List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think players nominate under either 6month terms, 18 month terms or both. I’m sure I read somewhere last week that the majority had taken the 6 month option and Riley Knight going for 18 months only was an outlier.

A lot of the players taken in the first mid season draft complained that they were cut after the same year but could have earned a 2 year contract by holding out until the national draft. It probably means for Knight that he knows multiple clubs are interested and he will be getting selected.
Yep. Mostly 6 month option with only Knight and that guy the Hawks were after opting for 18 is what I had read.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

COLLINGWOOD'S choice at pick No.3 looks set to shape Wednesday's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, with the Pies weighing up several key options for the selection.

With North Melbourne set to take Sandringham tall Jacob Edwards at No.1, Oakleigh ruckman Ned Moyle is in the box seat to head to Hawthorn with the next selection.

The Hawks interviewed Moyle again on Monday and clubs believe they are poised to grab the 205cm ruckman, unless they change tack and go with Box Hill midfielder Jai Newcombe with their first selection in the belief that Adelaide or Sydney could snap him up before the Hawks' second pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL industry trying to pump it up as you could draft another Marlion Pickett type.

How many 27 year olds who spent 3 or 4 years in jail are out there dominating their local state leagues as theyy know they are on their last chance to do something with their talent?

If Jack Graham didnt pick up an injury in the PF, Pickett's profile would be about 5% of what it is today.

Sure he played well on a big stage but when your star players belt the opposition by 89 pts its easy to play well in your role.

Finding a John Noble or Will Snelling good honest foorballer type to play 30+ games are still the exception than the rule based on 2019 mid season draft results and those couple of pre season supplementary drafts so far.

Last edited:
Port Adelaide
Likely number of picks: 1

Greatest list need: Young key defender

Who should they pick: With Port Adelaide lacking any key defenders under the age of 25, there is room for one if the right player presents. Impressing with his development so far this season in the VFL, 19-year-old key position player Charlie Dean has looked settled in defence for Williamstown, intercepting, limiting the influence of his direct opponent and using the ball reliably.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...y-afl-club-needs-do-2021-mid-season-afl-draft

Dean is listed at 195cm and 86kg

https://www.williamstownfc.com.au/charlie-dean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back