List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters

SammaGilberto

Premiership Player
May 2, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
No idea if OMac counts as LTI yet, but Cunners and Marchy obvs are, one project, one ready to go player please.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Another 40+ possession game by Freeman. Can't wait to wait another team take him while we get a skinny kid who won't be ready to play afl for two years...
Watch him go to a club, and then watch ping his hamstring again 2 games in. Everyone knows his talent, but they also know the amount of scarring he has leaves him as a timebomb. A little can help you, but he's at the point where injury aggrevation is a daily reality.

Go watch him in the VFL before declaring him a must have: currently playing like a crab who can't kick 40m. Smart, hard working player, but his body just refuses to let him do that at AFL level.

Markyd

Team Captain
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
🤞🤞 Another tall to help our defence, that kicks like a mule, runs like the wind and marks everything.

reubsblues

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Tyson Stengle is to good of player to be playing under AFL level i wouldn't be against taking him and putting him under Eddie's guidance and under strict conditions
Also who is this Alex Mirkov fella any stats pr highlights of him anywhere

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Doesn't OMac have to be inactive for the whole year?
Correct = inactive vs LTI.
Unless the rules have changed since the 2020 mid-season draft season, this isn't correct: he simply remains inactive until someone else becomes inactive or has a season-ending injury.

Assuming Cuningham is out for the season, between him, OMac and McGovern, we can take 4 picks if we really want, we're just chancing our arm on our injury luck with the last 2 picks, and it pushes out the minimum return time for OMac and McGovern to 8 weeks if they weren't currently inactive.

Hell, we might still be able to use picks for Charlie and Kemp, but we really shouldn't.

There's a lot of play out in this mid-season draft, and I would genuinely consider a 3rd pick in that scenario.

Last edited:

teagueyubeauty

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Somewhere there
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool, Yankees
Yep..
He still shows as 8-10 weeks,
Just get someone that can contribute to AFL or VFL team now...

By the time that his back it will be finals anyway and think he will get moved on at end of the year anyway..

This bloke could be a steal

With those body stats he should be looking at riding in the Melbourne Cup as a top weight jockey

Gimme a ruckman and now we have an extra spot I would be very interested in Crocker

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Unless the rules have changed since the 2020 mid-season draft season, this isn't correct: he simply remains inactive until someone else becomes inactive or has a season-ending injury.

Assuming Cuningham is out for the season, between him, OMac and McGovern, we can take 4 picks if we really want, we're just chancing our arm on our injury luck with the last 2 picks, and it pushes out the minimum return time for OMac and McGovern to 8 weeks if they weren't currently inactive.

Hell, we might still be able to use picks for Charlie and Kemp, but we really shouldn't.

There's a lot of play out in this mid-season draft, and I would genuinely consider a 3rd pick in that scenario.
Two makes sense, but no third. When the injured players return we have to create list space. Like the rumour of Markov at 210cm and effective tap ruckman. Good one to develop. With our dearth of big men, I would be inclined to take another ruck/forward with the second pick. Levi almost certain to be gone with his chronic knee. Our twos are undersized as well, having to play Williamson as a KPD is ridiculous, the bloke should be developed on a wing, trialled forward or simply consolidate his defensive work at the lower level.

I would like a KPP, but I am yet to be convinced there are any great prospects available in the MSD. The other possibility is to take Charlie McKay, but I would hope he doesn’t nominate until next year’s National Draft.

By grabbing two young rucks, it will free us up to fill up on key position players at the draft while hopefully attracting a free agent midfielder. (I am hoping we can miraculously get Ben McKay via trade, and would happily give up our first pick for him and a second back. Jones does some good things, but young Ben way more disciplined to build a structure around)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
But I would be happy with this kid if we had 2 picks, one being a spine player

Jack Avery – Perth Demons Colts
19 years old – 190cm – 83kg

Avery has been the dominant WAFL Colts player this season as a tall, contested midfielder. He is averaging 34 disposals per game, which included a 41 disposal, 14 mark game against East Fremantle. The next task for Avery is to hit the scoreboard when he floats forward, but his ability in the air has been impressive as he averages over eight marks per game. Clubs looking for a contested bull for the future will be heavily invested in the Cottesloe product.

Burgers45

Witnessed 8 flags
Apr 1, 2011
Mornington Peninsula, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
But I would be happy with this kid if we had 2 picks, one being a spine player

Jack Avery – Perth Demons Colts
19 years old – 190cm – 83kg

Avery has been the dominant WAFL Colts player this season as a tall, contested midfielder. He is averaging 34 disposals per game, which included a 41 disposal, 14 mark game against East Fremantle. The next task for Avery is to hit the scoreboard when he floats forward, but his ability in the air has been impressive as he averages over eight marks per game. Clubs looking for a contested bull for the future will be heavily invested in the Cottesloe product.
This 19yo guy looks perfect as a project player, kpp averaging 8 marks a game, plus high possession player as well.👍

Back