Strategy 2021 Mid-pricer madness

How many midpricers is the correct number for SC 2021?

• All of my starting 18 only

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • N + 1

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Only a couple - I am not much fun at parties and think The Big Bang Theory is funny

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the preseason matches, this is my updated list:

DEF:
Zilliams (suspended for round 1, don't think it's worth benching him)
Witherden (Hurn will take too many points off him)
Duggan :whitecheck:
Clark :whitecheck:
Luko (inconsistent)
Harmes (butchers the ball, not sure where he fits when other players return)

MID:
Taranto :whitecheck:
Daicos (won't get enough inside time, inconsistent scoring)
Serong ??? (didn't play in the prac matc
LDU :whitecheck:
Anderson (playing outside, won't score enough)
Green ??? (will he get enough time on ball to score well? scored well when given the opportunity on the weekend)
Heppell ??? (got a lot of the ball, but turned it over a lot, might just be rusty)
Sier (no guaranteed spot, been a bit meh)
Hately (not best 22, has work to do, won't play round 1)

FWD:
Heeney ??? (might be spending too much time forward, especially after Mills has moved into the middle and some kids have improved)
Greene :whitecheck:
Jartin (shocking score in the preseason match, too much time in the forward half)
Langford (spending too much time forward it seems)
De Goey :whitecheck:
Bailey ??? (looks like he needs a few goals to score well, doesn't seem to get enough of the ball)
Phillips :whitecheck:
Rayner (poor bloke is done for the year)
Cameron ??? (will kick goals, but he's a KPF, so he'll throw in some shockers)
Rozee (surgery, not playing early rounds)
Rankine (too much time forward, inconsistent scoring)
Caldwell :whitecheck:
TMac (key forward, up and down scoring)

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

Think I got bitten by the midprice bug yesterday because after sitting on a 12 keeper pure GnR team for a couple weeks, here I am changing everything trying to get more keepers in. Clark, De Goey, Taranto, Phillips and Butters have all been in and out of my team yesterday and today

giphy.gif

I’m all in on MPM this year.

I usually start with a bit of a midpricey sort of team but this year it is completely of control.

Last time I looked I had nine players between 200K and 500K in my team.

I only have ten genuine keepers and at least one of those doesn’t have a real history of scoring at premium levels.

Feels good.

I feel dirty being in here but anyway........

I currently have Dow & Tyson. Someone talk me out of it please.
Only Dow and Tyson?

You’re in the wrong thread. You want the “I have one high priced rookie and one stepping stone” thread.

Warning:
It’s nerd central over there

I’m all in on MPM this year.

I usually start with a bit of a midpricey sort of team but this year it is completely of control.

Last time I looked I had nine players between 200K and 500K in my team.

I only have ten genuine keepers and at least one of those doesn’t have a real history of scoring at premium levels.

Feels good.

I'm sitting on eleven 200-500k players at the moment.

I reckon I've got 8 genuine keepers if I count Taranto (who I had all last year as well). Two or three more speculative/probables.

Currently four rookies on field with a fair to middling chance one of those will become my 12th mid-pricer before season's start although I'm also trying to keep enough to move Draper to Grundy if I get too scared. End result I'll be around 10-12 on the madness scale.

I reckon I've got 8 genuine keepers if I count Taranto (who I had all last year as well). Two or three more speculative/probables.

Currently four rookies on field with a fair to middling chance one of those will become my 12th mid-pricer before season's start although I'm also trying to keep enough to move Draper to Grundy if I get too scared. End result I'll be around 10-12 on the madness scale.
using that criteria I have 8...and I thought it was a lot.

I've got 9 if you include Doch, but like you I'm hoping for a few Keepers amongst them.
I'll count it as a mini-win if I have 3 keepers amongst these 9 players, and a huge win if I have 4 keepers.
So Doch and 3 more :D

I've got 9 if you include Doch, but like you I'm hoping for a few Keepers amongst them.
I'll count it as a mini-win if I have 3 keepers amongst these 9 players, and a huge win if I have 4 keepers.
So Doch and 3 more :D
If I'm being honest, depending on rookie selections for rd1, there's a good chance two of my mid-pricers go down to rookies, and perhaps one up to 500k+. I'm hopeful four others become keepers. Leaves four stepping stones if all goes well, which it almost certainly won't.

I'm also considering trying for a top three player on each line and all mid-pricers surrounding them, so there's that.

If I'm being honest, depending on rookie selections for rd1, there's a good chance two of my mid-pricers go down to rookies, and perhaps one up to 500k+. I'm hopeful four others become keepers. Leaves four stepping stones if all goes well, which it almost certainly won't.

I'm also considering trying for a top three player on each line and all mid-pricers surrounding them, so there's that.
I'm trying to be more daring this year and have gone with a much riskier team.
I'm going to focus more on getting the best final team rather than a week by week score... so I've gone with a lot of risky injury prone players :straining:
Jelly, Fyfe and then the Mid-pricers Greene, DeGoey

Stuff it YOLO and we are bound to have more soft tissue injuries this year due to the longer game time again anway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not worthy. There is mad and then there is completely and utterly cracked. I love it.

We may need to have a MPM team reveal thread.

I'm trying to be more daring this year and have gone with a much riskier team.
I'm going to focus more on getting the best final team rather than a week by week score... so I've gone with a lot of risky injury prone players :straining:
Jelly, Fyfe and then the Mid-pricers Greene, DeGoey

Stuff it YOLO and we are bound to have more soft tissue injuries this year due to the longer game time again anway
Nice. Deliberately picking injury prone players. Very individual tactic. Just crazy enough that it could work.
maybe once in every 350,000 tries

I love it.

Just a reminder -
Anyone wants to compete against the mid-pricer madness teams

Mid-Pricer Madness (997474)
I was just going to suggest this. Joined.

Probably got a bolter’s chance of snagging a weekly top league prize with a league full of MPM teams.

Nice. Deliberately picking injury prone players. Very individual tactic. Just crazy enough that it could work.
maybe once in every 350,000 tries

I love it.
LOL - that wasn't the aim.
But, their injury history did not put me off.
They are all great players and I'm hoping that they have a better luck with injuries this year - as soft tissue injuries can happen to any players this year - stay tune :straining:

I am not worthy. There is mad and then there is completely and utterly cracked. I love it.

We may need to have a MPM team reveal thread.
Oh I've already put a couple of previous versions up, here's what I'm currently working with.

Realistically, probably Disney and Daniher down to selected rookies and Draper up to Grundy. That would bring me down to 8 madness. That said, I still quite like Duggan and Hind, so nothing is certain (aside from doom and destruction by about round 6).

mpm2021-4.png

Oh I've already put a couple of previous versions up, here's what I'm currently working with.

Realistically, probably Disney and Daniher down to selected rookies and Draper up to Grundy. That would bring me down to 8 madness. That said, I still quite like Duggan and Hind, so nothing is certain (aside from doom and destruction by about round 6).

View attachment 1077413
Love it. Completely batty. Mine is quite similar.

Back line I’ve got Laird and Tom Stewart instead of Lloyd and Aliir.

Midfield I’ve got Zerritt and Walsh instead of Mitchell and LDU.

Grundy and Flynn at R1 and R2

Danger instead of Butters.

Apart from that pretty close. Reckon I might end up with one more primo by the time it starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back