2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw one next to the beach the other day, considered taking the handbrake off and letting it join the mermaids

Hey all, long time Lions supporter, just moved from Vic to sunny Qld :)
Looking for recommendations on where best to sit at the Gabba. Need to lock in a seat for my membership.
Apologies if this has been covered in other threads, was unable to find..
Thanks in advance- can't wait for games to commence!!!!!

Looking for recommendations on where best to sit at the Gabba. Need to lock in a seat for my membership.
If you like a bit of height (top deck)
Anywhere between 62-72 depending on the angle you like.
But to be honest the view from anywhere in the top level is pretty bloody good at the Gabba.
Just try not to go too high up.

If you like a bit of height (top deck)
Anywhere between 62-72 depending on the angle you like.
But to be honest the view from anywhere in the top level is pretty bloody good at the Gabba.
Just try not to go too high up.

Cheers Dlions- has the section names changed? the sections I can choose from are 417:427 or 438:440 (or 401).
(or 240 or 208 on bottom level)

Depends on what you like.
if you have plenty of money the mid tear seats have a bit of elevation and still very close to the action.
personally I like the bench side (Stanley Street) lower tears cause you feel so close to the action the team .
Having said that last year we had random seats all over and my favourite was still the same side but top tear and close to the balcony , great view of the whole ground and still felt close.

I was excited until I got to the 4-5wks part...why on earth send an email this far out from actual delivery, although I suppose it will stop those irritable phone calls to the club if they'd have just left it.

As I've mentioned before, Tigers must already have theirs as I've seen stickers on a couple of cars, why not us? Interstate? Vic first? You can bet on it!

I wonder where it's shipping from. I'd assume Brisbane but you can buy stuff on eBay from an 'australian' company that comes with their documentation but is shipped from the Chinese producer. It's called drop shipping.

Cheers Dlions- has the section names changed? the sections I can choose from are 417:427 or 438:440 (or 401).
I think someone else mentioned they had changed now you mention it.
I reckon anywhere between the 50m arcs on the Southern side of the ground.
Top level between rows CC and MM are top stuff.

First thing to note is the interchange bench is on the southern side say below section 423. So play more on that side of the ground. Hopefully with a reduction of interchanges to 75 this year the play will be more even over the ground. But only time will tell.
For day games 417 will have you looking into the sun. However the further you move towards 427 the better for day/twilight games
Top tier the front row being "aa" has a metal bar that you may have to look over depending on your height. Does not bother a lot of people but something to consider especially for children.
Section 440 over 438. However i would take 438 front 8 rows over 440 back 8 rows
Do not take 208 horrible seats
240 is good if you like bottom tier i am in 241 and they are good seats but not on interchange side.
After sitting in various sections last year during covid i would choose 425 front 8 rows

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to Brisbane you will love the Gabba atmosphere
The link below is to The Gabba Stadium Map
This is much better than looking at a flat plan map of the Gabba

Either enter the section number at the top and click Go or just click on the section on the map.
Then a section view appears and gives you a 360 degree view of that section
Best to click on the "full screen" icon for a better view.
Using your mouse you can stop/start or drag up/down to get a better feel of that section

Lucky you!:thumbsu: You got out at of this incompetantly run hell hole at the right time..

DD and his co-horts couldn't run a chook raffle properly!

Lucky you!:thumbsu: You got out at of this incompetantly run hell hole at the right time..

DD and his co-horts couldn't run a chook raffle properly!
Completely agree and yet the man and his lackey’s still accept no responsibility for his complete and utter mismanagement of the response and for all the blood on his hands directly attributed to his decision making.

Perhaps we need to engage Hertier and all his PC followers to run him out of office as they did Eddie.

Depends on what you like.
if you have plenty of money the mid tear seats have a bit of elevation and still very close to the action.
personally I like the bench side (Stanley Street) lower tears cause you feel so close to the action the team .
Having said that last year we had random seats all over and my favourite was still the same side but top tear and close to the balcony , great view of the whole ground and still felt close.

Yeah, I couldn’t believe the difference between row LL (my normal seats) and row BB which is close to the balcony and where we were sat for a couple of games last year. It felt like you had a near helicopter view of the ground in row BB. Having said that, I wouldn’t be so keen during the day or when it rains!

Yeah, I couldn’t believe the difference between row LL (my normal seats) and row BB which is close to the balcony and where we were sat for a couple of games last year. It felt like you had a near helicopter view of the ground in row BB. Having said that, I wouldn’t be so keen during the day or when it rains!
Have sat in row AA directly inline with the centre bounce on the Vulture St side for the last 15-16 years and even when it’s rained pretty heavy we haven’t had to move.

Completely agree and yet the man and his lackey’s still accept no responsibility for his complete and utter mismanagement of the response and for all the blood on his hands directly attributed to his decision making.

***Mind boggling the simple mistakes made and we then have to pay with further lockdowns

Perhaps we need to engage Hertier and all his PC followers to run him out of office as they did Eddie.

***Disagree on this one.......imo Eddie had to go. His shameful remarks or even little sly smiley digs have been happening for far too long. He isn't going to change now. For all the great things he did, he ended up becoming a blight on the club.
It wasn't Hertier that ran him out, it was his own mouth. Hertier just brought it to our attention, then mixed with all the other things he has said, the people at Collingwood and general public had had enough.

Last edited:
What's the go with 3 game memberships ? Asked the question but they're "not doing them at this moment" I can't see how it can work with the dates not out.
Agree i think the Club would defiantly require a fixture from the AFL to sell 3 game memberships at this stage.
I wonder if they offered them back in October/November when memberships were being pushed by the Club
Even buying a season membership at the discount price still comes with some risk in 2021.
If say the AFL puts out a fixture block of 6 games with 3 at Home maybe they will do it then.
Not sure how much you save on a 3 game membership as i only get season tickets
So people may just have to buy tickets when available
From memory the 3 game memberships did not offer the blockbuster games v Pies, Richmond etc.

Agree i think the Club would defiantly require a fixture from the AFL to sell 3 game memberships at this stage.
I wonder if they offered them back in October/November when memberships were being pushed by the Club
Even buying a season membership at the discount price still comes with some risk in 2021.
If say the AFL puts out a fixture block of 6 games with 3 at Home maybe they will do it then.
Not sure how much you save on a 3 game membership as i only get season tickets
So people may just have to buy tickets when available
From memory the 3 game memberships did not offer the blockbuster games v Pies, Richmond etc.
Maybe with the amount of full season members they already have and the thought that there will be limited crowds once again. They literally can’t sell any.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back