Roast 2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Also worth noting the club has surveyed members numerous times about this, and one consistent message we have given them is we prefer club reinvest money in the club over trinkets. Its why the scarf/cap stopped being mailed out - members complaining they didnt want it anyway, so dont waste money making it and posting it

This, for me.

I get it. People are different, and no way the club will ever keep 100k people happy with what they put in the membership packs. But they did ask. Not sure what more they can do.

Personally, I'm all for minimising waste as the first priority. Save the club money. Save the landfill capacity. Save the resources to manufacture and transport something that never gets enjoyed.

What I want for my membership spend is a well-run club that's competitive on the field. Is anything in the membership pack really important compared to how the club is going?

Yes, I want my freaking scarf but I'll do whatever I need to do to get it, including buy it. My pile of scarves is a collection by now. One day, I'm gunna learn to sew and stitch them all together into a pair of pants.

This, for me.

I get it. People are different, and no way the club will ever keep 100k people happy with what they put in the membership packs. But they did ask. Not sure what more they can do.

Personally, I'm all for minimising waste as the first priority. Save the club money. Save the landfill capacity. Save the resources to manufacture and transport something that never gets enjoyed.

What I want for my membership spend is a well-run club that's competitive on the field. Is anything in the membership pack really important compared to how the club is going?

Yes, I want my freaking scarf but I'll do whatever I need to do to get it, including buy it. My pile of scarves is a collection by now. One day, I'm gunna learn to sew and stitch them all together into a pair of pants.
Yep same same though I much prefer a voucher members caps are generally average , they got nothing on new era. And I got plenty of scarfs now

1 its a waste and 2 it isnt a thankyou its marketing and a woe be to us, to get people to sign up again because they know people are annoyed about this season.
Oh be damned a marketing dept doing their job , how dare they try and capitalise on the afterglow of our premiership win. I mean missing the gate receipts of 11 home games at 61k avg plus coterie would be fa 🙄 and retrenching dozens of staff is all for show I suppose ,,,spare me of the misplaced cynicism

I gladly paid my 2020 membership dues

i didn’t watch a single game live

....but got immense joy from watching our team play well and go back to back

this season was worth every cent ....and then some

half the administration worked without pay....I’m happy to go again in 2021 with a huge grin on my face...I got a sticker and a letter from the chief...life couldn’t be better

go tigers

half the administration worked without pay....I’m happy to go again in 2021 with a huge grin on my face...I got a sticker and a letter from the chief...life couldn’t be better

go tigers

great post

for some perspective, even the Flea was one who got the axe. most wont know what he's done since retirement, but for decades he's been the front man looking after the supporter groups across the country

this is a man who during our darkest days did what he could to help the supporter groups become more worthwhile, both in terms of contribution to the club financially, but also bang for buck for those who attend.

Flea like many others may get back, but with the cuts in revenue nothing is a lock. If me giving up a scarf means we can keep him or one of our other staffers on the books, do it.

2021 and 2022 will be tough. we invested in the club before, and they delivered. we want to stay a powerhouse and not an also-ran, happy to invest in them again.

*and I know not everyone can do this. family and such come first, always

Do you think we should get the option of a scarf/hat to be mailed to us rather then have to pick it up at games?
I know some people who don’t get to every game and miss out
Just think it would be nice for everyone to have before round 1 every year
You can pick it up from the superstore or pay for it to be mailed out

Take a friggin Chill Pill guys

Our club has delivered us 3 premierships in 4 years and that's why we follow football , Times are going to be Tuff the next year and tolerance is required
Im happy to continue to buy my memberships and even if i dont attend games just watching my team on TV and having bragging rights as well as the enormous satisfaction they have provided me and my family during lockdown was all that i need to continue support.

Stand by Richmond and dont worry about little stuff

Take a friggin Chill Pill guys

Our club has delivered us 3 premierships in 4 years and that's why we follow football , Times are going to be Tuff the next year and tolerance is required
Im happy to continue to buy my memberships and even if i dont attend games just watching my team on TV and having bragging rights as well as the enormous satisfaction they have provided me and my family during lockdown was all that i need to continue support.

