Review 2021 Mid Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coverage starts at 6.30PM on the AFL website and AFL app:

The draft itself starts at 7pm (AEST)

The draft order for the mid-season rookie draft is the reverse ladder order after Round 11, with the number of picks dependent on the number of open list spots. (Spots opened up as LTIs/retirees are put on the inactive list.)

Last edited:
From the outside, this is looking like a ruck heavy draft.

I’m not sure if any discussion has convinced me there are any mid to small players worth drafting.

I’m even trying to think of any VFL guys who are dominating and demanding selection.

Will be those 19 year olds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 rucks who are a good chance to be picked up in the mid season draft, should opt for 18 month contracts imo

Jacob Edwards (Sandringham) 202cm 83kg - flexible ruck/forw - possible 1st pick?
Max Heath (Sandringham) 204cm 94kg - strong bodied ruck
Ned Moyle (Oakleigh) 205cm 87kg - strong bodied ruck

Do they get 18 month contracts ?
3 rucks who are a good chance to be picked up in the mid season draft, should opt for 18 month contracts imo

Jacob Edwards (Sandringham) 202cm 83kg - flexible ruck/forw - possible 1st pick?
Max Heath (Sandringham) 204cm 94kg - strong bodied ruck
Ned Moyle (Oakleigh) 205cm 87kg - strong bodied ruck
Heard all 3 won't nominate for mid-year draft as Edwards wants to go to Hawthorn Heath to St.Kilda and Moyle the pies

Heard all 3 won't nominate for mid-year draft as Edwards wants to go to Hawthorn Heath to St.Kilda and Moyle the pies
If that'd true, then Moyle has better chance at getting to the pies in the mid-season draft, given we'll have a top 3 pick (and 2 picks) given our busy period with a daicos bid come national draft

Anyone rate Bailey Lambert's chances? I haven't seen any of him this year because I've moved inter-state. Apparently he's started the VFL season red hot for Frankston.

Was eligible under F/S with Richmond in his original draft year so I'm not sure how that effects his situation.

Can you nominate as a F/S as a mature age player? Obviously if a club is going to give him a chance in the mid-season draft he'd take that over waiting for the ND and nominating us.

Spoke with a former Dolphins president and resident watcher. He loves Bailey, think's he is up to his eyeballs in a shot at getting drafted in the upcoming mid year draft. Small/medium marking forward with good speed. At 21, he is right in the thick of it even despite a walloping at the hands of VFL powerhouse Williamstown on the weekend.

Spoke with a former Dolphins president and resident watcher. He loves Bailey, think's he is up to his eyeballs in a shot at getting drafted in the upcoming mid year draft. Small/medium marking forward with good speed. At 21, he is right in the thick of it even despite a walloping at the hands of VFL powerhouse Williamstown on the weekend.
If Bailey didnt nominate for the mid draft and selected to go into the main draft, Would Richmond have father son claims ?

Nick Martin would have a good chance.

Train-on with West Coast that had his preseason ended prematurely with a quad injury.

First two games of the year:

16 touches and 2 goals

20 touches, 8 marks and 4 goals

Great kick and agile medium/tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those watching, is Nathan Freeman just accumulating decent stats or is there something more to it? Numbers seem impressive TSTL.

I have found his kicking to be up and down this season. Some games I have liked it, some I haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back