FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Not sure if all Vic Members received this, but I got this from the club yesterday (not that it really matters):

Yeah got the same. Don't really care to be honest, wouldn't have cared if it said "you won't get it this year".

Also got an email inviting me to 'purchase' a $0 ticket to the Easter Thursday game as a VIC+ member. Thought about getting one for my mate (Essendon supporter) who lives up there, but thought better of it (and don't even know if one can transfer a members digital ticket to another person, unlike guest passes?).

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
Ahhh! I see.
Not good for you, but good for the game, it is obviously close to a sell out.

It doesn't go on sale till Monday. Members are supposed to have priority access before then.

Danny3

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Moreton Bay Lions
It doesn't go on sale till Monday. Members are supposed to have priority access before then.

All good, just spoke to someone at the Club. There was a coding error. Phew!

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
I just get a supporter membership now .
If I get anything really useful as I have the past few years it makes me happy .
This year is pretty average , but it doesn’t bother me .To me it’s just a donation to a club I love 🦁❤️

Had a mate go into the club today because his tickets hadn’t come through for the first 3 games.
Ended up being a problem with his login details to his My Lions Account.
But anyway, when he was there he said that the phones were just going off non stop and they were running around like headless chooks trying to answer everyone’s questions and the wait was a looonng time to get his issues resolved.
Just need to remember that the club is very understaffed at the moment too due to staff cuts across the board.
Apparently there is a pretty big push to try and get that 35k membership number too.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Maybe someone could start an online petition, asking the club to scrap all the membership pack stuff, and just replace it with a commemorative “membership” card and lanyard.

I would much prefer that, to anything else in the membership pack.

I’m sure a lot of people feel the same.

dizzysquizz

Senior List
May 16, 2016
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Had a mate go into the club today because his tickets hadn’t come through for the first 3 games.
Ended up being a problem with his login details to his My Lions Account.
But anyway, when he was there he said that the phones were just going off non stop and they were running around like headless chooks trying to answer everyone’s questions and the wait was a looonng time to get his issues resolved.
Just need to remember that the club is very understaffed at the moment too due to staff cuts across the board.
Apparently there is a pretty big push to try and get that 35k membership number too.

The club is advertising on SEEK.com at the moment for admin staff to work in membership department of the club.

The club is advertising on SEEK.com at the moment for admin staff to work in membership department of the club.

Haha they could make interacting with us whingers on big footy part of the selection process. We'd sort em out.

Oh really? How do we grab a scarf then?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Visit the Members Shop and then see if you can outrun the cashier.

Personally I don’t give a rats asss about the useless trinkets in the membership packs. I want my membership card to go with my collection. How the #$$%%^ am I gonna make money on selling the collection with a missing card. My collection is now worthless. It's like having a Ming Dynasty vase with a chip on it or a Michelangelo statue with a missing appendage. Useless.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think you can request for the trinkets not to be sent at time of renewal
Do you know where? I have been wanting to do this for a few years now as I just throw away most of it every year as well. Just give the option to pick up the odd new scarf or polo every few years and I'll be happy

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Do you know where? I have been wanting to do this for a few years now as I just throw away most of it every year as well. Just give the option to pick up the odd new scarf or polo every few years and I'll be happy
I think it was a tick box on the membership renewal. I did it this year, we don't need these bits of tat cluttering up the house and ending up in landfill.

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I hoard the packs for some strange reason - I don't even use the stickers. At the end of the season I carefully place the lanyard and the fridge magnet back into the packet and toss it in the cupboard.

Would be much better if they reserved the novelty items for the kids and just gave everyone else a Lions Shop voucher.

The member discount + the voucher + the birthday discount allowed me to get the reversible training guernsey for about $100 (incl. shipping). Definitely one of my better purchases and has been used extensively this pre season.

Personally I don’t give a rats asss about the useless trinkets in the membership packs. I want my membership card to go with my collection. How the #$$%%^ am I gonna make money on selling the collection with a missing card. My collection is now worthless. It's like having a Ming Dynasty vase with a chip on it or a Michelangelo statue with a missing appendage. Useless.
I'll take that chipped Ming Dynasty vase off your hands if you like.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think it was a tick box on the membership renewal. I did it this year, we don't need these bits of tat cluttering up the house and ending up in landfill.
Yes it is somewhere in your account at this renewal time
Just like you could request the lanyard but their was a time limit on these request
The problem is when renewals come around most people don't go into their account and see what you can do
You can't look too early or too late
The only way you will remember this is to put it in a Calendar/Diary reminder

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You can still get say a cap plus lanyard with your $20 voucher
However without checking with the Lions Shop it may very well be a generic Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum card without your name on
You can always ring and ask.
Maybe someone on this forum can answer this question

Nov 4, 2007
G Town aka Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Membership cards are heading the way of dinosaur, and appears to be the same for all clubs
The outlaws are Geelong members, they originally didn’t receive their cards this year, and after complaining were able to get them. Were told though, there won’t be any next year as they’ll be electronic only via smartphone

Mavlions1961

Club Legend
Jan 31, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners, Seattle Seahawks

You can still get them but it will cost you $10.00

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
You can still get say a cap plus lanyard with your $20 voucher
However without checking with the Lions Shop it may very well be a generic Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum card without your name on
You can always ring and ask.
Maybe someone on this forum can answer this question
I asked on Tuesday and there were no cards in store.

Back