2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree i think the Club would defiantly require a fixture from the AFL to sell 3 game memberships at this stage.
I wonder if they offered them back in October/November when memberships were being pushed by the Club
Even buying a season membership at the discount price still comes with some risk in 2021.
If say the AFL puts out a fixture block of 6 games with 3 at Home maybe they will do it then.
Not sure how much you save on a 3 game membership as i only get season tickets
So people may just have to buy tickets when available
From memory the 3 game memberships did not offer the blockbuster games v Pies, Richmond etc.

You can pick any game. Had them for the last few years. I don't live close enough to go a full season. The savings from a normal ticket I think added up to around $60 over the 3

You can pick any game. Had them for the last few years. I don't live close enough to go a full season. The savings from a normal ticket I think added up to around $60 over the 3
I can back that up, we've had a couple of years being the 3 game membership and we had the choice of all games.
And you could change it down the track provided there was enough notice.
The only rule with blockbuster games has been related to free tickets for your friends.

Finally received an email from the Club last night to say that my membership pack has been dispatched and will arrive in approximately 2 weeks.
Cutting it fine.
I got an email from the club in late January saying our packs were dispatched and 2-5 weeks away(still haven't arrived), must be coming from Outer Mongolia via camel > ship and > Deliveroo.

Mine too, and I've since had to move house unexpectedly.

On a different issue, was any other Victorian member very concerned by the wording from the AFL on ticketing yesterday?

On ticketing, an AFL statement said more detail would be released in coming days. “Home clubs will have three priority groups that will receive priority on-sales and it is up to each club how they segment their membership categories into those three groups (including reserved seat members and general admission members).

“Away club members will also receive priority access following home club members and should capacity still remain a general public on-sale will be conducted.”

For some games It won't be an issue but if we are still at 50% cap by the start of games in melbourne we will be in trouble. Carlton at Marvel at 50% will be close to exhausted by home club members, same as Richmond and Hawthorn at the MCG and Collingwood at Marvel late in the year.

I think we can give up any chance of getting in to GMHBA for round 2 or to Ballarat for the dogs game.

Except for the $20 voucher there is not much in the Adult pack that i am anxious to get
I think you can access the voucher via your mobile phone at the Lions shop.
The pin & car sticker i have never used
The fridge magnet was useful in 2019 for a quick reference.
No use in 2020 and this year no day or times for games after R 6. This could could change for the worse at any time but i hope that does not happen.

A bit different for the Family & Kids pack
Covid has caused lot's of problems and i assume this delay has something to do with supply probably from overseas

Mine too, and I've since had to move house unexpectedly.

On a different issue, was any other Victorian member very concerned by the wording from the AFL on ticketing yesterday?

For some games It won't be an issue but if we are still at 50% cap by the start of games in melbourne we will be in trouble. Carlton at Marvel at 50% will be close to exhausted by home club members, same as Richmond and Hawthorn at the MCG and Collingwood at Marvel late in the year.

I think we can give up any chance of getting in to GMHBA for round 2 or to Ballarat for the dogs game.
Looks like our Vic Memberships (even worse because I always upgrade to the one that gives you access to the extra non-Lions games) will be another donation for the second year running.

Given that will most certainly be the case, which isn't a huge issue for me but will for many others, the club really does need to do something special for Vic members.

The other issue for the club (which isn't the club's fault due to the uncertain times we live in) I think moving forward is that a lot of Vic members just won't renew anymore because unless you go to every game, you end up paying more than just paying on a GA basis without getting any better seats. This is compounded even more by those members that like to receive the goodies with their memberships, which also are non-existent aside from a voucher, but now that the club can't guarantee entry into games in Victoria (again not their fault) memberships are worthless.

I said this last month, but the club needs to find a way, particularly in light of this news regarding home clubs getting priority access, to enable Vic members free access to the Lions VFL games in Victoria.

Looks like our Vic Memberships (even worse because I always upgrade to the one that gives you access to the extra non-Lions games) will be another donation for the second year running.

Given that will most certainly be the case, which isn't a huge issue for me but will for many others, the club really does need to do something special for Vic members.

The other issue for the club (which isn't the club's fault due to the uncertain times we live in) I think moving forward is that a lot of Vic members just won't renew anymore because unless you go to every game, you end up paying more than just paying on a GA basis without getting any better seats. This is compounded even more by those members that like to receive the goodies with their memberships, which also are non-existent aside from a voucher, but now that the club can't guarantee entry into games in Victoria (again not their fault) memberships are worthless.

I said this last month, but the club needs to find a way, particularly in light of this news regarding home clubs getting priority access, to enable Vic members free access to the Lions VFL games in Victoria.

Yeah I'm in the same boat - I can afford to effectively donate so I will, and I'll absolutely hold onto it for september membership because I expect finals ticketing to be the same as usual (equal allocation to members of both clubs). I think an AFL reserved membership will turn out to be a way better investment this year as it seems like it will have similiar priority to club and MCC members, but thankfully a mate of mine has a spare so I may not need to double dip.

I'm sympathetic to the club's position here as you say. Free entry to Lions VFL games would be a good step but who knows whether they will even be allowed crowds. Some functions or some better opportunities to win signed merchandise for Vic members (when covid-safe functions can happen) would be a nice gesture.

Let's put it this way - assuming borders stay open I reckon I've got a better chance to see games if I fly up.

