briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Do any club members get a physical membership card? I know AFL members do, with their club of support shown on it front and centre. Was thinking last night about my game day ritual, which is putting on my Lions hoodie then putting the lanyard with membership card attached to it around my neck, making sure it looks good, not dissimilar to putting a tie on really. Sure I can just use an old lanyard and keep with that ritual, but not having a physical membership feels wrong, like you’re not ‘part’ of the club, and just a number.
Apparently you could have ordered and bought one with your membership pack, and bought a lanyard from the Lions store.

I saw one on Facebook this morning. It was white and very plain.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Apparently you could have ordered and bought one with your membership pack, and bought a lanyard from the Lions store.

I saw one on Facebook this morning. It was white and very plain.

Sounds terrific!

My 8yo got his Hawks membership card and lanyard in the mail today, gets one because he doesn’t have a mobile phone.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Photo taken from FB. What our membership card looks like, for those who bought one in their membership pack.

F2074E8E-5EB7-4612-A7B3-3E93D510847E.jpeg

wantok

All Australian
Jan 3, 2012
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Finally got our Platinum members packs . Underwhelming Sticker included. It's too small to be read beyond a few metres! I honestly think this can only be the result of a mix up in measures when ordered. No one could possibly order the manufacture so small deliberately! The Club needs to make something bigger available. A sticker is a few cents worth to keep people happy

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Finally got our Platinum members packs . Underwhelming Sticker included. It's too small to be read beyond a few metres! I honestly think this can only be the result of a mix up in measures when ordered. No one could possibly order the manufacture so small deliberately! The Club needs to make something bigger available. A sticker is a few cents worth to keep people happy

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably really should email the club membership department.

Lots of complaints all over social media, but if you want change, the club really needs to be inundated with emails.

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The fridge magnet is just embarrassing, where’s the fixture???

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's a floating fixture so there is little utility in printing one.

Let's be honest, only the children enjoy the cheap bits and bobs - give members their pin, a large bumper sticker and a Lions shop voucher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
It's a floating fixture so there is little utility in printing one.

Let's be honest, only the children enjoy the cheap bits and bobs - give members their pin, a large bumper sticker and a Lions shop voucher.
Personally I would just like a membership card and lanyard. And a Lions shop voucher.

Photo taken from FB. What our membership card looks like, for those who bought one in their membership pack.

View attachment 1084628

I got an email weeks ago saying pack was on its way but it just hasn't come. How come the cards don't specify if you're bronze, silver, gold or platinum any more? I guess it doesn't matter because we're all one team but kinda like being able to show off my bling.

Keays2myBeamas

All Australian
Oct 5, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can anyone help me out - trying to buy tickets for tomorrow night. Usually I use the barcode on the membership card to sign in as a member on Ticketmaster. This year there is no membership card, so can’t use the barcode to sign in as a member on ticketmaster?? How do I get the right number?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Can anyone help me out - trying to buy tickets for tomorrow night. Usually I use the barcode on the membership card to sign in as a member on Ticketmaster. This year there is no membership card, so can’t use the barcode to sign in as a member on ticketmaster?? How do I get the right number?
You should sign in on your My Lions Account through the Lions app, which links your Lions membership to Ticketmaster.

jaykippa

Debutant
Oct 11, 2007
ON TOP OF THE HEAP
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy F.C.
Victorian Memberships aren’t worth a pinch of 💩 this year. Bought 2 tickets for Thursday game at 10:01am with membership barcodes and wanted to pay extra and upgrade to level 1 behind the goals like we usually do and it could not be done. So had to settle for the nose bleed section we get lumped with. So I thought I’d try my luck and just test out what I could get when general admission went on sale. And you wouldn’t believe it the first tickets that came up were level 1 behind the goals for the away team end. Now how the hell does any joe blow get first preference to these ticket over payed up members ?? Especially at the away team en. I contacted the Vic membership office to make a complaint and they said I was at least the 20th person who had rang about the same issue in the last hour.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Victorian Memberships aren’t worth a pinch of 💩 this year. Bought 2 tickets for Thursday game at 10:01am with membership barcodes and wanted to pay extra and upgrade to level 1 behind the goals like we usually do and it could not be done. So had to settle for the nose bleed section we get lumped with. So I thought I’d try my luck and just test out what I could get when general admission went on sale. And you wouldn’t believe it the first tickets that came up were level 1 behind the goals for the away team end. Now how the hell does any joe blow get first preference to these ticket over payed up members ?? Especially at the away team en. I contacted the Vic membership office to make a complaint and they said I was at least the 20th person who had rang about the same issue in the last hour.
Its the same with the finals mate, utter bullshit. They take it for granted that you are already invested so will cop whatever seats you get and make it feel like you are going to miss out. Then when general admission go on sale there are all these desirable seats still available so that punters go, "yeah well they're good seats lets just go, and if its s**t we can just leave and go and get some tapas at that little place behind the bins with the icelandic waterfall beer"

I am an BLions AFL and could not get anything on Monday - Ticketmaster is totally hopeless. Got a txt msg today for the afl to say limited AFL tickets going on sale at 3pm today and managed to get one seat on Level 3......how they work the ticketing out is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back