Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a different argument now.

Can you be successful without Rowell? Sure.

Are you dumb if you don't pay 495k for him? I think so.

I'm pretty sure he's the SC Messiah.

My argument was still that I think people have put way to high expectations on the kid.

The last part was just to point out how the "see how that goes" part was kinda dumb.

High possibility that he is the Messiah, might start picking him after he's chalked up 50 games or so.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
My argument was still that I think people have put way to high expectations on the kid.

The last part was just to point out how the "see how that goes" part was kinda dumb.

High possibility that he is the Messiah, might start picking him after he's chalked up 50 games or so.
So Seymour is Rowell in your final side ?

Understand your points, and quite valid ....the counter argument is he has 53% ownership (approx), so if he fails alot of Coaches will fail ....but if he is a clone of Piggy, you may lose out big time

Isn't this a classic negating pick ?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks

Understand your points, and quite valid ....the counter argument is he has 53% ownership (approx), so if he fails alot of Coaches will fail ....but if he is a clone of Piggy, you may lose out big time

Clone? Clone?

*s sake mate, he's gonna make Clayton Oliver look like Chayce Jones :moustache: 120+ average incoming

Agree with the rest of the post though

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Olipig cracked 150SC for the first time in his 32nd game. He didn't score a ton in his first season.

Rowell scored 171 in his second game.

I realistically think he goes 125+ this year and I strongly doubt you will be waiting another 44 games before you own him

He was when it opened, hasn't been on my side for about a month now.
I reckon he goes at about 95-105ppg.
If he does manage to surpass Oliver's second season what price would he rocket too? 600k?
If he does I cop the 100-150k price rise and make him a trade in target.
He probably would of put 10ppg on any alternative that I started.
150k and 70 points over the first 5-7 weeks doesn't seem like too much of a deficit.
I'd rather bet against him, 2nd year blues, being the most targeted, studied 20YO in the sports history, all that jazz.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
He was when it opened, hasn't been on my side for about a month now.
I reckon he goes at about 95-105ppg.
If he does manage to surpass Oliver's second season what price would he rocket too? 600k?
If he does I cop the 100-150k price rise and make him a trade in target.
He probably would of put 10ppg on any alternative that I started.
150k and 70 points over the first 5-7 weeks doesn't seem like too much of a deficit.
I'd rather bet against him, 2nd year blues, being the most targeted, studied 20YO in the sports history, all that jazz.

tenor.gif

You guys realise that in their preparation for facing Gold Coast this year, every club will going over game footage of Matt Rowell and figuring out how to stop him right?

He had the element of surprise last year, he won't this year. He'll get studied. He'll get tagged. He'll get blocked. He's still talented enough that he'll be good and probably outperform his starting price, but he's not averaging ****ing 120+ ppg.

Olipig cracked 150SC for the first time in his 32nd game. He didn't score a ton in his first season.

Rowell scored 171 in his second game.

I realistically think he goes 125+ this year and I strongly doubt you will be waiting another 44 games before you own him

How many players have managed a 125 average ever?
I just can't see it happening.
Good luck to ya, we can cheer him on together in the gameday threads in 2023.

I don't pick "keepers" who have played less than 50 AFL games, they need to be 50+ alreasy or are going to pass the 50 game mark during that season.

I've only broken that rule twice, last year with Ridley, a defender, and once when Bont was forward eligible. Don't think I'd ever break it for a pure mid. I'm going to stick to that, it has worked out very well for me so far.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
You guys realise that in their preparation for facing Gold Coast this year, every club will going over game footage of Matt Rowell and figuring out how to stop him right?

He had the element of surprise last year, he won't this year. He'll get studied. He'll get tagged. He'll get blocked. He's still talented enough that he'll be good and probably outperform his starting price, but he's not averaging ****ing 120+ ppg.

What an ingenious idea!

What the * were all those TAC Cup teams doing for two years?

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys

Good point, i haven't looked at it that way. I got him in at Mid 5 at the moment, but i'm also watching Tom Green.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I don't pick "keepers" who have played less than 50 AFL games, they need to be 50+ alreasy or are going to pass the 50 game mark during that season.

I've only broken that rule twice, last year with Ridley, a defender, and once when Bont was forward eligible. Don't think I'd ever break it for a pure mid. I'm going to stick to that, it has worked out very well for me so far.

I understand and respect all of your points, and your previous successes.

I wouldn't ordinarily entertain the idea of a second year player at all, much less a near 500k one.

When folks bought Rozee after his first two games last year I thought, "that will end badly" and so it came to pass.

But Rowell is a different animal.

Only injury will stop him racking up tons on the weekly IMO. Taggers won't do it. Most teams hardly even tag anyway, but apparently they are all going to start tagging against the Suns every week. Yeah righto.

As you say, good luck with it. By 2023, LTIs notwithstanding, he'll be boring because he'll be every single SC player's captain every single week.

In the meantime, all hail our Ranga Lord

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

Monkey gorilla (1).gif

What an ingenious idea!

What the fu** were all those TAC Cup teams doing for two years?

Tagging is banned in the TAC Cup.

If you're gonna act like a sarcastic smart arse, at least try to be right first :)

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton

Also keep in mind GC fc are not a 1 man team it’s like saying rest of the team is garbage. I also had doubts on Rowell but his in too many teams so I’d go down the safer path...

Currently have Taranto/Cunnington as M4/M5 but have 72k bank. Torn between upgrading either to Rowell or waiting to see for 2 rounds.

Bullish about Cunners for his fast starts to seasons and Taranto is entering his fifth season, fully fit, having already averaged 102 in 2019 over 23 games.
Also may need cash to grab Pedlar if he is named.

Think I will see how Rowell goes for 2 rounds and upgrade if I still have the cash.

Is Rowell good enough to be in your team by years end, he's a no-brainer at his price now.
But if you think there's a good chance he will average less than 105 in the games after his bye, then you're probably right to pass on him.

Personally I doubt he will be under $500k this year once his price rises. He's only one of four players who have never left my team.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Rowell is a contested possession monster. All a tag is going to do is ensure all of the points he scores are those sweeter contested possy points :thumbsu:
Although I do agree in regards to Rowell 105+ ave, do you know how they judge a cp? You dont get them because you have somebody close to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back