2021 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Would suck to be a St Kilda fan especially when they drew that GF a while back only to capitulate a week later . Would like to see Ratts win one maybe this year even but after that move over its Carlton dynasty time and back to finals every year where we belong .
Nah, f*** 'em.

Sorry, Ratts.

That’s brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

If you look at the last slide, there’s a quote from Cain Liddle, which he says...

“if i ever when to another club that’s the first call I’d make” in relation to analysing the supporters demographics.

They haven’t trained in Glenroy yet, sakc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would suck to be a St Kilda fan especially when they drew that GF a while back only to capitulate a week later . Would like to see Ratts win one maybe this year even but after that move over its Carlton dynasty time and back to finals every year where we belong .

Um no!

So I got an email about a free membership - do these free memberships form part of our membership number? Bit misleading if true.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
There are some free membership offers as a sign of good faith to those are the most committed to the cause (and who stuck fat last year without being able to see a game) to distribute in an attempt to get them to bring others into the fold. Most consider this excellent marketing as the new members are likely to rejoin next year (just as those of us who had a free upgrade a few years ago stayed with their new packages). Surely being innovative in terms of giving existing members a reward for their loyalty and engaging/re-engaging with people who are not currently members and could/should be is a good thing.

Yes, but also makes the number this year a bit inaccurate. There could be 10,000 free members.

I didn't take up the the free M/ship as all my family are Carlton/MCC Members.

Instead I called the Club and got a credit on this years M/ship which is equivalent to the free M/ship.

I know quite a few who have done the same as I have.

There are some free membership offers as a sign of good faith to those are the most committed to the cause (and who stuck fat last year without being able to see a game) to distribute in an attempt to get them to bring others into the fold. Most consider this excellent marketing as the new members are likely to rejoin next year (just as those of us who had a free upgrade a few years ago stayed with their new packages). Surely being innovative in terms of giving existing members a reward for their loyalty and engaging/re-engaging with people who are not currently members and could/should be is a good thing.
The supposition that it is designed to get numbers up is accurate. Had never been in a position to gain any advantage from membership, so historically my support was in purchasing as much supporter clothing as I could afford. Last year my dear white extended the purse strings to include an interstate membership. Renewed this year. Just today, after he fiasco with email and ultimately text rollout, received an email to give a free membership. Wife has been signed up and will be added to our numbers.

Reward for loyalty not really appropriate description for a second year member, (despite 55 years a supporter) given our situation, highly unlikely finances will allow two memberships next year, thus inflating this year’s figures “artificially”.

I didn't take up the the free M/ship as all my family are Carlton/MCC Members.

Instead I called the Club and got a credit on this years M/ship which is equivalent to the free M/ship.

I know quite a few who have done the same as I have.
But this is my point, it's all well and good to say we have 70k+ members, but if a 10% portion are free memberships it's a bit deceiving (10% may be a bit over reach by me).

In the end it's the money we earn from memberships that's important. But atthe same time, I'm sure sponsors look at the number and may be more inclined to contribute/sponsor based on the number

Comes down to a bit of a pissing contest anyway, member numbers. Don't some clubs include pet memberships?

But this is my point, it's all well and good to say we have 70k+ members, but if a 10% portion are free memberships it's a bit deceiving (10% may be a bit over reach by me).

In the end it's the money we earn from memberships that's important. But atthe same time, I'm sure sponsors look at the number and may be more inclined to contribute/sponsor based on the number

Comes down to a bit of a pissing contest anyway, member numbers. Don't some clubs include pet memberships?

About value adding, some will resign next year, some will buy merch, some will go to games for the first time and have lunch/dinner and a beer. It’s all marketing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About value adding, some will resign next year, some will buy merch, some will go to games for the first time and have lunch/dinner and a beer. It’s all marketing.
As I said earlier, it's a pissing contest in the end. Would you rather 50,000 members and make a $1m or 70,000 members and make $800k?

