2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi brains trust, just got offered Aisle 33 by the Ticketmaster alleged system. Miss VL3OJ wants to tag along for once so do I wait until general ticketing or get in now and get her one and just blag it on the day? Thoughts on a post-it note please

You have to enter via the gate specified on your ticket because you can't move around the ground. So if you had seats in separate areas I doubt you could meet up and smuggle them into your section.

There's going to be around 33,600 seats for members and the general public, so there shouldn't be any problem getting seats together when they go on sale seeing it's the Eagles.

Total capacity allowed is over 40k and our biggest crowd ever against them here is less than 31k.

Is anyone who paid via autopay back in November or whenever it was still waiting for their pack ?

Still haven't got mine.

Yes me, we are two auto return members and one I always pay upfront, back in November.

use your mobile device.

To avoid problems downloading tickets at the ground you can take a screen shot of the ticket and code earlier then send them to others you've bought tickets for that way. Worked fine at the MCG

I don't like the fact you can't choose specific sections of the ground. I typically like to sit on level 3 behind the goals as I like to analyze the game from that vantage point. I refreshed my page about 10 times and gave up after only getting tickets on the wing from the same section each time. Oh well.
Yeah I would have preferred a couple of rows back but I was getting the same 2 spots every time I searched so just took them. We were hoping for the wing though so it was good that it had its own thing to click for wing seats.

I don't like the fact you can't choose specific sections of the ground. I typically like to sit on level 3 behind the goals as I like to analyze the game from that vantage point. I refreshed my page about 10 times and gave up after only getting tickets on the wing from the same section each time. Oh well.

Ditto.

Would have been good to at least select the aisle you want. I gave up trying to get an aisle number different to the 3 it kept spewing out, but grabbed a couple after it was obviously going no where. Hope they sell a few more during public sale - not going off like hot cakes early obviously.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Ditto.

Would have been good to at least select the aisle you want. I gave up trying to get an aisle number different to the 3 it kept spewing out, but grabbed a couple after it was obviously going no where. Hope they sell a few more during public sale - not going off like hot cakes early obviously.
I’ll be shocked if there’s more than 20k there. We would probably only get high 20s at the best of times against the Eagles, and given how difficult it is for people to operate the system + no walk ups mean crowd numbers will be right down this year. We saw that with a couple of Vic sides in round 1.

So wait... do I understand this correctly? If you want tickets to a game - any game - you first have to register as a user of ticketmeister (or trickydick, whichever one it is)? Even if you're a member of your own footy club? And that's before you are subjected to the torture of their websites in order to pay THEM money to confuse you, keep you waiting and continually f**k you around?

Please tell me this is not true.

I may have bought my last ever club membership.

Last edited:
So wait... do I understand this correctly? If you want tickets to a game - any game - you first have to register as a user of ticketmeister (or trickydick, whichever one it is)? Even if you're a member of your own footy club? And that's before you are subjected to the torture of their websites in order to pay THEM money to confuse you, keep you waiting and continualy f**k you around?

I don't see any way around it. Those highly customer oriented companies manage the ticketing/seating at these grounds. No one has a season reserved seat (for at least this year anyway), so how else can seating be allocated.

I've always bought tickets to away games (and concerts etc) through both and therefore don't find it difficult, but understand that it's new for many people.

Then there's also the issue of what do you do at finals time if you don't have an account with the relevant company.

Death, taxes and having to use a ticket booking agency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unorth

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So wait... do I understand this correctly? If you want tickets to a game - any game - you first have to register as a user of ticketmeister (or trickydick, whichever one it is)? Even if you're a member of your own footy club? And that's before you are subjected to the torture of their websites in order to pay THEM money to confuse you, keep you waiting and continualy f**k you around?

I'll kind of buy it at present times because it's a practical way of monitoring ticket sales in terms of capacity limits and social distancing. Which is not to forgive Ticketmaster and Ticketek for being horrendously dodgy businesses. I was also subject to being given certain seats that I couldn't get changed no matter how often I requested it.

I do have concerns that the AFL/clubs are in bed with these two horrendous ticketing companies and that they'll try to keep it that way even if/when a time comes that members can just rock up to games like we used to.

Going digital with the memberships is fine but it should really be as simple as keeping a digital form of the membership on your phone that can be scanned like any plastic membership card would be. If/when footy gets back to no capacity limits then members shouldn't have to deal with these companies for home games. That might be a fair while off yet though.

I'll kind of buy it at present times because it's a practical way of monitoring ticket sales in terms of capacity limits and social distancing. Which is not to forgive Ticketmaster and Ticketek for being horrendously dodgy businesses. I was also subject to being given certain seats that I couldn't get changed no matter how often I requested it.

