List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess we go 1 of 3 ways on this.

1. Pick someone who can play this year so that is a 25 year old type probably ex AFL player like we did with Sutcliffe.

2. Pick a young player who we think others are interested in during this draft or national draft and wont play this year but worth trying to develop,

3. Pick someone who can make a big contribution to the Maggpies and if there is a bit of serendipity could play AFL.
Number 2 for me all day.

1. Pick someone who can play this year so that is a 25 year old type probably ex AFL player like we did with Sutcliffe.

2. Pick a young player who we think others are interested in during this draft or national draft and wont play this year but worth trying to develop,

3. Pick someone who can make a big contribution to the Maggpies and if there is a bit of serendipity could play AFL.
Option 4 is that we pass.

Please for the love of god tells me there's another Riley Knight I haven't heard of out there, because if this is the Crows Riley Knight you're referring to this is probably your worst post in nearly 20 years on this site.

Lol, im sure ive made worse calls. Duursma etc.

If we want a ready made player to come in and have a potential impact then hes the best, in form player in the state leagues right now. Dominating for WWT. Has pace and skill. Kicks goals. Will be good depth for what is an injury riddled midfield group right now

2 is the way to go. Maybe 3 to help provide some leadership if nothing decent as an option 2. What I don't want is another Sutcliffe selection. We've seen this story enough times to know if we give Ken that sort of player, they'll get played more than they should. Don't tempt him.

2 is the way to go. Maybe 3 to help provide some leadership if nothing decent as an option 2. What I don't want is another Sutcliffe selection. We've seen this story enough times to know if we give Ken that sort of player, they'll get played more than they should. Don't tempt him.
What about a Marlion Pickett type? Wouldn't mind a Brodie Mihocek type ie a 24-25 year old plays CHB at VFL level who when forced to play as CHF at AFL level, gets the job done.

I like the idea of a 200cm+ KPD in our team
This one. Tall defender part time ruck?

Felix Flockart | Ruck/Tall Utility
05/11/2001 | 200cm/79kg

19-year-old prospect, but one who has not gained a massive amount of elite-level exposure. After impressing for Brighton Grammar in last year’s APS season, Flockhart was set to join Sandringham’s NAB League and VFL programs, hoping to continue his steep rate of development as a lean and versatile tall with great upside.

On T86 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm actually with Macca on this one, I reckon Riley Knight has AFL quality and was obviously poorly developed and/or managed at the Crows. Could do a lot worse.
I actually feel the same.

At the very least he would bolster our Maggies midfield and be useful depth, especially without Rocky.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe we might also increase the number of picks, if we have players with long injuries. Will all our injured players be back soon enough? Could there be one or more able to be sideline so we increase our picks? Would be worthy having extra picks?

I'm actually with Macca on this one, I reckon Riley Knight has AFL quality and was obviously poorly developed and/or managed at the Crows. Could do a lot worse.
We seem insistent on using experience players as the injury sub. With Rocky out for a chunk of the year Knight could help fill that role. He’d be a lot more impactful than Sam Mayes over a 20-40 minute burst.

Riley Knight looked a good player at Adelaide at one point then dropped away massively that's how it appeared to me, it depends what you want out of a mid-season draft I guess. He's probably better than Mayes potentially as plug 'n play depth not that it's a high bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We go long on the type we like. List as it is 2-3 years to develop is time we have. A good kid athletic ablitiy and a few traits we like. Our next long term key defender?

I believe we might also increase the number of picks, if we have players with long injuries. Will all our injured players be back soon enough? Could there be one or more able to be sideline so we increase our picks? Would be worthy having extra picks?
Pisini is out for a long time maybe he could go on the long term injury list?
I wanted goldsack on it he could of still coached but looks like he may play this wk.

We go long on the type we like. List as it is 2-3 years to develop is time we have. A good kid athletic ablitiy and a few traits we like. Our next long term key defender?
Riley Grundy was supposed to be this player but turned out to be a spud who couldn't get a kick in a street fight. Port looking for a key defender who can actually make a contest and some possessions.

How's the big guy from Sturt been going Fahey-sparks I think his name was?

AFL CLUBS will be closely monitoring the U23 Colgate Young Guns Game on Saturday, May 8, from 2.30pm AEST.

The game, which will be LIVE streamed on the AFL Live Offical App and AFL.com.au, is set to feature some of the most exciting young talent in the country.

AFL scouts have handpicked the players as they look to bolster their lists in the mid-season rookie draft. The match will serve as a crucial hitout for these players ahead of that draft which will be held at the start of June.

Personally the only real option we should be looking at is 2. We are in a Window and have a free swing at potentially extending that with a quality kid to replace Jonas, Dixon, Boak, Gray, Hartlett, McKenzie, Lycett within the next 5 years. Adding some State Leauge trier isn’t going to give us anything more than Woodcock and Mayes/Garner/Lienart is already.

Personally the only real option we should be looking at is 2. We are in a Window and have a free swing at potentially extending that with a quality kid to replace Jonas, Dixon, Boak, Gray, Hartlett, McKenzie, Lycett within the next 5 years. Adding some State Leauge trier isn’t going to give us anything more than Woodcock and Mayes/Garner/Lienart is already.
So why did Richmond go for a 27 year old Marlion Pickett? They were in the window. Was it just serendipity that he debuted in a GF?

Should be noted that none of the 19yo’s picked in the last mid season draft made it. The only players that have looked quality were older experienced guys like Pickett, Snelling and Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back