I got an email in late January said it was 4 to five weeks away my membership package should be here soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm in the same boat - I can afford to effectively donate so I will, and I'll absolutely hold onto it for september membership because I expect finals ticketing to be the same as usual (equal allocation to members of both clubs). I think an AFL reserved membership will turn out to be a way better investment this year as it seems like it will have similiar priority to club and MCC members, but thankfully a mate of mine has a spare so I may not need to double dip.

I'm sympathetic to the club's position here as you say. Free entry to Lions VFL games would be a good step but who knows whether they will even be allowed crowds. Some functions or some better opportunities to win signed merchandise for Vic members (when covid-safe functions can happen) would be a nice gesture.

Let's put it this way - assuming borders stay open I reckon I've got a better chance to see games if I fly up.

yes it’s going to be very interesting to see if Melbourne members can get access to the games. I’m an Brisbane lions AFL member but often choose to sit at the Dockland games with other Lion members in the Level 3 area. I doubt we will have that and not even sure yet what access I will get as an AFL member following an away team. AFL saying they are going to update ticketing info re AFL members in the next week....but because of reduced capacity going to be lucky to get a seat in that space and not sure if as away member I will get anything. Will be interesting to see how it works and what influence Brisbane has on ensuring members can have the opportunity to access games. Powerful clubs will want to ensure they get as many members as they can via a ballot as they don’t want to totally piss off their members and not have them join up etc so no incentive for them to give access to away clubs. AFL are going to have to step in to ensure some type of fairness. Was thinking I’m also more likely to get to a QLD game than Melbourne.

3 gamer again this year for the 5th or 6th year running.

Find out who i'm co-sponsoring too this week - it'll be The Suitcase, Berry Sr. or Cam #1

I got 20% off and a $40 voucher (bought the new training T)

Even saw Roy at the Gap Dragons sign on day (one of 2 clubs i'm involved with)

Will see 3 games at least hopefully 5 that we got planned (Sydney, Essendon, GWS, Suns + 1 other)

1614527442685.png

Find out who i'm co-sponsoring too this week - it'll be The Suitcase, Berry Sr. or Cam #1

Will see 3 games at least hopefully 5 that we got planned (Sydney, Essendon, GWS, Suns + 1 other)

View attachment 1067430

How did you go with the entire process. Just renewed and didn't select games and seats ?

View attachment 1067430
Are you secretly the one on the left

How did you go with the entire process. Just renewed and didn't select games and seats ?

Yes. I guess once they announce seating capacity they'll ask us to nominate a game we want to attend to ensure all members get spots first before selling GA tix but they said theyll make sure we all together in roughly the same seats if possible

Like you and D12 my membership is basically a donation. Due to my personal situation it is hard to get to games, stay for the whole game and get home. So I only get to live games occasionally. However getting to VFL games is slightly easier. (less crowd). I would really like free VFL admiittance.

Like you and D12 my membership is basically a donation. Due to my personal situation it is hard to get to games, stay for the whole game and get home. So I only get to live games occasionally. However getting to VFL games is slightly easier. (less crowd). I would really like free VFL admiittance.

Yeah its an unfortunate situation really. I moved to Melbourne last year and now live less than 15mins walk from the G, so I would love to get to some games this year but I have my doubts. Thankfully I got to enjoy 2019 as a home member which was the most fun season to go to home games we've had in 20 years.

My one hope is that as most of our actual melbourne games are currently fixtured for the last 8 rounds of the season, the crowd situation might have improved by then assuming a continuation of low numbers of cases and uptake of vaccines.

SURELY there will be tickets/seats made available to members of interstate clubs at games here in VIC; whether that be a certain number or percentage of crowd permitted.

We have what, 5000 VIC members (roughly)? If half of them got a ticket to a game at Marvel (for example) that’s 25,000 odd tickets (or 90%) for the home team.

SURELY there will be tickets/seats made available to members of interstate clubs at games here in VIC; whether that be a certain number or percentage of crowd permitted.

We have what, 5000 VIC members (roughly)? If half of them got a ticket to a game at Marvel (for example) that’s 25,000 odd tickets (or 90%) for the home team.

I'll be absolutely staggered if members miss out on games. With roughly 5k in membership in Vic, every single member should be afforded the opportunity to go to every game maybe with the exlcusion of the Geelong game in which the ticketing has always been a farce anyway, so no loss there. What an absolute stitch up if members miss out on games so clubs with larger member bases are afforded more of the ticketing. The club better be lobbying the AFL to sort this out.

I'll be absolutely staggered if members miss out on games. With roughly 5k in membership in Vic, every single member should be afforded the opportunity to go to every game maybe with the exlcusion of the Geelong game in which the ticketing has always been a farce anyway, so no loss there. What an absolute stitch up if members miss out on games so clubs with larger member bases are afforded more of the ticketing. The club better be lobbying the AFL to sort this out.
I would imagine the away teams will have a certain percentage of tickets available.
Shouldn’t matter if it is Richmond v Hawks or Richmond v Lions.
The same amount should be available to both away teams.

I would imagine the away teams will have a certain percentage of tickets available.

I

Should be minimum 20% of available tickets/seats for members, which will be nowhere near 28,000 at Marvel when the AFL members and corporates are taken out (and MCC, AFL members and corporates at the G). If 18,000 tickets/seats were made available to members at Marvel after AFL members/corps are taken out then 3,600 should at a minimum made available to the away team members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back