I do have concerns that the AFL/clubs are in bed with these two horrendous ticketing companies and that they'll try to keep it that way even if/when a time comes that members can just rock up to games like we used to.

Going digital with the memberships is fine but it should really be as simple as keeping a digital form of the membership on your phone that can be scanned like any plastic membership card would be. If/when footy gets back to no capacity limits then members shouldn't have to deal with these companies for home games. That might be a fair while off yet though.

Ha, it was none existent at the MCG on Friday. The large gentleman spilling over into our seats was more than ample proof. I don't know why they didn't allocate seats the way it was done in movie theatres leaving space between group bookings.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So wait... do I understand this correctly? If you want tickets to a game - any game - you first have to register as a user of ticketmeister (or trickydick, whichever one it is)? Even if you're a member of your own footy club? And that's before you are subjected to the torture of their websites in order to pay THEM money to confuse you, keep you waiting and continually f**k you around?

Yes that’s what most club members have to do. We’ve just been lucky that we don’t sell out so we can just rock up.

Unorth

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ha, it was none existent at the MCG on Friday. The large gentleman spilling over into our seats was more than ample proof. I don't know why they didn't allocate seats the way it was done in movie theatres leaving space between group bookings.

Interesting. I actually had it pretty good. Level 1 goals and there was so much space it didn't even matter that some random had technically taken my seat, I was able to shuffle down a few seats no worries.

Maybe this is just us having a certified small market team moment.

It's a disgrace. I find it hard to believe there isn't more outrage. Are you all just going to rollover and take it?

There's abundant evidence in this thread and the Rd 1 ticketing thread that you're copping s**t service and paying extra for it.

Don't forget that YOU are the paying customers. They - the clubs, the AFL and the ticketing agencies - are taking advantage of your club loyalty and getting away with it as monopoly providers.

It's a rip-off in my opinion and I won't be a part of it.

Oh and while we're at it, the AFL has stopped selling AFL Passes or whatever they called it where for about $90 a year you could watch a game on your mobile device. I'm guessing that Fox/Kayo leant on them because it was costing them customers. Not sure if Telstra is still offering free match broadcasts with a Telstra mobile contract but I wouldn't mind betting they are moving to close off that one as well. So if it's not FTA I don't get to see it.

Well f**k you Fox/Kayo. If it's not on at the local pub I'll go do some gardening instead.

Arkangel

All Australian
Jun 8, 2007
Internet City
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh and while we're at it, the AFL has stopped selling AFL Passes or whatever they called it where for about $90 a year you could watch a game on your mobile device. I'm guessing that Fox/Kayo leant on them because it was costing them customers. Not sure if Telstra is still offering free match broadcasts with a Telstra mobile contract but I wouldn't mind betting they are moving to close off that one as well. So if it's not FTA I don't get to see it.

Well f**k you Fox/Kayo. If it's not on at the local pub I'll go do some gardening instead.

Yeah, this stinks. My 97-year-old grandpa had to stop going to matches live a few years ago (due to a combination of mobility issues and the multitude of night games being too late for him), so the family sorted him out with an old iPad and the AFL live pass so he could watch the games from home. Nek minnit, it's Kayo or nothing---three times the price, and the Kayo app doesn't even work on older iOS versions, so it's nothing.

Not sure if Telstra is still offering free match broadcasts with a Telstra mobile contract but I wouldn't mind betting they are moving to close off that one as well. So if it's not FTA I don't get to see it.

They beat you to it. It's gone already

It's a disgrace. I find it hard to believe there isn't more outrage. Are you all just going to rollover and take it?

There's abundant evidence in this thread and the Rd 1 ticketing thread that you're copping sh*t service and paying extra for it.

Don't forget that YOU are the paying customers. They - the clubs, the AFL and the ticketing agencies - are taking advantage of your club loyalty and getting away with it as monopoly providers.

I saw this coming in October. Six months to sort out a solution and it is a shambles.

There's abundant evidence in this thread and the Rd 1 ticketing thread that you're copping sh*t service and paying extra for it.

What exactly are you outraged about? That you have to sign up for ticketmaster to use their site? Relatively normal for a digital service I would have thought (despite how shite that service is)

The only reason this system is in place is due to covid restrictions, will be back to normal once everyone is vaxxed up.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I’m not being rude but I don’t get why so many people are finding it hard.

I’m honestly not that tech savvy but it took me less than 5 mins to log on, organise tickets and had no extra costs or fees.

Perhaps that’s due to membership level.

If people are going complain after each game about issues due to Covid it’s going to be a LOOOOOOONNGGG year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back