Draft Review 2021 - Mid-Season Draft

Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nearly 12 months on, I would be interested to see how we would re-rank this crop?

1652249404301.png

1652249428940.png

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Parnell is looking very good in our SANFL side. A lot on our board scratching our heads as to why he hasn’t debuted at aFL level.
looked pretty good on the weekend I thought.

Im happy with what we've got out of Peatling.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Ash Johnson unlucky to have injured his hamstring the week after a BOG effort in the VFL. He returns to reserves this week and hopefully will get a crack before the end of the season

Begg got a crack after Grundy went down and although overwhelmed in the ruck, appeared to have good skills and showed he’s worth persisting with. Hoping he’s developed into a defender at 197cm who can pinch hit in the ruck.

Winner - Newcombe, 4 year contract after not even being worthy of a rookie spot 6 months ago.

Loser - Hawks draft and list management team.
Yikes.

I still don't rate him that high, no hurt factor in his disposals. Don't think Titch would be upset about being pushed out of the side for him either.
Do you watch footy at all mate?

Caligo

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2023
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Winners:

Carlton - could not believe Mirkov and Boyd fell to picks 6 and 20, I had them at 1 & 2 on my Mid-Season Phantom Draft

Losers

Hawthorn - lost it when they took Newcombe at Pick 2

Over to you Bigfooty
This is the best post I have ever seen on BF. Kudos.

Clearly not Newcombe though. You have him confused as an in and under mid. He isn't, his strengths are his burst from stoppages and long penetrating kick.

He has more hurt factor than Tom Green. Big statement, yes, but true.

How many times will this thread be revived with a Hawk fan correcting someone's pre-draft call on Newcombe.
Let it go. You got a good mid from a supplemental draft, most clubs can't even get an AFL standard player so take the big win and be happy.

Caligo

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2023
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How many times will this thread be revived with a Hawk fan correcting someone's pre-draft call on Newcombe.
Let it go. You got a good mid from a supplemental draft, most clubs can't even get an AFL standard player so take the big win and be happy.
I guess people still calling him vanilla or average keeps it going.

Back