2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a membership post per se, not sure where to put it. Ordered a Classic training singlet, size 2XL. Arrived yesterday and it’s about 2 sizes too SMALL, so have sent it back in exchange for a 4XL 🙄. The old BLK range I wear an XL and it’s a little loose, the Classic range however.. Made in China so might explain. Anyway for anyone who is thinking of ordering anything suggest going 2 sizes bigger.. That said I’ll wait and see how the 4XL fits, will probably swim in it.
A medium fit me quite nicely in the 2020 year for the members shirt.
And I am quite often a large.
So hopefully it’s not too much different otherwise I will be stuck with a medium that won’t fit.

A medium fit me quite nicely in the 2020 year for the members shirt.
And I am quite often a large.
So hopefully it’s not too much different otherwise I will be stuck with a medium that won’t fit.
That would be a medium non-fit then.

Financial report out. A small profit when you exclude the grant
Could have been so much worse looking back to March 2020.
Thank heaven for the media rights $ in 2020

Some revenue figures
AFL distribution still good at $15.4 million down from $22.6 million in 2019
Job keeper subsidy was $4 million
Social Club Revenue was $14.6 million down from $17.2 million
Membership and ticket sales was $$4.6 million down from $8.1 million
Corporate & Marketing was $6.8 million down from $8.8 million

Some expenses figures
Football expenses of $19.8 million down from $26.1 million in 2021
Social club expenses $10.5 million down from $16.6 million
Personal expenses wages etc was $22.8 million down from $31.9 million

So that's just a few of the figures
Paragraph from the Financial Report of 2020

"OPERATING AND FINANCIAL REVIEW The profit for the year was $3,073,413 (2019: $648,618). Included in this profit is grant revenue of $2,463,569 (2019: $652,470). The operating profit before grant income was $609,844 (2019: $3,852 loss). The Company is exempt from payment of income tax under the provisions of section 50 - 45 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997."

Not sure if i am allowed to post a link to the full document seeing it needs to be ratified at the AGM
Mods can let me know or they can provide a link

“Membership and ticket sales was $$4.6 million down from $8.1 million”

Thanks to all those who pledged (particularly interstate members who got to attend zero matches). could of been considerably worse. Be interesting to see how we fared against other clubs.

Last edited:
Financial report out. A small profit when you exclude the grant
Could have been so much worse looking back to March 2020.
Thank heaven for the media rights $ in 2020

Some revenue figures
AFL distribution still good at $15.4 million down from $22.6 million in 2019
Job keeper subsidy was $4 million
Social Club Revenue was $14.6 million down from $17.2 million
Membership and ticket sales was $$4.6 million down from $8.1 million
Corporate & Marketing was $6.8 million down from $8.8 million

Some expenses figures
Football expenses of $19.8 million down from $26.1 million in 2021
Social club expenses $10.5 million down from $16.6 million
Personal expenses wages etc was $22.8 million down from $31.9 million

So that's just a few of the figures
Paragraph from the Financial Report of 2020

"OPERATING AND FINANCIAL REVIEW The profit for the year was $3,073,413 (2019: $648,618). Included in this profit is grant revenue of $2,463,569 (2019: $652,470). The operating profit before grant income was $609,844 (2019: $3,852 loss). The Company is exempt from payment of income tax under the provisions of section 50 - 45 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997."

Not sure if i am allowed to post a link to the full document seeing it needs to be ratified at the AGM
Mods can let me know or they can provide a link

Looks alright to me. Well managed, considering the circumstances.

Should get a few jumping on board seeing how bad the Broncos were last year and the huge amount of publicity from 2020 in QLD.
Isn't it time you followed Joey and jumped full commitment in to the Lion's den? Those colours in your avatar are jarring to the eye. ;)

Looks alright to me. Well managed, considering the circumstances.
Yes our Club and others did fairly well under the conditions
Basically the revenue was well down on usual but so were the expenses courtesy of the AFL stepping in to make sure clubs did the best they could.

