Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His D/E had progressively got worse since his rookie year (81%, 75%, 71%, 68%). He's not a huge accumulator (last weeks game withstanding) doesn't mark (3.3 career ave) or tackle enough (3.1 career ave) and is not a noted goal kicking mid (0.2 ave)

D/E got worse because he went from a HBF to an inside midfielder. I said this in another post but he used to snap it out of clearances way too often - he didn't do that once against Hawthorn. If he got rid of that habit its a big jump in price. As for the tackles and goal kicking, he did kick a goal last week (could've been 2) and had 11 tackles. Caldwell is playing the inside mid role McGrath was playing, and McGrath has moved to a more flexible/outside one.

I'm not one for talking people out of mistakes for the most part but Andy McGrath is receiving a lot of love off one game. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an ok DT/AF player, but for a mostly outside mid (6.7 CP career average) his D/E is sub par. His D/E had progressively got worse since his rookie year (81%, 75%, 71%, 68%). He's not a huge accumulator (last weeks game withstanding) doesn't mark (3.3 career ave) or tackle enough (3.1 career ave) and is not a noted goal kicking mid (0.2 ave) His ceiling in SC has historically been low (last weeks game withstanding) I realise players often breakout around this time (5th year) but are we sure that he has moved up to another level?

Did you watch the game mate?

I have decided that a speculative midpriced defender was a bad move so I am going to summarily ditch his ass and move Clark to the backs in the process.

This leaves me in the market for not one but two kents priced around Rowell in the mids.

I like McGrath and Smith but their bye round is spew for me as I already own Bont, Zerrett, Cripps and Walsh.

I have settled on Cerra. Can't afford Brayshaw as well unfortunately.

I am seriously thinking about Sloane. Looked to have wound back the clock a bit. Team might be resurgent. Shouldn't cop a tag ever again.

Whattya youse kents think about it?
LDU

I'm not one for talking people out of mistakes for the most part but Andy McGrath is receiving a lot of love off one game. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an ok DT/AF player, but for a mostly outside mid (6.7 CP career average) his D/E is sub par. His D/E had progressively got worse since his rookie year (81%, 75%, 71%, 68%). He's not a huge accumulator (last weeks game withstanding) doesn't mark (3.3 career ave) or tackle enough (3.1 career ave) and is not a noted goal kicking mid (0.2 ave) His ceiling in SC has historically been low (last weeks game withstanding) I realise players often breakout around this time (5th year) but are we sure that he has moved up to another level?

Did you watch the game? This is his 4th season, his first 2 years were spent basically as a defender moved more into the midfield last year and showed great signs, now playing pretty much a pure mid this year, he is going to break out hard. Looked absolutely amazing on the weekend

I was going to grab him for Rowell, but went with B.Smith instead due to $$, both share same bye for me but im already looking ok for round 13, plus it's stupid to consider it right now unless you aren't making any more trades until round 13. By then your team will be completely different, to look over 1 player now due to a bye is ridiculous IMO.

Did you watch the game? This is his 4th season, his first 2 years were spent basically as a defender moved more into the midfield last year and showed great signs, now playing pretty much a pure mid this year, he is going to break out hard. Looked absolutely amazing on the weekend

I was going to grab him for Rowell, but went with B.Smith instead due to $$, both share same bye for me but im already looking ok for round 13, plus it's stupid to consider it right now unless you aren't making any more trades until round 13. By then your team will be completely different, to look over 1 player now due to a bye is ridiculous IMO.

It's his 5th season.

I was watching for Zerrett and it kept being McGrath getting to the right spot and pissing off with the footy.

This kent will break the fluck out

Who is a better combo to bring in?

Dusty + Walsh
vs
Titch + McGrath
Dusty walsh

dusty top 3 forward and as I said after Thursday’s game walsh looks seriously good. New style suits his game. Even with a tag hes that good of a runner he’ll break them down. Much easier to tag Cripps in tight imo like we did in the second half

As I said pre round 1 titch is one of 3 mids who can go 125+ imo (neale/Macrae) but I like walsh/dusty over McGrath. So for the double Combo I think they’re a better duo

Dusty walsh

dusty top 3 forward and as I said after Thursday’s game walsh looks seriously good. New style suits his game. Even with a tag hes that good of a runner he’ll break them down. Much easier to tag Cripps in tight imo like we did in the second half

As I said pre round 1 titch is one of 3 mids who can go 125+ imo (neale/Macrae) but I like walsh/dusty over McGrath. So for the double Combo I think they’re a better duo

Why did you choose the more expensive Bont & Merrett over Titch then?

Why did you choose the more expensive Bont & Merrett over Titch then?

2 reasons
Hate starting guys without seeing them in the pre season. Thought he’d start a tad slow 105-110ish til the byes

Convinced bont/Merrett will be top 6-8 mids and will play 22 and pretty happy with the mix. If I started titch It would’ve been for danger (m4). He was in and out when I saw him named but went the so called sure thing top forward 🙃

My grand plan was to target him in round 12 after the round 11 bye but watching the replay he looked in pig mode and think he gets back to being 1/2 for the year in the mids. Pretty easy trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have decided that a speculative midpriced defender was a bad move so I am going to summarily ditch his ass and move Clark to the backs in the process.

This leaves me in the market for not one but two kents priced around Rowell in the mids.

I like McGrath and Smith but their bye round is spew for me as I already own Bont, Zerrett, Cripps and Walsh.

I am seriously thinking about Sloane. Looked to have wound back the clock a bit. Team might be resurgent. Shouldn't cop a tag ever again.

I'd go one premo and one rookie rather than two iffy midpricers

About 2.5% before, fair jump considering its using a real trade now.
Titch sadly up to 8% ownership now, thanks danger
And it’s only going to get higher. Spewing! Was such a great pod choice. There will be a few jumping on my other pod as well (Brayshaw). Oh well, at least it costs them early trades!

Just my opinion from the peanut gallery (whatever that is) but I reckon Sloane isn't worth it. Cerra is a gun. I'd go for the young up and comer over the old (cooked) bloke. Just my opinion of course, not laughing while offering it either :moustache:

With who else? Can afford LDU or Taranto if I go with Brayshaw. $1,013,000 to spend on 2

I am worried about Brayshaw's low ToG% games last season. Every time it was under 70% he scored like crap

Looks like the safest bet to me right now

LDU did most of his scoring in the first quarter yesterday. Only 20 touches is a slight concern. Maybe doesn't have the tank yet?

Good point mate, players that can run all day will have great seasons.

I just checked and he averaged 100 last season if you remove the injury effected score. Very good player

True that! History doesn't lie. Taranto is probably the safest cheaper option, just need to decide between Walsh/Brayshaw and McGrath, all making great cases
20 touches will get LDU a tonne every week.
hes that sort of player. KOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back