolved now and very satisfied.

Also saw Sam Power hard at work, he's a machine 😍

ummmbont

Team Captain
Jul 29, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Next Monday we will announce a new major sponsor 🤙🏻
3 year deal and one BBC we will all love ❤️

This will spark a massive membership boom with 2 big wins against Melbourne then Collingwood.
So
My friends don’t stress 15-25 more members on the way

Back