Even though we made a small profit the club increased it's Loans & Borrowings to $20.36 million an increase of $13.06 million on 2019. So this will have to be dealt with in the future.
The AFL and Clubs are praying just like lots of Companies that Covid 19 goes away as soon as possible.
The industry as a whole needs 2021 to be a year of at least no further debt to banks and then back to something like normal in 2022.
Also in the Financial report they mention the use of the Gabba ground has expired see below.
Hopefully something reasonable can be negotiated in $ terms even if it is only for 1 year until things return to normal

14. LEASES The Company has a current lease over the premises occupied by the Club’s operations at the Gabba for a further 1 year. The lease held by the Company for use of the ground at the Gabba has expired. The Company is currently negotiating a new Match Day Hire Agreement with Stadiums Queensland to facilitate staging of games at the Gabba and as such a right-of-use asset and lease liability has not been recognised. The Company has a current lease over the premises occupied by the Social Club at Springwood for a further 5 years, plus two 10 year options. The Company’s lease over office premises at Marvel Stadium has expired and the premises are occupied on a month to month basis.

Yes our Club and others did fairly well under the conditions
Basically the revenue was well down on usual but so were the expenses courtesy of the AFL stepping in to make sure clubs did the best they could.

Even though we made a small profit the club increased it's Loans & Borrowings to $20.36 million an increase of $13.06 million on 2019. So this will have to be dealt with in the future.
The AFL and Clubs are praying just like lots of Companies that Covid 19 goes away as soon as possible.
The industry as a whole needs 2021 to be a year of at least no further debt to banks and then back to something like normal in 2022.
Also in the Financial report they mention the use of the Gabba ground has expired see below.
Hopefully something reasonable can be negotiated in $ terms even if it is only for 1 year until things return to normal

14. LEASES The Company has a current lease over the premises occupied by the Club’s operations at the Gabba for a further 1 year. The lease held by the Company for use of the ground at the Gabba has expired. The Company is currently negotiating a new Match Day Hire Agreement with Stadiums Queensland to facilitate staging of games at the Gabba and as such a right-of-use asset and lease liability has not been recognised. The Company has a current lease over the premises occupied by the Social Club at Springwood for a further 5 years, plus two 10 year options. The Company’s lease over office premises at Marvel Stadium has expired and the premises are occupied on a month to month basis.

This is how you verify membership numbers? I pour Sprite on my dick, don't ;t lry me down

1 too many, perhaps?
I know you are not being to critical Dlions it's just your thinking into pulpdriver's reply post to mine
However 2 posts is hardly 1 too many.

I suppose it depends what people think is important or relative to having a club membership
I believe the financial position of the Lions is one of the most important issues about having a Lions Membership
For most people the main reason for membership of a football club is to attending games and hope your team wins more than they lose
People join for other reasons be it Club loyalty, family time together, player connection, merchandise, meet new people, attend training & Social Club etc.
Looking back on this thread most discussion has been on the new slogan then problems paying and upgrading membership, merchandising sizes, membership numbers and discounts and vouchers.

I know you are not being to critical Dlions it's just your thinking into pulpdriver's reply post to mine
However 2 posts is hardly 1 too many.

I suppose it depends what people think is important or relative to having a club membership
I believe the financial position of the Lions is one of the most important issues about having a Lions Membership
For most people the main reason for membership of a football club is to attending games and hope your team wins more than they lose
People join for other reasons be it Club loyalty, family time together, player connection, merchandise, meet new people, attend training & Social Club etc.
Looking back on this thread most discussion has been on the new slogan then problems paying and upgrading membership, merchandising sizes, membership numbers and discounts and vouchers.
Sorry 😐
I was saying that maybe Pulp had had 1 too many 🍺
I thank you for the posts as I hadn’t had a chance to read the club email.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With uncertainty around restrictions, membership is the only way to guarantee a seat at the footy, I think this will be a big selling point for people who are thinking about it.

please dear (insert deity of choice) don't ever make me go through weekly ticket purchases if covid restrictions kick in again.

