List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring him home..

Its time

Deserves a chance
He is now 29, and would be 30 by the time next season starts. I don't know whether that's going to help us much really. I've never known what the story was/is with him, but I assume it must be an off-field thing that has caused clubs to ignore him despite his excellent performances in WA football.

There's no way we'll pick up a ruckmen with Grundy Cox Cameron Lynch on the list.
If a good enough kid is available why wouldn’t we? Cox probably only has a couple more years, Brodes is 25 (26?), & they don’t seem to want to play Max (Best on with Rantall in VFL win). It generally takes a few seasons to bring a ruckman up to snuff, and the good ones are few & far between. If there’s a top prospect available I’d hope we’d snaffle him.
But then this is us after all... You’re probably right...

Don't laugh...but I would look at Corey gault...28 and ripping it by all reports ...

There was another ex Collingwood player never played a game but racks up heaps of possessions in the WAFL gets spoken about every draft.. Knightmare help me out please...you speak about him regularly

Corey Gault is playing good footy and has for a number of years now. He'd be suitable as a stop-gap for Gold Coast.

Jye Bolton is the ex Pie. He has been the best player outside the AFL for years now. Still starring. How West Coast can have midfield injuries/holes and not pick Bolton up is beyond me. He's a walkup start for just about any best-22 in the competition. Even if it means you need him rotating hf/wing/mid, he's just that good.

Collingwood are or at least should be in retooling mode, so I'd expect more of a youth approach through the mid-season draft than for someone who is nearly 30. But for a team looking to win a flag this year and wanting another good midfielder, Bolton would be an ideal get.

Key forward or nobody.
I don’t understand this at all.

we have many needs on our list, but quality ball users and speed through the middle is the priority. No forward will survive with our midfield performing as it does.

Best available should be the approach.

I don’t understand this at all.

we have many needs on our list, but quality ball users and speed through the middle is the priority. No forward will survive with our midfield performing as it does.

Best available should be the approach.
Total agreement, with modern football's zones and defensive pressure a forward lives or dies on upfield deliveries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Buckley thinks we needed a small forward, he would’ve picked one up before the season started.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He picked up 2....?

Don't laugh...but I would look at Corey gault...28 and ripping it by all reports ...

There was another ex Collingwood player never played a game but racks up heaps of possessions in the WAFL gets spoken about every draft.. Knightmare help me out please...you speak about him regularly
Gault is ripping it up as a ruckman, not a forward. We have no use for him, regardless of how he’s performing.

Corey Gault is playing good footy and has for a number of years now. He'd be suitable as a stop-gap for Gold Coast.

Jye Bolton is the ex Pie. He has been the best player outside the AFL for years now. Still starring. How West Coast can have midfield injuries/holes and not pick Bolton up is beyond me. He's a walkup start for just about any best-22 in the competition. Even if it means you need him rotating hf/wing/mid, he's just that good.

Collingwood are or at least should be in retooling mode, so I'd expect more of a youth approach through the mid-season draft than for someone who is nearly 30. But for a team looking to win a flag this year and wanting another good midfielder, Bolton would be an ideal get.
Absolutely- if we use these 2 picks in mature list cloggers I will spew up

I agree was thinking gault could end up at gold coast

In a year where less draftees were taken than ever because of a lack of under 18s footy in Victoria, we need to pick two kids in this draft. There will be quite few who would have jumped into considerations last year but couldn't, and will this season. That's the profile of player we should be targeting. The midseason draft this year will be a big and unique opportunity to grab some genuine talent for little.

We have enough 'solid, can do a job' style plodders to be looking at list fillers in this draft.

Corey Gault? Yuck. Was on our list for about 45 years and never showed a single thing. Every club had a good look at him for a long time while he was at the Pies. I would be very surprised if he's selected.

Genuine question as someone who’s never been a super draft watcher.

What’s the hype and want about Callow? Couldn’t 18 clubs have signed him for nothing last year after 18 clubs decided not to draft him?

Now he’s got 3 goals in 3 games, doesn’t exactly scream confidence to me.

One word. Knightmare. He starts hype trains like no other.

I can’t comment on whether he’s draft relevant only that if we’re interested it’d be as a KPD because shifting Moore forward has us well stocked for KPF’s!

We will probably pass on the mid-season draft this year, however I would look at the best 20 year old key forward in a state league somewhere and get him into the club and look to develop him.

We will probably pass on the mid-season draft this year, however I would look at the best 20 year old key forward in a state league somewhere and get him into the club and look to develop him.
I think there's no chance we'll pass. We'll have an early pick on someone who didn't get selected based on 2019 form, but has since developed physically and is showing enough to be on a list.

I think there's no chance we'll pass. We'll have an early pick on someone who didn't get selected based on 2019 form, but has since developed physically and is showing enough to be on a list.
I we don't 'shoot our wad' on this particular mid season then the club should wind up and fade away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back