Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say early career LDU looked average ......but this is impressive, amazing what self belief and confidence can do

From all the footage of Norths match sims I've seen so far LDU looks a class above. I know he's only playing against North but he looks every bit an elite beast. Size, skill and moves well. I'm starting to come around. If he can rack up big possies numbers in the practice games he has to be considered.

I think he's gonna be a decent player but let's be real that's hardly impressive highlight right there.
We hang onto any little morsel of potential greatness here :p

Catching up on the comments here.
RE:Rowell- will be a gun. But he got injured before we could really gage his potential across a whole season.

His 4 and a bit games were super but not a big enough sample size for me to see him play different teams at different locations and face different tactics etc.

Wait and see, but very happy to be proven wrong as he is an incredible talent and person. Feel I can get cheaper players than him that will average the same.

RE:Rowell- will be a gun. But he got injured before we could really gage his potential across a whole season.

His 4 and a bit games were super but not a big enough sample size for me to see him play different teams at different locations and face different tactics etc.

Wait and see, but very happy to be proven wrong as he is an incredible talent and person. Feel I can get cheaper players than him that will average the same.

I'm on the fence with him. I'm not that confident he's a must have but with 50% ownership or whatever it is. Might be a case of follow the crowd just in case...

I'm on the fence with him. I'm not that confident he's a must have but with 50% ownership or whatever it is. Might be a case of follow the crowd just in case...

There’s always 1-2 players with high ownership you need to buck the trend on to try and get ahead of the pack.

He is one I’m willing to risk at the moment.

I did the same with Heeney last couple of season and thankfully got it right.

Last edited:

This is his main issue. If he fades and your holding n M8 averaging 90 in the last 12, you're screwed.

There’s always 1-2 players with high ownership you need to buck the trend on to try and get ahead of the pack.

He is one I’m willing to risk at the moment.

I did the same with Heeney last couple of season and thankfully got it right.

For interest's sake, who are you taking him on with? E.g. There's a side above with no Rowell and Worpel who is 20k cheaper. I think it will be very interesting to track their averages and compare as the season unfolds. I guess I am taking on Simpkin with Rowell, who I just simply can't imagine not owning this year

Anyone else getting cold feet re Petracca, at least to start the season, considering the Dees won't have a forward target to start the season & Tracc might have to play F50 till the help arrives?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else getting cold feet re Petracca, at least to start the season, considering the Dees won't have a forward target to start the season & Tracc might have to play F50 till the help arrives?
Yes .....he was first picked, but have now gone for the true and trusted ....but I believe Petracca will be one of my first upgrades ....he's just not in the top 2 SP's YET !

I have Rowell in my current side, even though I've had much the same misgivings as you've mentioned, but with Whitfield and Marshall down I had to find alternative premium options and the way my team restructure settled, Rowell seemed to have enough potential upside to warrant a berth.

However, you then go on to completely torpedo your own argument by picking Ben Cunnington, who at his best probably just scrapes Rowell at his worst.

Cunnington is 430k, it’s not as if I’m outlaying close to 500k on him. One you’re picking as a keeper, the other is a stepping stone. Cunnington is a career 90+ guy, the last few seasons he’s shown he is capable of 100-105+. All I’m looking for is a hot start early which he can do (2019 averaged 114 until like round 14) and last year he started with a 185. He hopefully scores well, makes a quick fire 100-150k and I turn him into a fallen SP. Happy days.

Nope. Viney doubtful to start the year, Oliver tracking back from a shoulder. He’ll do what most of the good mids will do, aka Dusty Bont Danger Fyfe and rest forward and when he does he will be lethal. He’s their best clearance player already after one season, he’s too good to not have him hunting the footy. If his split is 70/30 I am totally fine with that. Rather him rest forward than sit on the pine.

For interest's sake, who are you taking him on with? E.g. There's a side above with no Rowell and Worpel who is 20k cheaper. I think it will be very interesting to track their averages and compare as the season unfolds. I guess I am taking on Simpkin with Rowell, who I just simply can't imagine not owning this year

Cunnington, I hope for 60k less Cunnington can average within 5 points of Rowell during the time he is in my team.

Cunnington is 430k, it’s not as if I’m outlaying close to 500k on him. One you’re picking as a keeper, the other is a stepping stone. Cunnington is a career 90+ guy, the last few seasons he’s shown he is capable of 100-105+. All I’m looking for is a hot start early which he can do (2019 averaged 114 until like round 14) and last year he started with a 185. He hopefully scores well, makes a quick fire 100-150k and I turn him into a fallen SP. Happy days.
Blokes like Cunnington aren't really stepping stones imo. To make any useful money he needs to average 100+, and if he does that you're not trading him out, you'll keep him at M8 all season. Everyone thinks they will jump off at the right time, but in reality you'll have half a dozen other players to trade by the time Cunnington is ready to trade. The only way it works is if he gets injured after increasing his price and you sideways him.

I think he's gonna be a decent player but let's be real that's hardly impressive highlight right there.

Inside mids’ highlights are usually pretty run of the mill - look at Jack Steele’s last year for example.

If he’s winning clearances, contested possessions and hitting mid-level targets that’s a tick. Just needs a 20% boost on his 2020 output to be a viable target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back