As I said earlier, it's a pissing contest in the end. Would you rather 50,000 members and make a $1m or 70,000 members and make $800k?

It’s not that simple though, I’ve explained that previously.

In addition, you have a greater exposure platform to present to sponsors and for funding opportunities for further developments of Princes Park.

Far from a pissing contest.

It’s not that simple though, I’ve explained that previously.

In addition, you have a greater exposure platform to present to sponsors and for funding opportunities for further developments of Princes Park.

Far from a pissing contest.
So give out 10,000 free memberships every year

The supposition that it is designed to get numbers up is accurate. Had never been in a position to gain any advantage from membership, so historically my support was in purchasing as much supporter clothing as I could afford. Last year my dear white extended the purse strings to include an interstate membership. Renewed this year. Just today, after he fiasco with email and ultimately text rollout, received an email to give a free membership. Wife has been signed up and will be added to our numbers.

Reward for loyalty not really appropriate description for a second year member, (despite 55 years a supporter) given our situation, highly unlikely finances will allow two memberships next year, thus inflating this year’s figures “artificially”.
Your loyalty was that you didn't demand a refund last year when you could have. So many could have but didn't.
Hope that your wife enjoys being a member and that your situation aĺows you to both renew next year.

My "reluctant to join" mate signed up this year, courtesy of the free membership. An excellent investment by the club in converting these sorts of people to be part of it. If Blues have a half decent year, I don't think he'll need much persuasion to sign on for the year after. Can't all be rusted on types, every club will have a bunch of fair weathers - that's a natural thing.

So many tangible and intangible benefits.... There's a potential new customer for merchandise, an extra number to attract sponsors, another reason to grant the club good tv slots, more muscle at the negotiating table when it comes to stadium deals etc.

I don't really understand people questioning it.

My "reluctant to join" mate signed up this year, courtesy of the free membership. An excellent investment by the club in converting these sorts of people to be part of it. If Blues have a half decent year, I don't think he'll need much persuasion to sign on for the year after. Can't all be rusted on types, every club will have a bunch of fair weathers - that's a natural thing.

So many tangible and intangible benefits.... There's a potential new customer for merchandise, an extra number to attract sponsors, another reason to grant the club good tv slots, more muscle at the negotiating table when it comes to stadium deals etc.

I don't really understand people questioning it.
Great post. Spot on. It's the exact strategy needed to engage with all the dormant supporters. Just need our playing group to do the right thing noe

Last edited:
Continuing members were given an additional free membership that they were able to nominate a friend of family member for.

What is the membership pack exactly given no longer caps or scarves happening?
Got this email probably 6 weeks ago and still no sight of whatever it is....
Thank you for committing to 2021 with All of Us.

Great news! Your member pack has been lodged and is due to arrive in approximately 10–14 days.

To follow its journey to your door, simply click here and enter your Tracking ID 808261008.

So re-traced finding this email and press on this tracker thing and this is what I see, I cannot make any sense of this either..

Tracking ID:

ETA: 26/01/2021

*The ETA is an estimate for AU only, if the date falls on a weekend/public holiday the ETA will be the next business day.

• RECEIVED:
    09/12/2020
  • PRINTED:
    21/12/2020
  • DISPATCHED:
    22/12/2020
  • LODGED:

what does lodged even mean for this tracking thing?
Is it still in transit??

Will follow up with ringing membership on Monday I guess but cannot follow what this email means.
Finally arrived, exactly a month later than time they said to expect it to arrive.

Bamboo Harvester. Hope you got yours too by now.
Strangely they also sent me a text about it almost a minute after picked it up from mail box.
Big brother is watching it seems....

Do we know what the ticketing system for Carlton will be for round 1 as yet?
Reserved seat members any chance of a ticket or does the home ground advantage have the ticketing benefits?

So give out 10,000 free memberships every year

It’s not like they are walking the streets giving out free tickets or burger vouchers. It’s using one avenue to open multiple future streams in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back