Review 2021 Mid Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coverage starts at 6.30PM on the AFL website and AFL app:

The draft itself starts at 7pm (AEST)

The draft order for the mid-season rookie draft is the reverse ladder order after Round 11, with the number of picks dependent on the number of open list spots. (Spots opened up as LTIs/retirees are put on the inactive list.)

Last edited:

Hope a club takes a punt on Nathan Freeman.

Got a lot of talent and deserves another crack at it (just hope his body holds up)
apparently is only playing part time though

SANFL V WAFL state game this weekend.
Few South Australians worth keeping an eye on.

Tyson Stengle, Liam McBean, Lachlan Hosie, Hayden Sampson, Eamon Wilkinson, Luke Partington, Riley Knight and the Jewell in the Crown Jack Hayes.

SANFL V WAFL state game this weekend.
Few South Australians worth keeping an eye on.

Tyson Stengle, Liam McBean, Lachlan Hosie, Hayden Sampson, Eamon Wilkinson, Luke Partington, Riley Knight and the Jewell in the Crown Jack Hayes.
Who's going to ruck for each?

So can we confirm what the order is for the mid season draft?

I am sure I read on the AFL site that it is the reverse order of the ladder at mid season.

Then today the journo's are all debating who North and Hawthorn will pick with picks 1 and 2 on the mid season draft.

So which way is it?

Makes sense for a reverse order because the mid season draft is about topping up contending teams to cover injuries / retirements.

I am sure I read on the AFL site that it is the reverse order of the ladder at mid season.

Then today the journo's are all debating who North and Hawthorn will pick with picks 1 and 2 on the mid season draft.

So which way is it?

Makes sense for a reverse order because the mid season draft is about topping up contending teams to cover injuries / retirements.
Its reverse order.

So which way is it?

...North and Hawthorn currently hold picks 1 and 2 in a reverse ladder order. Sure, that might change over the next couple of weeks but in the mean-time they work with what they have.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which way is it?

reverse order as of round 11 2021 seasons ladder.

So which way is it?

I don’t see the big issue here.

North and Hawthorn are probably a reasonable chance to be bottom in 3 games time.

I don’t see the big issue here.

North and Hawthorn are probably a reasonable chance to be bottom in 3 games time.

Huh?

The question was who gets the 1st pick in the mid season draft. The journo's were debating who North and Hawthorn would pick with picks 1 and 2. That assumes the order is the same as the end of season national draft, last on the ladder gets 1st pick.

But it is the opposite way around for the mid season draft. The team on top gets 1st pick. Which is what I thought was the case.

The AFL journalists don't understand how the mid season draft works. That was what the issue was, journalists printing opinions based on misunderstanding the rules.

So the discussion actually should be who would Melbourne and the Dogs pick with picks 1 and 2 in the mid season draft.

EG: Brisbane would be taking pick 4 or 5 in the mid season draft, not pick 13 or 14.

That all. :thumbsu:

EDIT: OK I totally barked up the wrong tree here. I'm off to give myself an upper cut. :$ :$ :$

Last edited:
Huh?

The question was who gets the 1st pick in the mid season draft. The journo's were debating who North and Hawthorn would pick with picks 1 and 2. That assumes the order is the same as the end of season national draft, last on the ladder gets 1st pick.

But it is the opposite way around for the mid season draft. The team on top gets 1st pick. Which is what I thought was the case.

The AFL journalists don't understand how the mid season draft works. That was what the issue was, journalists printing opinions based on misunderstanding the rules.

So the discussion actually is who would Melbourne and the Dogs pick with picks 1 and 2 in the mid season draft.

That all. :thumbsu:

Lol reverse order means the bottom team gets first pick.

You have got it completely wrong.

Lol reverse order means the bottom team gets first pick.

You have got it completely wrong.
Can you imagine being on top of the ladder AND getting the 1st pick in the mid-season draft...

What an uproar there would be. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back