• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
When is the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft?
The evening of Wednesday, June 2, in the week following round 11. Nominations for eligible players opens at 9am AEST on Monday, May 10 and close at 5pm AEST on Tuesday, May 25.

Watch all the NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft picks LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on AFL.com.au
and the AFL Live Official App from 6.30pm AEST on Wednesday, June 2

Nicks today saying if the right player is there we may have up to 3 picks
In the mid season draft

he mentioned small forward role and quick midfielder as options they were focusing on

no mention of ruck

Last edited by a moderator:

We lack kicking skills and class. This pick ticks the box. Looks versatile.

Sounds like hes coming across quite quickly and will be able to see him in action in the next week or so.

Side note...looks like Stengle and his management made the wrong decision in not staying under our conditions. Would want to finish the season strongly to be a chance come November.

I would like to congratulate the posters who were able to declare Patty P a bust within 30 minutes of our draft pick.

I will take a more conservative path and wait until he fails to dominate his first SANFL match before declaring him a spud and yet another Ogilvie disaster.

P.S. duly bookmarked B.C.
Adelaide board to a tee...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chazwazza seethes quietly with Ash Johnson getting selected at 3.
Funny bloke, try the veal.
At least McEntee had the cojones to play last weekend.
Two of our most consistent players all year gone for no compensation.
Anyone would have to be a dead set myopic c*** to think this was good for Aussie Rules

Anyone would have to be a dead set myopic c*** to think this was good for Aussie Rules
It happened to West, we lost Will Snelling and John Noble on the same day...bye, bye midfield for that season.
Not ideal but what can you do!

Don't know. a few of the more knowledgeable posters here that watch the kids might be able to shed some light Mutineer Skippos

There's clearly something that clubs don't love. Not a massive shock for mine - I don't think he's really played much footy this year to change whatever perceptions were had of him last year. Most of the MSD picks that weren't rucks banged their way in, filled an immediate need or had been under their clubs eye already. I'm sure clubs are happy to let him earn an opportunity in the back end of the season.

That Carlton know him well and instead opted for Jordan Boyd is alarming. Watched a bit of Footscray this year - he's a nice enough kick/toey enough but very outside and not particularly competitive. And at 22, is outperformed by most of the Dogs listed players playing VFL. Unless Carlton have a role in mind for him (designated kicker, perhaps - if the boys all look to get it in his hands, he probably doesn't need to be a high IQ accumulator), it seems a very odd selection, and one that's probably enough of an indictment on where they saw Maher at.

How dare they find pathways to get high quality footballers an extra chance at a career in the sport. Don't they know....local footy is too important!

It happened to West, we lost Will Snelling and John Noble on the same day...bye, bye midfield for that season.
Not ideal but what can you do!

Noble and Snelling played AFL very soon after which I doubt Mcentee will. Also they didn't end up playing against their old team a couple of weeks later either.

Dunno if I saw Caleb Daniel vibes there. Just seemed like a blank slate to me. Bit on the small side, but ultimately, anyone who can run and execute their skills well won't have trouble finding a niche in our (or any) side. I'm also decently confident on a high ceiling just because he's not physically developed at all. I dunno if he even ends up a defender once all is said and done due to that.

yeah, not much like Daniel at all

looks to be fast, provides a lot of dash out of defence, and with sweet skills on both feet

he can run, receive on the overlap and distribute; decent set of hands too

a nice prospect 👍

Back