2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Bucket

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do we know what our membership total is currently at?

Have noticed Carlton have got to late 60k, surely that’s a piss take...They’ve added 20k+ since the start of last year.

CarnTheScray

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2019
Bevo Bunker
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Have noticed Carlton have got to late 60k, surely that’s a piss take...They’ve added 20k+ since the start of last year.
Their marketers are the best in the league. Carlton and Melbourne have been in the exact same position for 20 years yet Melbourne are written off every season and Carlton are talked up.

Big club big benefits.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They're giving away a free membership to everyone who buys one so that number is nowhere near the actual number of paid up members

CarnTheScray

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2019
Bevo Bunker
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They're giving away a free membership to everyone who buys one so that number is nowhere near the actual number of paid up members
Yeah can confirm. All my Carlton close relatives have free second memberships that they have then proceeded to give away to their other Carlton relatives or friends.

They also had a buy 1 get 8 at the end of last year.

Comparing Membership tallies is just a dick measuring contest for the school kids anyway. Much more interested in the revenue.

Woof

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Yeah can confirm. All my Carlton close relatives have free second memberships that they have then proceeded to give away to their other Carlton relatives or friends.

They also had a buy 1 get 8 at the end of last year.

Comparing Membership tallies is just a dick measuring contest for the school kids anyway. Much more interested in the revenue.
That’s a fair point re revenue. Clearly total revenue from memberships is the best metric but I’d be very interested in a membership revenue per member figure. Ie total membership revenue divided by total members. It would be very interesting to compare clubs on this metric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northernsoul74

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why is the club still not selling any of the new apparel? They must have missed out on significant revenue by not being able to sell it leading up to Xmas.

Pugz89

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mine arrived yesterday. Home games, Ballarat and Social Club come in three separate cards.

Home game doesn’t list a reserved seat on it but Ballarat does.
What membership do you have? I have premium GA and I have a reserved seat on my card (silver level).

Remove this Banner Ad