2021 Membership

Does anyone actually ever do anything with the pin? Ours only ever stay in their little plastic packet and go in the drawer. I think we threw out about 5 season's worth of pins when we moved house last December.

A keyring, on the other hand, far more functional.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Got my membership pack today, I must say pretty underwhelming, car sticker, fridge magnet(no fixture list), and member pin. Really not worth the hassle and expenditure for the club to do it up any longer, just get rid of it all together and be done with it IMO. Pass any savings on to members as a larger discount on club merchandise.
We're very minimalist in our house, although I do get away with the Lions fixture fridge magnet donning the side of the fridge, which does in come handy when you're on the phone or whatever and plans are being made to refer whether I am "available." ;)

Now the old fixture fridge magnet by useless to a lot of people, but it has been the only functional item I've used aside from the membership card (I'm not a lanyard kind of guy) contained in the membership packs, so I'm sad to see it go. I've not been to our PO Box in a couple of months where my membership is currently sitting, so I guess I'm not missing much.

I'm guessing this is her on the phone to Hugh?

That’s her. They were originally only going to buy tickets to games they were attending as she’s not a huge ‘watch several games a week’ AFL fan but her new partner is a huge Lions supporter so they decided to buy memberships instead, how’s that for luck!

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Received my bronze membership today , how pathetic , absolute embarrassment

a useless badge , tiny fridge magnet , much smaller car sticker and a stupid plastic carry bag ! And that’s it !!

all rubbish . This club can do better than that

what do others think

a useless badge , tiny fridge magnet , much smaller car sticker and a stupid plastic carry bag ! And that’s it !!

what do others think
I am soooo pissed 😤
I didn’t get a plastic carry bag!

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Not even a membership card honestly has to be the worst membership package in the AFL

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
That’s her. They were originally only going to buy tickets to games they were attending as she’s not a huge ‘watch several games a week’ AFL fan but her new partner is a huge Lions supporter so they decided to buy memberships instead, how’s that for luck!

what do others think

The car sticker is rubbish. You’d have to be tailgating to see it. Just looks cheap and miserly and I’m not even going to put it on my car.

Didn’t even get the stupid plastic bag.

The kids got the worst pair of socks I’ve ever seen - itchy nylon tube, doesn’t even have a shaped heel. The pencil case and tote bag thing are ok, but previous years have been significantly better.

what do others think

I might be in the minority but I could not care less what comes in that pack so long as I have a ticket to the games. The little things included in the packs are usually nick-nacks aimed at engaging children.

In the current climate they won't both doing fixtures or membership cards, blink of an eye and they are useless. All the little bits and bobs are just cheap junk anyway, always have been. TBH, outside of the lanyard missing (we like to collect them) it looks fairly normal to me. I do also like the fixture on the fridge magnet, but again, who says the fixture won't change this year, so can understand not doing it. The pack isn't meant to have great merch value.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

what do others think
Was that you who filmed yourself binning their membership pack and having a little rant on Facebook?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I might be in the minority but I could not care less what comes in that pack so long as I have a ticket to the games. The little things included in the packs are usually nick-nacks aimed at engaging children.
I'd be fine if the club got rid of the adult member pack and either invested the saved money into a greater discount on merchandise or upped the standard of the children's pack.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree.
You are basically paying a discount for 11 home games and a reserved seat.
For new Season Premium Adult membership it is $44.55 per game against paying $65 each time you decide to go
Depending on the package you choose you also get discounts tickets and with premium you also get 2 free tickets as well as a $20 voucher
Not to mention access to finals tickets weeks 1-3

These deals far out way the trinkets in the membership pack. I think you can request for the trinkets not to be sent at time of renewal
For a lot of us the seat is also with family & friends or others you get to know over the years. This has value but not in $ terms

Now from what i have read about the Lions Victoria membership, that is a different story altogether

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

what do others think
To be honest, I reckon this sort of stuff is yesterday's world and the Club would be better off giving members a voucher for the Lions Shop and allowing members to buy (in the shop or on-line) the stuff they wanted. The postage and packaging of the current rubbish and the negativity it attracts is just counter-productive. Maybe a "children's pack" as a compromise.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
The car sticker is rubbish. You’d have to be tailgating to see it. Just looks cheap and miserly and I’m not even going to put it on my car.

Didn’t even get the stupid plastic bag.

The kids got the worst pair of socks I’ve ever seen - itchy nylon tube, doesn’t even have a shaped heel. The pencil case and tote bag thing are ok, but previous years have been significantly better.
I have been putting the car sticker on for years, I'm with you, wont be this year.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
At least you have yours. I emailed the club yesterday, 3 days from our first game as I didn’t have the pack yet. Response was you should have it by end of month. That’s two rounds into the season. Not a good look. How do we grab a scarf without the membership card?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Not sure if all Vic Members received this, but I got this from the club yesterday (not that it really matters):

Thank you for your patience while you await the arrival of your 2021 Brisbane Lions Membership Pack.

Your membership pack delivery was scheduled to arrive to your nominated address this week, however due to lengthy customs inspections, Brisbane Lions membership packs are now estimated to arrive by the end of next week.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and can appreciate your frustration and eagerness to receive your pack.

Your access to matches remains unaffected, and you are able to redeem your member tickets via mobile membership.

If you have any further enquiries regarding your pack, or your 2021 membership please email membership@lions.com.au.

At least you have yours. I emailed the club yesterday, 3 days from our first game as I didn’t have the pack yet. Response was you should have it by end of month. That’s two rounds into the season. Not a good look. How do we grab a scarf without the membership card?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you are waiting for a membership card, you are going to be really disappointed.😕

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
Anyone else have issues redeeming tickets for the Collingwood game? I jumped on yesterday as soon as I got the email, and there was no option to redeem. Try again this morning and now there's only random single seats available.

Back