List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
2020 mid season draft, wouldn’t be against having a look at Nathan Freeman if he can stay injury free.

What position does he play and what team etc please.

He is basically a speedy wingman. 25 years old, 182 cm solid build.

But he has already been at 2 clubs and couldn't string games together because he was usually crocked.

The injury if is written in letters 30m high.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
What position does he play and what team etc please.
Playing at Frankston, was a Wingman as a junior, originally drafted by Collingwood asked for trade to St Kilda. Had Pace to burn as a junior before body failed him. Played a couple at St Kilda and showed quick hands so could potentially move into the Square. Picked up 38 touches on the weekend, so can still find the pill.

Also fills a void in our Mid stocks, post Boak, Rock, Gray (even Hamish) as a 25-26 year old on baller. We either have Mayes & Wines 26-27, SPP 23-24 year old who hasn’t quite come on as a pure mid, Drew - underdone for a 22-23 year old, Butters 20 year old, Mead & Schofield 19 year olds.

Freeman may be a bust, but would rather have a dip - rather than let slip.

Last edited:

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Playing at Frankston, was a Wingman as a junior, originally drafted by Collingwood asked for trade to St Kilda. Had Pace to burn as a junior before body failed him. Played a couple at St Kilda and showed quick hands so could potentially move into the Square. Picked up 38 touches on the weekend, so can still find the pill.

Always looked like an unsound Dangerfield for mine. Would have loved him his draft year.
Like the idea of him if we could keep him sound.
Wouldn't be a bad gamble actually just thinking what we were lacking when West Coast took us apart?

If he's still in one piece come the draft

Pickett4GOAT

Cancelled
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The great thing about someone like that is you will get him for quids. Big question mark on his body but some players mature out of bodies that once broke down- Dan Menzel, Docherty, Michael Wilson, James Hird

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Always looked like an unsound Dangerfield for mine. Would have loved him his draft year.
Like the idea of him if we could keep him sound.
Wouldn't be a bad gamble actually just thinking what we were lacking when West Coast took us apart?

If he's still in one piece come the draft

Yeah I was keen on him pre-draft too.

The big question for mine aside from whether he can stay on the park is how much of his elite pace he has lost due to injuries.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The great thing about someone like that is you will get him for quids. Big question mark on his body but some players mature out of bodies that once broke down- Dan Menzel, Docherty, Michael Wilson, James Hird

Hartlett, Gray, Dixon, Fantasia (fingers crossed). Our team have a pretty good record

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Last I saw of Nathan Freeman he couldn’t kick 30m. Still good aerobically but injuries had robbed him of his pace and power. Hope he has turned that around but I suspect he is done as an AFL player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are there any Magpies players worth drafting? Its unlikely we find a star so I would prefer to reward someone in our seconds team so it encourages more people to keep joining it for potential AFL opportunity.
This yr is unique as there should be some hidden gems because of covid last yr the Vic kids didn't get a chance to play.
I do agree about rewarding magpie players but this yr might be the exception.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are there any Magpies players worth drafting? Its unlikely we find a star so I would prefer to reward someone in our seconds team so it encourages more people to keep joining it for potential AFL opportunity.
Cam Sutcliffe. Just kidding =).

There have been a few players like Surman and Moore who have looked OK but the reality of the Magpies is that that the Sanfl prevents us from getting draftable players. For example, 19 years olds who missed out last year or the players who are dominating state leagues. We are left with serviceable players who unfortunately aren't quite up to snuff to be playing AFL.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Still have plenty of time to see if there is an urgent need to draft a particular type due to long term injuries.

Otherwise see who is doing well in the under 19s in Victoria or SANFL.

No to Freeman who played 2 games in 5 years and was delisted 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Forget Magpies, we should be going out and getting the best players we can find. The SANFL has tried to screw us this year, so IMO we should be taking the best we can find from all the SANFL teams and boosting the Magpies, whilst hopefully finding someone that could have a long term future. Potential elite mids are our biggest need.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Noah Gribble has been in the best players every week in the nab league. He missed last year with an acl. (In addition to covid!) Mid who gets lots of the ball. Played in the all stars game on grand final day 2019.

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port

If we were allowed to keep our old SNAFL zone I think the idea would have merit. Without it we will always struggle to attract talented young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back