Stand by Richmond and dont worry about little stuff
Yeah but what about the lack of gold foil posters!????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go tigers
Same thing rubber , though I’m growing more hopeful that we ll def get to games in 21. I called the club up to better understand options for my res seat I summarised as either

No change , which I accepted
Or pay a base and then only for games you attend

All pretty fair I’d have thought , presumably all clubs will do similar

great post

for some perspective, even the Flea was one who got the axe. most wont know what he's done since retirement, but for decades he's been the front man looking after the supporter groups across the country

this is a man who during our darkest days did what he could to help the supporter groups become more worthwhile, both in terms of contribution to the club financially, but also bang for buck for those who attend.

Flea like many others may get back, but with the cuts in revenue nothing is a lock. If me giving up a scarf means we can keep him or one of our other staffers on the books, do it.

2021 and 2022 will be tough. we invested in the club before, and they delivered. we want to stay a powerhouse and not an also-ran, happy to invest in them again.

*and I know not everyone can do this. family and such come first, always
That’s right , many loyal staffers lost jobs if that doesn’t underline the gravity of the situation nothing will, naturally if circumstances of your situation dictate can’t afford then options are available however it appears the gripes are more about missing lanyards and stickers than game access , odd however I get we all value things differently , whoever said relax is spot on

1 its a waste and 2 it isnt a thankyou its marketing and a woe be to us, to get people to sign up again because they know people are annoyed about this season.
Annoyed?
Mate we just won another flag.

The key difference is people can go watch the Raiders today. The MCG is only being allowed 25k in just for Boxing Day Test - no advice on capacity and rules for 2021 are yet to be announced.

Its possible some provision for spectator sport will be advised on Nov 8, but unlikely. More likely is that changes won't happen until Step 4 (which we need 14 days of zero cases to trigger)

As per Gale's video, they are already budgeting for ballots to decide who gets to go on match day. This is because at best the AFL is budgeting for 50% capacity at the G (last I heard). That means only 25k members per game, and thats by killing general admin.

until the club knows how many people they can get in per game, they cannot know how many games a H11 membership will be reduced to. There is a big gap between 3 and 8 games for example. This number will directly effect how much some people pay under the "pay if you go" model.

Also worth noting the club has surveyed members numerous times about this, and one consistent message we have given them is we prefer club reinvest money in the club over trinkets. Its why the scarf/cap stopped being mailed out - members complaining they didnt want it anyway, so dont waste money making it and posting it

thanks Benny;)

Annoyed?
Mate we just won another flag.

That's great, but it glosses over some of their decisions towards members this year.

You can differentiate between on field success and decisions we made off field.

That's great, but it glosses over some of their decisions towards members this year.

You can differentiate between on field success and decisions we made off field.
Decisions off field in the current situation is pretty much very fluid on a weekly basis.
We can only act on what information we can gather.
As it stands atm.Our revenue is going take a massive hit just from gate takings alone.
If people can't understand that and have a hissy fit over very minor issues then perhaps they're better off following the canberra raiders.

Decisions off field in the current situation is pretty much very fluid on a weekly basis.
We can only act on what information we can gather.
As it stands atm.Our revenue is going take a massive hit just from gate takings alone.
If people can't understand that and have a hissy fit over very minor issues then perhaps they're better off following the canberra raiders.

Posting concerns isn't having a hissy fit.
and yes our revenue will take a hit which is even more reason to be aware and make smart business decisions.

Wife & I are interstate supporters so the club automatically separately mails us caps with our membership (and very nicely sent us scarves in Jan this year as we told the club that we need them for when we go to games in cold Melbourne). Very happy for the club to stop automatically sending anything and to go digital - during these harder financial times. I will continue to treasure the caps and scarf that I do have.

I will contact membership and tell them to hopefully save the club a dollar or two.

. I mean missing the gate receipts of 11 home games at 61k avg plus coterie would be fa 🙄 and retrenching dozens of staff is all for show I suppose

So why then would you waste so much money printing 100,000 coloured letters, 100,000 useless pieces of plastic cards on top of 100,000 mailing costs when a simple E-Mail would've sufficed.

So why then would you waste so much money printing 100,000 coloured letters, 100,000 useless pieces of plastic cards on top of 100,000 mailing costs when a simple E-Mail would've sufficed.
At a guess.Already contracted out to said company before covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back