2021 Membership

Oh wow that's HUGE.

Our largest membership base before this was 30,941 in 2004. And last year we had 29,277.

40,000 two-thirds of the way through the season? Have mercy.

ForzaRoma

Team Captain
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
40,000 members, that is bloody massive for the club, slowly creeping up on the Bulldogs and Kangaroos for members.
ImpracticalWearyGosling-size_restricted.gif
It's even better considering the Gabba capacity is only around 36-37k, meaning our numbers can only get so high considering the size of our stadium. What's even better is that If you consider 4-6k of those members being from Victoria, the huge growth had come from Queensland. This is imperative as the growth of our club is fundamentally based on the Queensland public embracing us, and if we can continue this until we get a new 50-60k stadium, we could possibly be aiming for 60-80k members during the next decade.

ForzaRoma

Team Captain
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Oh wow that's HUGE.

Our largest membership base before this was 30,941 in 2004. And last year we had 29,277.

40,000 two-thirds of the way through the season? Have mercy.
It wasn't long ago when we celebrated reaching 20 thousand members. Times have certainly changed 😂😂

HereIam86

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
La lakers Brisbane Heat
Times have changed for the club you wouldn’t have thought five years ago the club would be getting a new training and administrative base and area built. And that there would be a new Gabba coming along they would rival Optus Stadium. The Lions would hit 40,000 member.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It will never happen, but I would love a breakdown of our membership.
Not just our membership but all clubs
It is obvious our 3 game membership make up a large part of overall membership but still would like to know the breakup
Announcements
20K just before Christmas
31K in March
35K in May
40K in June
The Club needs to find the Broncos membership list ;) . They suck at the moment and can't see much improvement next year
We have 5 more home games counting tomorrow night, Cats, Saints, Suns, Pies, & Eagles so still room to get some more on board

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Times have changed for the club you wouldn’t have thought five years ago the club would be getting a new training and administrative base and area built. And that there would be a new Gabba coming along they would rival Optus Stadium. The Lions would hit 40,000 member.

5 yrs ago most of us would have wondered why we were bothering to continue to follow the Lions, apathetic players who may or may not turn up depending on how they felt, games being over by 1/2 time with the players only showing a little spark when they knew they weren't going to win. Dreadful days. I hated the club for the fact that I wanted them to be successful and they were treating the supporters to a lot of garbage, laughably referred to as professional football. I considered supporting another team, and I did.......for all of five minutes. Deep down I knew I would never be in love with another club. I'm glad those days are past. The club as it is now is what I as a supporter, and paid up member, want it to be - on the up, both on-field and off-field.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Noticed the fixture has us playing Hawthorn at the G the week after playing Richmond there, I’m sure we were meant to be playing them down in Tassie? Might just be temporary change on paper until fixture is confirmed, but why change the venue?

Noticed the fixture has us playing Hawthorn at the G the week after playing Richmond there, I’m sure we were meant to be playing them down in Tassie? Might just be temporary change on paper until fixture is confirmed, but why change the venue?
I've had that marked as a Victorian game in my calendar since Round 1, so I'm pretty sure there's been no venue change. I was going to double dip with Lions v Hawthorn at the MCG and GWS v Essendon at Docklands.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
I've had that marked as a Victorian game in my calendar since Round 1, so I'm pretty sure there's been no venue change. I was going to double dip with Lions v Hawthorn at the MCG and GWS v Essendon at Docklands.

No idea what I was thinking/looking at then 🙄

thedaz

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal
Trying to claim some of my member guest passes I have with my membership for the Suns home game - apparently its on right now - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. Anyone got any easy instructions? Should they have sent me codes to do this?

Sidebar: does anyone find it annoying that its incredibly difficult to find out your member number in the membership portal? Why is it not displayed with 'your profile'?

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers
Sidebar: does anyone find it annoying that its incredibly difficult to find out your member number in the membership portal? Why is it not displayed with 'your profile'?
Yes completely agree. As well as the app logging you out constantly, making it ridiculously hard to navigate.

Back