List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems to me of all the guys we're linked to Johnson is the most likely to be available at a 2nd pick.

Johnson worries me as a selection because you'd expect greater production at 24yo so he'd want to be fully developed and AFL standard from the start.

Callow, Moyle likely gone by our 2nd pick, Stengle possibly.

I just reckon we're best off taking Callow 1st then our pick of Stengle or Johnson if they're still there.

Happy though we're chasing forwards. Any forwards pushing Thomas, Brown... Madgen erghbleehhh ahmm.... that's cool with me.

Well AFL and HS are sometime not the most Reliable but Jack Nial has had some Good Source for Collingwood News that has got Right,

Still a Few More days to Draft so see what else is Reported in next 2 Days
Things can definitely change quickly. They're prob still deciding

Callow has kicked 11 goals in 8 games in the SANFL and people here think he's going to change our forward line? Prepare yourselves for Stengle's name to get called out at pick 3, it isn't even close.
And we picked a kid at circa pick 30 in the ND who has kicked 1 goal in how many VFL games...
You also forgot to mention that he leads the sanfl in contested marks... at 18 years of age

Things can definitely change quickly. They're prob still deciding

That real Possibility as probably make Final Call Afternoon of Mid-season Draft but sound like Johnson is the one we are Favoring at the Moment

I haven't seen a huge amount of our potential draftees, but I'm all in on Callow for this.

With our list profile and salary cap issues, I highly doubt we can get an elite KPF via trade or FA. We don't have a first round selection in this year's draft because we're committed to taking two smalls and we need someone who will be firing while De Goey, Moore, etc are still performing for us, so the 2022 national draft seems an age away. This is particularly the case considering how long KP types can take to develop.

WC have Kennedy and Darling, but it didn't stop them from drafting Oscar Allen.
Geelong had the real deal in Hawkins, but broke the bank to get Cameron.
Ditto Richmond who had Riewoldt but sold the farm to get Lynch.
Brisbane had an elite developing KPF in Hipwood, but went and got Daniher.
Ditto WB who had Naughton coming through, but went and got Bruce.

We simply have to pick a KPF at some stage and make one, or we'll never have one. Even if we somehow manage to recruit a quality ready made player for the position, it probably still won't be enough because all the good teams have at least two.

If we don't get one now, then when? We can't afford to wait until the end of next year and our best chance of getting one at the end of this year is as a rookie.

3 times. Bianco, Rantall and then traded the pick to GWS that he was taken with...
Turned what could have been a really good draft in to a mediocre one.
I screamed at the screen so loud, the next door's dog started barking.

I haven't seen a huge amount of our potential draftees, but I'm all in on Callow for this.

With our list profile and salary cap issues, I highly doubt we can get an elite KPF via trade or FA. We don't have a first round selection in this year's draft because we're committed to taking two smalls and we need someone who will be firing while De Goey, Moore, etc are still performing for us, so the 2022 national draft seems an age away. This is particularly the case considering how long KP types can take to develop.

WC have Kennedy and Darling, but it didn't stop them from drafting Oscar Allen.
Geelong had the real deal in Hawkins, but broke the bank to get Cameron.
Ditto Richmond who had Riewoldt but sold the farm to get Lynch.
Brisbane had an elite developing KPF in Hipwood, but went and got Daniher.
Ditto WB who had Naughton coming through, but went and got Bruce.

We simply have to pick a KPF at some stage and make one, or we'll never have one. Even if we somehow manage to recruit a quality ready made player for the position, it probably still won't be enough because all the good teams have at least two.

If we don't get one now, then when? We can't afford to wait until the end of next year and our best chance of getting one at the end of this year is as a rookie.
The only alternative might be a player swap or picks to swap etcetera - not the right thread, I know, but could 22 and/or 38 going to a top-4 team get us an up-and-coming tall?

Given not long ago it was reported we were set to use pick 3 on Stengle, I dont think anyone could know which pick we'll use on which player.

We have to cross our fingers and hope they get the selections right.

Pray they select Callow first.

Johnston didn't even play on the weekend. Not injured.
yes injured, he rolled his ankle 2 weeks ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't get Jackson Callow in this draft I will give up on this club. Couldn't ask for a better player to fit our circumstance, and it's basically on a silver-platter for us.

Rumours has hine into Johnston and lions keen on Callow putting Rayner on lti to get him.

Sigh. Club love repeating same mistakes.

Wisby reckons Johnston has questions on his pace and intent, just what we need another soft slow tweener the ultimate Hine pick.

Ash Johnson would be a strange pick at number 3.

193cm but at only 85kg he is certainly not full forward material. And turning 24 in October so not far off the final product

Just seems like an older version of McMahon

Seriously if we are going to go an undersized/underweight key forward we may as well go Liam McBean.

Callow is the obvious choice... so obviously as usual the club will do something else.

Jack is one of the very few journalists I have any respect for but like anything to do with sports it's an art and not a science in predicting exact selections.

Callow is the biggest list need but will take a couple of years to come on.

Stengle is - if you ignore his off field dramas - an indigenous crumbing forward with x factor and a tackling/pressure machine.

Johnson is an indigenous mobile tweener forward who may be able to come into the team from the get go.

Importantly Wrighty's influence is felt right away with the club interviewing forwards and seeking indigenous talent.

I am hoping the club snaps up Callow with their first and then goes for Johnson / Stengle with pick 2.

Those of you annoyed with the club for seeking out other tallish forwards please consider, Johnson is indigenous and an x factor forward - therefore they are seeking to implement in a couple of areas of concern.

Fingers crossed for Callow 1st.

Jack is one of the very few journalists I have any respect for but like anything to do with sports it's an art and not a science in predicting exact selections.

Callow is the biggest list need but will take a couple of years to come on.

Stengle is - if you ignore his off field dramas - an indigenous crumbing forward with x factor and a tackling/pressure machine.

Johnson is an indigenous mobile tweener forward who may be able to come into the team from the get go.

Importantly Wrighty's influence is felt right away with the club interviewing forwards and seeking indigenous talent.

I am hoping the club snaps up Callow with their first and then goes for Johnson / Stengle with pick 2.

Those of you annoyed with the club for seeking out other tallish forwards please consider, Johnson is indigenous and an x factor forward - therefore they are seeking to implement in a couple of areas of concern.

Fingers crossed for Callow 1st.
Don’t think anyone has issues getting Johnson, it’s just if we don’t take Callow first round, he won’t be there second. And we will miss yet another opportunity to get a potential KPF, when that’s all we’ve talked about, even wright

Don’t think anyone has issues getting Johnson, it’s just if we don’t take Callow first round, he won’t be there second. And we will miss yet another opportunity to get a potential KPF.
I agree Callow should be 1st selection either Johnson or Stengle very viable second selections.

Will be interested to see if Greenwood is sacrificed for a third.

I agree Callow should be 1st selection either Johnson or Stengle very viable second selections.

Will be interested to see if Greenwood is sacrificed for a third.

Greenwood or Howe or Reef or Tyler............

I see Essendon and Brisbane have also opened up list spots so clearly all teams are identifying talent at the last minute.

Should we go for threee? Why not!

Ash Johnson would be a strange pick at number 3.

193cm but at only 85kg he is certainly not full forward material. And turning 24 in October so not far off the final product

Just seems like an older version of McMahon
McMahon is 197cm a good size for a key position player either back or forward he just needs to fill out,I think he is a very good prospect and will be a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back