2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything from the Melb office re the Geelong game. in the old day - pre COVID -we could try and access an area for Brisbane lions members but I guess thats not going to happen. Just wondering if I take my chances for a single seat amongst the rabid Geelong crowd as tickets go on sale Monday.

The Vic section of the website hasn’t been updated and still has 2020 info on it. With very few games in Melb it would be nice to get some info from Melbourne re things.

I’m an Blions AFL member with September upgrade - normally the AFL ticket has a photo of the captain on it...not this year- just this. Budget cuts all over the place but noticed no social distancing in that special part of the AFL members on Thursday night while Gil hosted the treasurer and prime minister and cronies. Wonder if the treasurer had to log onto Ticketmaster at 10am with his barcode to get his seat. Some thing change - some things stay the same.

Attachments

• 6F0E001C-CF67-4B1F-A591-1E6941B9ABF5.jpeg
    6F0E001C-CF67-4B1F-A591-1E6941B9ABF5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49

Any danger the club can find an emcee who doesn't feel the need to scream their inanities into the microphone? Subscribers deserve better.
You've got some free time, should put your name forward...

Any danger the club can find an emcee who doesn't feel the need to scream their inanities into the microphone? Subscribers deserve better.
LOL, yes we were saying the same thing last night at the game, she was horrendous and had no feel for the state of the game. sporting events don't need an emcee to create atmosphere.

Blocked access to the members bar last night and told that it is only accessible by members who have a seat in that sector due to Covid rules? Not real happy at this as I usually spend most of my time there, also one of the reasons why I got the upper tier of membership.

Blocked access to the members bar last night and told that it is only accessible by members who have a seat in that sector due to Covid rules? Not real happy at this as I usually spend most of my time there, also one of the reasons why I got the upper tier of membership.
Yea Can't get my head around that. 100% capacity allowed and then they put a barrier up halfway so we can't get to the better beer bars WTF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That really is a joke, talk about unnecessary, nonsensical, overkill.

Not sure if it’s true or not, but have heard that some people/members were able to purchase up to 6 tickets for the Geelong game with just the code that was emailed to members, so no requirement to use their membership barcode (and as such could purchase tickets for non member mates). I sincerely hope this is incorrect.

Not sure if it’s true or not, but have heard that some people/members were able to purchase up to 6 tickets for the Geelong game with just the code that was emailed to members, so no requirement to use their membership barcode (and as such could purchase tickets for non member mates). I sincerely hope this is incorrect.
With the limited numbers allowed to games that is just plain wrong and a terrible oversite by the AFL.

This is absolutely correct. I bought 3 tickets as soon as the Priority One member allocation opened, with no requirement to put in member barcodes. My mates are a Vic Supporter member and a home member.

This is absolutely correct. I bought 3 tickets as soon as the Priority One member allocation opened, with no requirement to put in member barcodes. My mates are a Vic Supporter member and a home member.

Wowee, what a ******* debacle. Feel incredibly sorry for members, particularly those that pledged in 2020c who will miss out and someone will get to go who isn’t even a member (not in your situation Tom). How on earth can they approve ticket purchases just using a code, which anyone would have been able to use.

Wowee, what a ******* debacle. Feel incredibly sorry for members, particularly those that pledged in 2020c who will miss out and someone will get to go who isn’t even a member (not in your situation Tom). How on earth can they approve ticket purchases just using a code, which anyone would have been able to use.

Yup. What I will say is that this may be out of their control as it is run by ticketek/the AFL - however, finals ticketing has always worked with membership barcodes/acc numbers so who knows.

I expect that tickets for Lions games in Melbourne it will be different, as that is what Vic members actually pay for - I'd be stunned if you can redeem tickets without a vic member barcode. But the games in Geelong and Ballarat are treated differently and aren't part of the membership, you just get a chance to purchase them.

Do any club members get a physical membership card? I know AFL members do, with their club of support shown on it front and centre. Was thinking last night about my game day ritual, which is putting on my Lions hoodie then putting the lanyard with membership card attached to it around my neck, making sure it looks good, not dissimilar to putting a tie on really. Sure I can just use an old lanyard and keep with that ritual, but not having a physical membership feels wrong, like you’re not ‘part’ of the club, and just a number.

Yup. What I will say is that this may be out of their control as it is run by ticketek/the AFL - however, finals ticketing has always worked with membership barcodes/acc numbers so who knows.

I expect that tickets for Lions games in Melbourne it will be different, as that is what Vic members actually pay for - I'd be stunned if you can redeem tickets without a vic member barcode. But the games in Geelong and Ballarat are treated differently and aren't part of the membership, you just get a chance to purchase them.

Yeah you’re 100% right, not a ‘members game’ so they can’t allow only members to access the limited number of tickets, case of first in.

Atleast a few more should become available if they raise the capacity to 75%.
If the AFL gives the official go ahead and the ticket agency gets it's act together that is a good increase
Lots of money involved so ticket agency should have contingency plans ready to implement any increase announced. I did say should.
Capacity for GMHBA stadium listed as 36k
So it will be 18k up to 27k which will be a good crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back