I'm a member and I'm going to every game, just put me in the ballot then send/don't send me tickets automatically. I'll happily pay an admin fee on top of my membership, and in the instance I can't go I'll immediately notify the club.

We paid for 4 full memberships via the automatic rollover in early November, we usually receive our passes and merchandise just before Christmas, I understand with Covid that there was always going to be a delay, still haven't received anything.

Has anyone received their membership packages yet?

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that we're getting very little / nothing at all from a physical membership pack point of view. When I spoke to the Club about my rollover I had to nominate a 'novelty' card to be added as, at that time, they weren't sending actual cards out. Something to do with uncertainty about seating due to COVID, so not planning on having membership cards with barcodes this season. I think everything will be ticketed - at least here in Melbourne. The lack of information is understandable but frustrating - AFLW is here on the 31st and when I called the Club yesterday they still had no idea about ticketing.

Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that we're getting very little / nothing at all from a physical membership pack point of view. When I spoke to the Club about my rollover I had to nominate a 'novelty' card to be added as, at that time, they weren't sending actual cards out. Something to do with uncertainty about seating due to COVID, so not planning on having membership cards with barcodes this season. I think everything will be ticketed - at least here in Melbourne. The lack of information is understandable but frustrating - AFLW is here on the 31st and when I called the Club yesterday they still had no idea about ticketing.
That's what I thought too.

I received a text or email, can't remember about a fortnight saying the membership pack was on its way to my PO Box, which is in Malvern and given I've been down the Peninsula for the past couple of months so I can't confirm what's in it.

To be honest, I was surprised I received the text or email as I too didn't think a "pack" was being sent out.

Yer IIRC all entry will be via phone scan from now on, only a little thing but I'll miss the hard card entry, it was a good keepsake. I hope we still get the car sticker, I enjoy peeling off the previous seasons and putting on the new as the official signal of a new season starting.

I know it’s only a minor thing but as a member I wanted to wear my membership lanyard (usually under my guernsey) to show that I put my money where my mouth is and I support this club. I also would keep on to the lanyards.
This year is our tenth year as members , so yeah been collecting lanyards.
And just our luck , we would of received gold lanyards this year, the sacrifices we make:'(.

I might even ring up the club today and see if they have any lanyards made up.
I just need one , just one gold lanyard, "Precious " .

I know it’s only a minor thing but as a member I wanted to wear my membership lanyard (usually under my guernsey) to show that I put my money where my mouth is and I support this club. I also would keep on to the lanyards.
You can get the lanyard if you use your $20 voucher & add either a hat or scarf. Not sure if card comes with it. See Souvenir Cards season memberships only.
If you usually use voucher for other stuff than a choice will have to be made
Below from Ticketmaster site

In 2021 your membership card will be mobile and can be accessed via the official Brisbane Lions App on your smart phone, with entry to stadiums moving away from plastic membership cards. If you are not able to access a smartphone on game day, please contact MemberHQ for alternate access arrangements.

MEMBERSHIP PACK

Bumper Sticker
Member Pin
Fridge Magnet
$20 Lions Shop Voucher

In 2021, your $20 Lions Shop Voucher can be used to redeem one or a combination of the following:
2021 Member Cap (value $15)
2021 Member Scarf (value $15)
2021 Member Lanyard (value $5)

Souvenir Cards

If the plastic membership card is sentimental or important to you, you can request to have a plastic membership card sent with your membership pack (option only available for Season memberships, excluding 3 Game members and Non-Access memberships). This request will need to be made ahead of Friday January 1 to be sent to you at no additional cost. The souvenir card can not be used to scan into stadiums. This is a memento to mark the year. To make your request simply email membership@lions.com.au Please note, souvenir cards and packs won't be shipped until early 2021. You will be sent an email when they have been dispatched with a delivery ETA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back