List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shame we only have 2 picks.

Despite being frustrated by a few of them, I’d hate for a veteran depth player to suffer a serious season ending injury... but I would like the option of an extra pick at the mid season draft.

We are in a position where we need as many (under 24 year old) rookies as the list structure allows.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shame we only have 2 picks.

Despite being frustrated by a few of them, I’d hate for a veteran depth player to suffer a serious season ending injury... but I would like the option of an extra pick at the mid season draft.

We are in a position where we need as many (under 24 year old) rookies as the list structure allows.

MAybe youre being a bit greedy there. We really cant spare any more senior players missing.. they are needed if nothing else than to protect the young kids from playing too many games before their time

We got off to an absolute flyer at the 2020 draft in terms of youth rebuild with 8??? new players. Plus two more mid year .. thats a quarter of the list already. Plus Rantall Bianco and Ruscoe from the previous draft.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
MAybe youre being a bit greedy there. We really cant spare any more senior players missing.. they are needed if nothing else than to protect the young kids from playing too many games before their time

We got off to an absolute flyer at the 2020 draft in terms of youth rebuild with 8??? new players. Plus two more mid year .. thats a quarter of the list already. Plus Rantall Bianco and Ruscoe from the previous draft.

I’d agree if those were all guaranteed 100 game players. But possibly most of those 2019 & 2020 draft players... plus the Cat B rookies we have recruited... most probably won’t play 50-100 games.

The more of them that do the better. I’d still be wanting to bring in a lot more talent in the next 18 months... at the expense of veterans like Mayne, Greenwood, Thomas and others like C Brown, Sier, Cox who just don’t cut it for us long term

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’d agree if those were all guaranteed 100 game players. But possibly most of those 2019 & 2020 draft players... plus the Cat B rookies we have recruited... most probably won’t play 50-100 games.

The more of them that do the better. I’d still be wanting to bring in a lot more talent in the next 18 months... at the expense of veterans like Mayne, Greenwood, Thomas and others like C Brown, Sier, Cox who just don’t cut it for us long term

I forgot Daicos and Dib from next years draft too!

Agree completely that the best way to get success at the draft is by weight of numbers and hoping we have a good strike rate. Which as I stated... we got ahead of the game of already in the 2020 draft. Not sure a third rookie draft in the mid season draft will tip the scales one way or the other... but hoping for injuries is pretty poor form.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I forgot Daicos and Dib from next years draft too!

Agree completely that the best way to get success at the draft is by weight of numbers and hoping we have a good strike rate. Which as I stated... we got ahead of the game of already in the 2020 draft. Not sure a third rookie draft in the mid season draft will tip the scales one way or the other... but hoping for injuries is pretty poor form.

In my post I clearly wasn’t hoping for injuries. Hoping for a further pick at the mid season draft. No need to put words in other peoples mouths

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
In my post I clearly wasn’t hoping for injuries. Hoping for a further pick at the mid season draft. No need to put words in other peoples mouths

A further pickup at the midseason draft by definition requires injuries. You cant hope for one without hoping for the other, no matter what disclaimer you might attempt.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pot

😂

Pot, kettle.

And people should also be able to post without your accusations

Not at all. You clearly said you hoped for a third draft pick in the midseason draft. Theres only one possible way that can happen. Sorry if you feel offended that I pointed that out to you.

Which has got nothing to do with the simple question I courteously asked Apex because I had forgotten the exact rules.

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Honestly this mid season draft will be our most important draft in the next few years. Our national draft position in the next couple of years is horrible so having a very early opportunity mid season is vital. KPF is number 1 for me, we’ll get Daicos and hopefully Dib at the national and we went all out for mids last year. No chance of getting a tall with our lack of picks so this is it mid season.

Honestly this mid season draft will be our most important draft in the next few years. Our national draft position in the next couple of years is horrible so having a very early opportunity mid season is vital. KPF is number 1 for me, we’ll get Daicos and hopefully Dib at the national and we went all out for mids last year. No chance of getting a tall with our lack of picks so this is it mid season.

As getting Pick 1 won't be the Worse Thing that could Happen

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not saying he got caught with the footy, i'm saying he more often than most had pressure on his disposal when he was previously in space because he didn't get rid of it soon enough.

That’s as much to do with the work rate of team mates down field IMHO.

Just Jimmy

Debutant
Apr 26, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Next couple of years? What's our draft position in 2022?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Then you obviously didn’t ‘hear’ the claim in your previous post from anyone remotely credible. My tip is you’re making sh*t up to stir the pot as usual.
I know we are full to brim with the salary cap that’s why we were so desperate to get rid of good players for nothing or we would’ve been playing over.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
June 2nd: Inside Trading: Ex-Pie on Suns' radar for mid-season draft, the bunker is back (afl.com.au)
1619946233527.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back