Review 2021 Mid Season Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coverage starts at 6.30PM on the AFL website and AFL app:

The draft itself starts at 7pm (AEST)

The draft order for the mid-season rookie draft is the reverse ladder order after Round 11, with the number of picks dependent on the number of open list spots. (Spots opened up as LTIs/retirees are put on the inactive list.)

Last edited:
Matt Rendell on SEN today saying there might only be 10 or so picks, with a lot of clubs passing.

Sounds like being out the game is starting to affect his memory as well.
i kind of agree to a point, there is not much out there, some good ones havent nominated yet, herald sun article has a few who havent nominated, and it also depends on what clubs need as to who they pick. in my mid season mock i have 12 picks being used, no way could i find any more, and five of those have not even nominated yet.....but each to their own.

I could easily find 20 players that are worth picking up, even if I ignore the NAB league.

There are plenty who I would allow to play until the end of the year, but that doesn't mean they would be bad/illogical pick ups now.

Matt Rendell on SEN today saying there might only be 10 or so picks, with a lot of clubs passing.

Sounds like being out the game is starting to affect his memory as well.
Got to remember the players can all but name thier price.
And all of then have missed drafts or been delisted previously for a reason.

12 - 15 picks would be my best guess.

These articles keep saying that Carlton is "hiding" Xavier Maher. Did Carlton use its PSS slot on someone else, or did they just not pick up Maher (and then have theoretically done a 180)?

These articles keep saying that Carlton is "hiding" Xavier Maher. Did Carlton use its PSS slot on someone else, or did they just not pick up Maher (and then have theoretically done a 180)?
Probably wanted to see more of him and where they are with list spots with some of their mature players

I think teams are concerned about list spots and what will happen with list numbers at the end of the year
If its remains the same or even lowered this could be an issue.

Oscar McDonald now injured with bone stress in his back.

Probably wanted to see more of him and where they are with list spots with some of their mature players

I think teams are concerned about list spots and what will happen with list numbers at the end of the year
If its remains the same or even lowered this could be an issue.
I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed at all. Not in any of the footy media or podcasts either, but was certainly heavily mentioned in last year’s media podcasts.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been discussed at all. Not in any of the footy media or podcasts either, but was certainly heavily mentioned in last year’s media podcasts.
The injuries some clubs have may have reduced any taste the AFL has for reducing list spots further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone game enough to take a stab at a phantom mid season mock draft?

Few early guesses for me are;

Jacob Edwards going 1. Cody Raak at 2. Jackson Callow at 3. Michael Knoll to Gold Coast at 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate said Carlton have committed to some ruckman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back