Strategy 2021 Mid-pricer madness

How many midpricers is the correct number for SC 2021?

• All of my starting 18 only

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • N + 1

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Only a couple - I am not much fun at parties and think The Big Bang Theory is funny

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else gets excited by mid-pricers at 'team creation time' every single year despite vowing never to touch mid-pricers again with a 20 foot pole by about round 5?

Well this time with premos finding new and inventive ways to hurt themselves there seems to be value among the mid-pricers (again).
Yes everyone has Daniher and Milera and Impey, but who else are we all eyeing off this year? Markov to get a fresh lease on life at the Suns? Heppell to suddenly become a durable elite kicking SC beast? Ziebell to make it through the year without getting suspended?

Hately and Green (GWS, the mid not the face kicker) seem to be getting a little bit of love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Locked in Young, Daniher & Impey. Then i have high end mid-pricers like Duggan, Simpkin & Rowell. They dont seem to fit my current structure but players like Heppell/Green/Caldwell/Ziebell/Hately/Cunnington/Rozee/Harmes/Draper etc could be good picks i think. I generally like mid-priced madness but im lining up with 6 rookies in my starting team at the moment. There really is no ideal amount as there are enough mid-pricers to even make a good full team of them, although its unlikely you nail all of your picks.

However, if you want the security of locking in points from premiums and picking the best rookies, then i think you probably wont see teams with more than 5 or so mid-pricers. With teams being announced only 1 day before games it may be useful to have a backup plan to downgrade a premium or high end mid-pricer to a cheaper option in order to make sure you arent stuck with rookies who dont get a game

Looking between $300k to $460k, I reckon you can make a genuine claim for the following blokes:

DEF:
Zilliams, Witherden, Duggan, Clark, Luko, Harmes

MID:
Taranto, Daicos, Serong, LDU, Anderson, Green, Heppell, Sier, Hately

FWD:
Heeney, Greene, Jartin, Langford, De Goey, Bailey, Phillips, Rayner, Cameron, Rozee, Rankine, Caldwell, TMac

Any that I've missed?

I reckon under $350k you can get away with picking them as a stepping stone, but anything above $350k, you need to be confident they'll be a keeper. There would be a bit of leeway in the middle, but down back and up forward, you need to back them in as keepers if you're picking them.

At the moment I have zero mid-pricers, probably the first time ever. If the rookies come, I'll be avoiding them.

Anything under $300k is just a cash cow...

The head-scratcher for me is Hately.
Seems a popular pick but can he generate enough profit to justify his initial cost and the trade mid-season?

I really want to start either Luko or Clark at D4 but im just not 100% convinced yet.

Looking between $300k to $460k, I reckon you can make a genuine claim for the following blokes:

DEF:

MID:

FWD:
Heeney, Greene, Jartin, Langford, De Goey, Bailey, Phillips, Rayner, Cameron, Rozee, Rankine, Caldwell, TMac

Any that I've missed?

I reckon under $350k you can get away with picking them as a stepping stone, but anything above $350k, you need to be confident they'll be a keeper. There would be a bit of leeway in the middle, but down back and up forward, you need to back them in as keepers if you're picking them.

At the moment I have zero mid-pricers, probably the first time ever. If the rookies come, I'll be avoiding them.

On that logic what would be the limit of how many one picks out of Sloane, Harmes, Rozee, Heppell or Caldwell if going for League wins? 1-2 max? None?

DEF:

MID:

FWD:

Any that I've missed?

I'm warming to one outside of those names.... for now, he shall be named Super Sexy POD!

Backline rookie spuds forced my hand to downgrade Stewart to Harmes and Young. Also have impey and Ziebell up forward but they shouldn't be too much of a worry making some decent coin.

However, if you want the security of locking in points from premiums and picking the best rookies, then i think you probably wont see teams with more than 5 or so mid-pricers. With teams being announced only 1 day before games it may be useful to have a backup plan to downgrade a premium or high end mid-pricer to a cheaper option in order to make sure you arent stuck with rookies who dont get a game

With this in mind we need to be sure about how many high-value Richmond and Carlton players to lock in for the first game before we see any of the Sat/Sun teamsheets. Wouldn't want to have too many of Dusty, Short, Cripps, Walsh, Doch, Williams, Dow(high priced rook) locked in only to find out the next day that f'all rookies have been named for the final 7 games of the round.

With this in mind we need to be sure about how many high-value Richmond and Carlton players to lock in for the first game before we see any of the Sat/Sun teamsheets. Wouldn't want to have too many of Dusty, Short, Cripps, Walsh, Doch, Williams, Dow(high priced rook) locked in only to find out the next day that f'all rookies have been named for the final 7 games of the round.

This is where everyone really needs to have 2 or 3 different team scenarios sorted ready to go. By Round 1 everyone should know what team they want to start with and as long as you have enough on field rookies required then any that aren't named you have picked because they should play early on anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a scientific approach ......you'll be fine

tenor.gif

Using a definition of 'midpricer' as anyone between JUH and 500k, I've got Zilliams, Duggan, Harmes, Heppell, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey. Tim Taranto and Hayden Young have been in and out. I've been toying with the idea of picking up Aliir Aliir too as a real POD, but not sure I've got the balls to do it.

Good on you Mofra - this thread has been missing all these weeks - months :'(
What have you been doing Andrew Birch :p

Looking at my team, I don't think I have enough real mid-pricers.

DEF:
Zilliams,

MID:
Heppell

FWD:
Heeney, Caldwell

But, I also have Cummings, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey and Dow - don't they count as mid-pricers?
They are certainly not Rookies

DEF:
Zilliams,

MID:
Heppell

FWD:
Heeney, Caldwell

But, I also have Cummings, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey and Dow - don't they count as mid-pricers?

Would Heeney and Williams really be considered Mid pricers over $450k?

I definitely have way too many mid-pricers, as usual, but if I'm ever gonna get away with it, it's this year.

If they all break out the 50k is mine y'all

DEF:
Zilliams,

MID:
Heppell

FWD:
Heeney, Caldwell

They all count as mid-pricers. You have 9 mid-pricers you mad kent! :D

Up to $500k in the midfield (as a threshold) I have Worpel, Taranto and Heppell.

Defence up to $450k only Harmes.

Forward currently Impey but also Heeny and Butters who just above that $450k mark.

Actually not as many as I originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back