FAQ's

Member Pack :-

M/ship card
Lanyard
Sticker sheet
PVC Bag

159891935018311158265f4d92b6d887a_desktop.png

Member Choice :-

An additional item for your selection - chose from any of the 2021 Member exclusive merchandise items :-

Member Scarf
Member Cap
Member Beanie

Details on how to select & redeem your item will be in the letter accompanying your Member pack.

159919958117842728115f51d95de1c75_desktop.png

Junior Members :-

Junior Members receive a Charlie's Crew Pack

Membership Card
Lanyard
Sticker Sheet
PVC Bag
Drawstring Bag
Pencil Case
Button Badge
Plush Footy
Invitation to a Junior Clinic

159900816513035331805f4eeda554ddb_desktop.png

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Rumours going around that if there are covid restrictions for next season in Melbourne in terms of attendance figures clubs are pushing for Members-Only games, no General Admission sales.

If this does happen expect a rise in membership again, although mainly the 3-5 game packages or other special offers.

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Would that include the one extra free membership that was an option in lieu of a refund? i.e. I nominated a mate, provided all his details, but he actually has not contributed anything.

As keen as we all are, it would seem a bit odd that a large number of people would rush to sign up until a bit more is known about what next year holds?
Exactly what I was thinking. Going to be a hell of a spike in members this year due to giving every member from 2020 a free one to give to someone elsw this year.

Will look good from the outside, but the challange will be to convert them to paying members in 2022.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Exactly what I was thinking. Going to be a hell of a spike in members this year due to giving every member from 2020 a free one to give to someone elsw this year.

Will look good from the outside, but the challange will be to convert them to paying members in 2022.

Its a great idea, even if you were only able to convert 10-15% it’s a great outcome

Juddrockz

Premium Platinum
Oct 22, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Rumours going around that if there are covid restrictions for next season in Melbourne in terms of attendance figures clubs are pushing for Members-Only games, no General Admission sales.

If this does happen expect a rise in membership again, although mainly the 3-5 game packages or other special offers.
IF it comes down to members get priority to get into games there will a rise through every club you'd think? Most Victorian supporters would be "chompng at the bit" to go to a live game again,i know i am. Hopefully we can all squeeze into Marvel when we play another strong supporter based team and its not a ballot system for members.

Earls Smother

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
IF it comes down to members get priority to get into games there will a rise through every club you'd think? Most Victorian supporters would be "chompng at the bit" to go to a live game again,i know i am. Hopefully we can all squeeze into Marvel when we play another strong supporter based team and its not a ballot system for members.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

If, for example crowds are restricted to 50% that would mean 25,000ish in Marvel and 50,000ish at the G. If Richmond have 100,000 members and we have 80,000 there is going to be a lot of disappointed members come round 1. How would you apportion home and away members? They have 2 flags to unfurl but you can't lock the Carlton members out completely.

It may then come down to levels of membership? Reserved seat holders would get priority you would assume. Then there's Legends I think (they might all be reserved anyway) and then Captains Club. Basic level membership holders could become very disgruntled if they only get seats to some games via a ballot.

Hopefully the virus has been eliminated here and a vaccine has started to be rolled out by then. It's difficult to know whether there will be early spikes in membership numbers, or more of a "wait and see" approach. Our early spike would no doubt be due to a lot of freebies given away to members from last season.

Edit: Round 1 would be our home game, so Tigs would unfurl in round 2, but principle is the same.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Is there a cap on reserved seating? is it best to get in now?

It’s not so much that it’s more around guaranteed grand final ticket option. I just wanted to know if there is a limit on how many members can be under that category.

There is a limit.

All Reserved Seat categories (Legends Lounge, Captains Club Reserved & Members Reserve) are all REGISTER INTEREST.

Wouldn't hurt to register.

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
There is a limit.

All Reserved Seat categories (Legends Lounge, Captains Club Reserved & Members Reserve) are all REGISTER INTEREST.

Wouldn't hurt to register.

Amazing! Thanks so much that was the information I was after. Really appreciate it!

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Does anyone know if there is an add on for MCC members to get guaranteed grand final tickets.

I can see there’s a captains club add on but the site doesn’t make it clear if that guarantees GF tickets.

Earls Smother

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
This is a crazy amount of growth in the circumstances. Well done Bluebaggers.

I'll preface this by saying I want us to continue to grow our membership to Richmond-esque proportions, and I will rejoin regardless of circumstances. However, playing devil's advocate, we need to be careful not to just assume natural growth in these unusual times.

Yes we are improving, but people got no tangible benefit for their membership in 2020, and 2021 is still very uncertain in terms of what value a membership will hold i.e. crowd capacity limits. Is that a recipe for the average supporter to rush to recommit?

I would guess that at least one in three of our 67,035 members would have taken up the free extra membership option. That would mean around 22,000 free memberships, most of which would already be processed (I know mine has). That means a) we would need to reach 90,000 as a "break-even", and b) we are more likely around 10,000 down in renewals, rather than 10,000 up. This would make sense as people wait to see what happens with seating capacity, and also potentially wait to see what level of membership they need to guarantee a seat.

Some people may even wait to see if they can get the discounted memberships that were offered for this year. My sister rejoined this season (2020) and got an 11 game membership for the price of 3. The club offered her the same deal again, plus a freebie. She nominated her husband who barracks for Richmond, just so she has a spare if required. Whilst this is good customer relations, it is clearly not sustainable.

If Covid is well controlled leading into next season, and crowd numbers look promising (Lang Park was at 52,000 capacity last night) then I reckon our numbers will push into the 90,000's. 67,000 plus natural growth (8-10K ?), plus freebies, will be a big number. Then the next challenge for Liddle is to see how many of those can be converted into "ongoing" memberships. The teams performance in 2021 will have a big say in that.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I'll preface this by saying I want us to continue to grow our membership to Richmond-esque proportions, and I will rejoin regardless of circumstances. However, playing devil's advocate, we need to be careful not to just assume natural growth in these unusual times.

Yes we are improving, but people got no tangible benefit for their membership in 2020, and 2021 is still very uncertain in terms of what value a membership will hold i.e. crowd capacity limits. Is that a recipe for the average supporter to rush to recommit?

I would guess that at least one in three of our 67,035 members would have taken up the free extra membership option. That would mean around 22,000 free memberships, most of which would already be processed (I know mine has). That means a) we would need to reach 90,000 as a "break-even", and b) we are more likely around 10,000 down in renewals, rather than 10,000 up. This would make sense as people wait to see what happens with seating capacity, and also potentially wait to see what level of membership they need to guarantee a seat.

Some people may even wait to see if they can get the discounted memberships that were offered for this year. My sister rejoined this season (2020) and got an 11 game membership for the price of 3. The club offered her the same deal again, plus a freebie. She nominated her husband who barracks for Richmond, just so she has a spare if required. Whilst this is good customer relations, it is clearly not sustainable.

If Covid is well controlled leading into next season, and crowd numbers look promising (Lang Park was at 52,000 capacity last night) then I reckon our numbers will push into the 90,000's. 67,000 plus natural growth (8-10K ?), plus freebies, will be a big number. Then the next challenge for Liddle is to see how many of those can be converted into "ongoing" memberships. The teams performance in 2021 will have a big say in that.
This model is employed in sports across the globe. It’s a cheaper, more flexible way to engage members. It’s not a pseudo membership, it’s a membership. What you are suggesting is a flex your muscles model of ‘I’m a better member or fan because I have a full membership. Interstate members pay less but they are still members. If you pay for membership you are a number, bottom line.

Back