Strategy 2021 Mid-pricer madness

How many midpricers is the correct number for SC 2021?

• All of my starting 18 only

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • N + 1

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Only a couple - I am not much fun at parties and think The Big Bang Theory is funny

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crisp looked to play a slightly different role last year.

Pies fans thoughts.
Nothing different last year, same half back role. I think 2018 and 2020 is his normal range, 95-99 average. He just had a down year in 2019

Rosey burnt me big time last year. Please complete the following sentence....don't pick Rozee because [blank]. Can't believe I'm tempted again. Wasn't last year punishment enough?? Or is a fit Rozee no longer a Rosey?

You reckon Howe OUT help his scores?
Don't think so. He just seagulls off half back, never misses a game, consistent. If his clanger count was lower, he'd be averaging 110+

Rosey burnt me big time last year. Please complete the following sentence....don't pick Rozee because [blank]. Can't believe I'm tempted again. Wasn't last year punishment enough?? Or is a fit Rozee no longer a Rosey?
Same my fwd line was mess.
Learnt a bit taking too many risks in the one line last year.

Added Ridley and Simpkin. Any others I'm missing?

Looking at the list, none bar Petracca were must-haves. Yes several guys did well, but most of them had form spikes. Some started poorly and then went nuts (Andrew Brayshaw, Walsh), others started well and then dropped off (Simpkin, Ridley, Doch, Viney). So with that, I'm happy to try a GnR approach this season, as long as the rookies are there

Several people were talking up Bailey Smith (415k) this time last year if I recall correctly.

Fortunately for those tempted by him his foot is still apparently ****ed, so he won't play all 22 games.

Perfect Chol joke here kents and you all missed it...I am disappoint.

You know the joke is bad when you have to tell everyone it was a joke

When is Gus back? Him and Viney will push Jordan out of the team and Harmes back to the vege section with the other potatoes.
I don't think Gus is ever getting CBA's and playing that pure contested on-ball role every again. I reckon with his concussion history, they will protect him. Wing/forward or nothing if he wants a career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Gus is ever getting CBA's and playing that pure contested on-ball role every again. I reckon with his concussion history, they will protect him. Wing/forward or nothing if he wants a career.
Sucks to be Melbourne then cause he's a gun on-baller imo (much better than Viney) and a bit s**t everywhere else

If they wanted to "protect him" they would have done it last year since he had a concussion history last year too. They didn't do that and Gus recorded a career high 59% CBAs only marginally behind Tracc. I believe that 59% was significantly up from the year before IIRC. If Gus loses his centre square time this year it will be because they want to play Harmes as the #4 Mid instead as they did in 2019 when Gus was pushed out to the wing for the same player. I don't believe that will happen though, since there will be fewer bench rotations and Dees lacked a #5 mid in the rotations last year. So Harmes to play 50/50 Mid/HF

If they wanted to "protect him" they would have done it last year since he had a concussion history last year too. They didn't do that and Gus recorded a career high 59% CBAs only marginally behind Tracc. I believe that 59% was significantly up from the year before IIRC. If Gus loses his centre square time this year it will be because they want to play Harmes as the #4 Mid instead as they did in 2019 when Gus was pushed out to the wing for the same player. I don't believe that will happen though, since there will be fewer bench rotations and Dees lacked a #5 mid in the rotations last year. So Harmes to play 50/50 Mid/HF

On the lower interchanges, doesnt it just mean that players’ stints are longer on the bench, rather than is changing the amount of time on the bench?

I hope not. All the talk from coaches this preseason is about mids spending more time resting forward than on the bench.

Put Dusty down for 40 goals this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back