Strategy 2021 Mid-pricer madness

How many midpricers is the correct number for SC 2021?

• All of my starting 18 only

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • N + 1

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Only a couple - I am not much fun at parties and think The Big Bang Theory is funny

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's the kind of team that looks like an easy win in a league only to get beat by 300 points after a De Goey 150.
I agree. I think its the type of team that can be both underestimated and overestimated and thus can badly under-achieve and over-achieve. If my PODs fire it is capable of putting up a good score but by the same token, it relies on several players increasing their average significantly so can go catastrophically wrong. Round 1 was a bit like that, i only managed 1960 odd even with the right rookies on field and no injury issues etc but then recovered with 2280 odd last round with a terrible rookie score of 20 on field, Neale being s**t, Young & Clarke doing nothing & Caldwell getting injured by early in the 3rd quarter.

To be honest, its probably more likely to fail then succeed given the amount of risks ive taken but it is definitely unique and thus harder to predict! It also means my trading decisions are tougher than the average GnR team as i need to be very savvy with which mid-pricers i cull and which ones i keep. What i will say, i think the best thing about my team is the rookies. They arent quite perfect but i pretty much nailed the mids & forwards and after trading Highmore into my team, my back rookies are ok. Of course things change weekly regarding rookies but currently im happy with them.

ok - this is a real competition for MPM
How's this team?

I've ended up with more mid-pricers than RD1

So how many have I got ($200K to $500K).
Let me count now...

11 Mid-pricers - what can go wrong :D :straining:
Bring it on!!!

1617268433691.png

I got the jitters near lockout in week one and ended up with a few less midpricers than I had most of the preseason.

Ended up going with:

Jordan Clark
Taranto; Tom Phillips
———
Caldwell; Ziebell; Daniher

A fair few of my drafts also had:
Lachie Young
Dow
Impey

Not too disappointed to have missed L.Young and Dow. Probably getting Impey for Caldwell this week.

I have been tempted to turn Tom Phillips into Mitchell or Brayshaw this week, but I think I’ll hold him for a week or two so I can straight swap him to Lachie Neale.

This is the best thing about the mid-pricers madness, we have a quicker route to upgrade them to premos.
I've trimmed two this week, Dow & Young, starting with the cheapest :p

Not really, it just worked out that one was a dud and the other has an injury.

So only 9 mid-pricers to go.
Hopefully, I can keep 4 of them in the final team.

Just like the rookies, I think there will be weeks where these mid-pricers are studs and there are weeks when they are duds.
Hopefully, we'll get more weeks of studs rather than duds scores :D

1617620205810.png

This is the best thing about the mid-pricers madness, we have a quicker route to upgrade them to premos.
I've trimmed two this week, Dow & Young, starting with the cheapest :p

Not really, it just worked out that one was a dud and the other has an injury.

So only 9 mid-pricers to go.
Hopefully, I can keep 4 of them in the final team.

Just like the rookies, I think there will be weeks where these mid-pricers are studs and there are weeks when they are duds.
Hopefully, we'll get more weeks of studs rather than duds scores :D

View attachment 1094814

Not a bad team mate, just hate Kosi at D6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been tempted to turn Tom Phillips into Mitchell or Brayshaw this week, but I think I’ll hold him for a week or two so I can straight swap him to Lachie Neale.
I've been thinking of doing the sideways Neale-McNeil mid year

Happy with Hind, Hardwick and Hickey. Seriously thinking of pulling the trigger Dow to Heppell. 100K outlay. BE 7. Reliable as a Ford Taurus but gets another rookie score off field and can have him at M9 eventually.
High risk high return is needed for my junk team.

Happy with Hind, Hardwick and Hickey. Seriously thinking of pulling the trigger Dow to Heppell. 100K outlay. BE 7. Reliable as a Ford Taurus but gets another rookie score off field and can have him at M9 eventually.
High risk high return is needed for my junk team.

Absolutely.

Got those rookies off the field as fast as we can. Great job with Hind as being a Bomber I wanted him, but I went with Atkins instead :thumbsu:

Trying to stay the course. Several mid-pricers have left my team but I'm trying to balance that with the ins.

Out: Phillips, Green, Disney, LSD, Rowell - soon to be Butters who isn't mp now but was at the beginning.
In: Tex, Impey, Jiath - soon to be (probably) Hickey.
Remaining: Aliir, JClark, TT, Ziebell, Daniher

Down to (probably) 9 from 11.

I've had to let a few mid-pricers go and all of the sudden, my team does not look MPM anymore :mad:

So who are the remaining mid-pricers (just seven left): Doch, LDU, Clark, Greene, Walker, Ziebell & Impey

View attachment 1104271

Wouldn't call Doch a midpricer. Isn't it anyone under $500,000 a midpricer? 🤔

Wouldn't call Doch a midpricer. Isn't it anyone under $500,000 a midpricer? 🤔
Just trying to use their starting price...
It's becoming a blur now - rookies are charging up in price e.g. Gulden

I've had to let a few mid-pricers go and all of the sudden, my team does not look MPM anymore :mad:

So who are the remaining mid-pricers (just seven left): Doch, LDU, Clark, Greene, Walker, Ziebell & Impey

View attachment 1104271

Doch was never a mid-pricer. (496k starting price) Anything over 450k is premo priced on the Def line.

This must be the best ever season for midpricers, right?

Ziebell has got to be the most successful midpricer I can remember over half a dozen years of playing SC.

Plus:
- Walker
- Impey
- Daniher
- Taranto
- Jiath
- Atkins
- Bailey Dale
- Hind
- Hepple
- Aliir
- Hickey

That is probably more successful midpricers than there have been in all the years I’ve played SC combined.

This must be the best ever season for midpricers, right?

Ziebell has got to be the most successful midpricer I can remember over half a dozen years of playing SC.

Plus:
- Walker
- Impey
- Daniher
- Taranto
- Jiath
- Atkins
- Bailey Dale
- Hind
- Hepple
- Aliir
- Hickey

That is probably more successful midpricers than there have been in all the years I’ve played SC combined.

That's a handy list, but these are the mid-pricers that have left my team due to injuries mainly:

Heeney
DeGoey
Clark
Young
Dow
LDU
Walker
and finally Greene

Time to Roughy Heeney back :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back