List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

In the 2021 MSD, Carlton should select...

• Charlie McKay (F/S)

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dominic Akuei (NGA)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Best available mature age player

Votes: 49 40.8%
  • Best available U19 (overlooked in last year's draft)

Votes: 41 34.2%
  • Other - Specify

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
The ones being talked of as the best prospects are not on that list Aph. Edwards, Heath, Moyle, Kalin Lane, our own rumour Markov, McKay not on list.
If the club have given McKay any assurances in relation to the National/Rookie Drafts, he most likely won't be nominating for the Mid-Season draft.

sweethoney

5 time premiership player
Aug 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
While Stengle is free to find a new AFL home next month, some clubs are keen to see how he performs over the length of a full season.

Should he be recruited to move to Melbourne, Stengle would likely link up with former Crows teammate and Carlton veteran Eddie Betts who remains a close mentor. Betts and Stengle also shared time together late last year.

I’m pretty sure Betts and Stengle are related

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Unless the rules have changed since the 2020 mid-season draft season, this isn't correct: he simply remains inactive until someone else becomes inactive or has a season-ending injury.

Assuming Cuningham is out for the season, between him, OMac and McGovern, we can take 4 picks if we really want, we're just chancing our arm on our injury luck with the last 2 picks, and it pushes out the minimum return time for OMac and McGovern to 8 weeks if they weren't currently inactive.

Hell, we might still be able to use picks for Charlie and Kemp, but we really shouldn't.

There's a lot of play out in this mid-season draft, and I would genuinely consider a 3rd pick in that scenario.

All I can refer to is those as Inactive (season ending injury), retired or a list spot remained from the rookie draft for a club to be involved in MSD, if they wish to participate.

LTI is the ruling that allows a Cat B to play in their position, so Owies at the moment. Think this was reduced from 8 weeks to 6 weeks last season.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Is Avery playing mid or intercept defender Arr0w? I'm seeing different reports from yours.

Two makes sense, but no third. When the injured players return we have to create list space. Like the rumour of Markov at 210cm and effective tap ruckman. Good one to develop. With our dearth of big men, I would be inclined to take another ruck/forward with the second pick. Levi almost certain to be gone with his chronic knee. Our twos are undersized as well, having to play Williamson as a KPD is ridiculous, the bloke should be developed on a wing, trialled forward or simply consolidate his defensive work at the lower level.

I would like a KPP, but I am yet to be convinced there are any great prospects available in the MSD. The other possibility is to take Charlie McKay, but I would hope he doesn’t nominate until next year’s National Draft.

By grabbing two young rucks, it will free us up to fill up on key position players at the draft while hopefully attracting a free agent midfielder. (I am hoping we can miraculously get Ben McKay via trade, and would happily give up our first pick for him and a second back. Jones does some good things, but young Ben way more disciplined to build a structure around)
If we can create space for a third, I would honestly take the risk. Looks like there's a chance to get a developing ruck and some really talented role players.

The Return of the Paf

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Two makes sense, but no third. When the injured players return we have to create list space. Like the rumour of Markov at 210cm and effective tap ruckman. Good one to develop. With our dearth of big men, I would be inclined to take another ruck/forward with the second pick. Levi almost certain to be gone with his chronic knee. Our twos are undersized as well, having to play Williamson as a KPD is ridiculous, the bloke should be developed on a wing, trialled forward or simply consolidate his defensive work at the lower level.

I would like a KPP, but I am yet to be convinced there are any great prospects available in the MSD. The other possibility is to take Charlie McKay, but I would hope he doesn’t nominate until next year’s National Draft.

By grabbing two young rucks, it will free us up to fill up on key position players at the draft while hopefully attracting a free agent midfielder. (I am hoping we can miraculously get Ben McKay via trade, and would happily give up our first pick for him and a second back. Jones does some good things, but young Ben way more disciplined to build a structure around)
It's not a deep draft, I'm inclined to think, and our first pick sits at 5 at the moment. I'm all for attempting a trade for him but there should be other ways to go about it.

Back