thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
Has anyone heard about membership seat upgrades? I put in a request ages ago and heard nothing.

Has anyone heard about membership seat upgrades? I put in a request ages ago and heard nothing.
They usually don’t offer them until after the Member renewal period.
Which this year I believe is the 4th December? From memory.
So I would ring the club on Monday if you want to get in early.

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
They usually don’t offer them until after the Member renewal period.
Which this year I believe is the 4th December? From memory.
So I would ring the club on Monday if you want to get in early.
Ahh that makes more sense

I got a text saying I would lose my old seats and panicked!

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
Have you renewed?
Because I think they usually ask you to renew your old seats first and then will help with an upgrade after the renewal period.
Otherwise you may lose your old seats.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense

Just ended up ringing them up - so much easier to deal with over the phone.

BigCat2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After years of season membership for myself and my wife, we are stepping back to Supporters Memberships only, as we are expecting our firstborn in late February. I cannot imagine being able to go to the footy with a newborn, and I'll be spending plenty of time at home.

For those who have been through this - how old do children need to be before it's reasonable to take them to the footy?

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
6-ish. As long as you have brainwashed said child about footy (Lions of course) and child knows song etc. He/She will be interested in what is going on rather than bored and playing up, wanting to go home..

...I would've been about that age when going to games with parents to Kadinia Park which was across the road from my grandparents house... I just grew up knowing about football. It was when it was standing room mostly, so dad made me a fold up thingy to stand on.

It was a big adventure for me, loved it. Good luck with it all.:)

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2000
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
After years of season membership for myself and my wife, we are stepping back to Supporters Memberships only, as we are expecting our firstborn in late February. I cannot imagine being able to go to the footy with a newborn, and I'll be spending plenty of time at home.

For those who have been through this - how old do children need to be before it's reasonable to take them to the footy?

Oldest was 6 weeks old when we first took him.
But it certainly is hard for a number of years. The young one is 6 today and this year was the first year he took a real interest and sat through games

I'd imagine it varies massively.

One of ours went when she was about nine months (six months if you include the A League), the other about two months. The main difference between the two was that the second was born in a year that the team made finals.

Going consistently with either of them didn't happen until they were about two. From about two to five or six, both lobbied to go, but the oldest (now seven) is starting to get a bit more whingy about going because she'd rather stay home and play around the house.

In all cases we aim to keep them happy rather than forcing them to engage if they don't want to. The usual parenting aids of iPads and bribery with food go a long way to achieving this.

jo_lions

Team Captain
Sep 2, 2005
Block 141, Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Manchester United
Got an email yesterday from the club with my $20 voucher but can’t see any option in the online store to buy a members cap. Anyone know if they’re still going to make them? Surely...

Has anyone received their members pack yet? Also, don't we usually have membership numbers up on Lions website by now to show how we are going?
Heard, maybe a week ago that we were close to hitting 20k in the 19’s.
I remember last year we hit the 20k just before Chrissy which they made a big deal of because it was the first time it had happened in quite a while.
So might be pretty similar numbers to last year at this stage.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Don’t expect to see membership numbers grow substantially over the next few weeks.

My boss has been trying to join up his family as new season members, but wants to choose his seats.

Originally he was told early December, then mid December, and now its early to mid January before he can choose seats.

Some glitch in the system is what he’s been told.

Sep 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has anyone received their members pack yet? Also, don't we usually have membership numbers up on Lions website by now to show how we are going?
From the welcome email after signing up:

Thanks for being a part of the team!

You'll receive another email when your membership pack has been lodged with Australia Post. Due to COVID-19, membership packs will not begin distribution until January 2021.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Not a membership post per se, not sure where to put it. Ordered a Classic training singlet, size 2XL. Arrived yesterday and it’s about 2 sizes too SMALL, so have sent it back in exchange for a 4XL 🙄. The old BLK range I wear an XL and it’s a little loose, the Classic range however.. Made in China so might explain. Anyway for anyone who is thinking of ordering anything suggest going 2 sizes bigger.. That said I’ll wait and see how the 4XL fits, will probably swim in it.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Not a membership post per se, not sure where to put it. Ordered a Classic training singlet, size 2XL. Arrived yesterday and it’s about 2 sizes too SMALL, so have sent it back in exchange for a 4XL 🙄. The old BLK range I wear an XL and it’s a little loose, the Classic range however.. Made in China so might explain. Anyway for anyone who is thinking of ordering anything suggest going 2 sizes bigger.. That said I’ll wait and see how the 4XL fits, will probably swim in it.
I don’t believe China would control the sizing. That would be set by the brand.

Back