2021 Membership Thread

.M a t t.

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has anyone else had issues with buying a membership on the website?
Trying to add a baby membership but when I checkout I just get this. Tried 3 different browsers and nothing

Attachments

• 73039811-83DF-485E-A70A-8540DD04F7D6.png
    73039811-83DF-485E-A70A-8540DD04F7D6.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 51

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do we know what our membership total is currently at?

Have noticed Carlton have got to late 60k, surely that’s a piss take...They’ve added 20k+ since the start of last year.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Have noticed Carlton have got to late 60k, surely that’s a piss take...They’ve added 20k+ since the start of last year.
Their marketers are the best in the league. Carlton and Melbourne have been in the exact same position for 20 years yet Melbourne are written off every season and Carlton are talked up.

Big club big benefits.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

They're giving away a free membership to everyone who buys one so that number is nowhere near the actual number of paid up members

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They're giving away a free membership to everyone who buys one so that number is nowhere near the actual number of paid up members
Yeah can confirm. All my Carlton close relatives have free second memberships that they have then proceeded to give away to their other Carlton relatives or friends.

They also had a buy 1 get 8 at the end of last year.

Comparing Membership tallies is just a dick measuring contest for the school kids anyway. Much more interested in the revenue.

Carlton are doing a ‘buy one get one free’ drive this year, halve that number.

Yeah can confirm. All my Carlton close relatives have free second memberships that they have then proceeded to give away to their other Carlton relatives or friends.

They also had a buy 1 get 8 at the end of last year.

Comparing Membership tallies is just a dick measuring contest for the school kids anyway. Much more interested in the revenue.

That’s a fair point re revenue. Clearly total revenue from memberships is the best metric but I’d be very interested in a membership revenue per member figure. Ie total membership revenue divided by total members. It would be very interesting to compare clubs on this metric.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mine arrived yesterday. Home games, Ballarat and Social Club come in three separate cards.

Home game doesn’t list a reserved seat on it but Ballarat does.

Back