Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Such an even upcoming Season for Mids .....what impact does Treloar have on our SP Macrae? ......does a 2nd year player in Rowell, with a shoulder reco, continue his 6 game streak ....or does he do what most 2nd year players do & struggle

Does Brad Crouch impact Steele's scoring

New Season, time to post thoughts

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Such an even upcoming Season for Mids .....what impact does Treloar have on our SP Macrae? ......does a 2nd year player in Rowell, with a shoulder reco, continue his 6 game streak ....or does he do what most 2nd year players do & struggle

Brad Crouch and Sloane both very interesting, dirt cheap compared to past scoring history.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

The only 600k+ SP mid I'm considering this year is Titch. Too much value on that line to ignore.

I will start by saying that Patrick Cripps is one of my favourite players and is a genuine gun. But the rest of the team is weak as piss and will not help out their captain when he has 4 opposition players hanging off him. When some of his team mates who look like tarzan but play like Jane grow a set and get their hands dirty then I will pick Patrick because he is a dead set star but until then he is a No for me.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
The only 600k+ SP mid I'm considering this year is Titch. Too much value on that line to ignore.
First season where I haven't gone guns & rookies in the midfield .....I've still got Oliver in a spot but he may change to Macrae after PS games .....so Mitch & Oliver, then value picks :thumbsu:

Fear a lot of people are gonna get sucked into the value and take too big a risk. Rowells only played a few games, Yeos pubes might hurt again, TT might stay trapped in mediocrity. Heppell and Sloane might be cooked. 3 super premos for me, most likely Oliver, Tracc, Titch and 1 or 2 of the value picks.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
He looks the best bet, I'm thinking one of Oliver and Petracca in addition to Titch, then value M3-6.

I think Oliver is maxxed out, whereas Petracca might have a bit more to improve. Might depend on funds.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Fear a lot of people are gonna get sucked into the value and take too big a risk. Rowells only played a few games, Yeos pubes might hurt again, TT might stay trapped in mediocrity. Heppell and Sloane might be cooked. 3 super premos for me, most likely Oliver, Tracc, Titch and 1 or 2 of the value picks.

You should definitely not pick him, not at all.

You should definitely not pick him, not at all.

He's the one that I'm most likely to pick he's an absolute gun, but my point is that all the value picks have question marks and I don't think you can pick a midfield with only 1-2 SP's

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's the one that I'm most likely to pick he's an absolute gun, but my point is that all the value picks have question marks and I don't think you can pick a midfield with only 1-2 SP's

Really depends on what you consider an SP to be. If you're only counting a players most recent season average being 110+ if that's the criteria, then I've started with only 1-2 SP mids every year for the last 5 years.

Cripps for example had a down year for various reasons averaging only 97.5 he's still a SP in my view though. Before last season, Sloane had an 8 year average of 106. Yeo a 3 year average of 105. Where as Petracca for instance had been a mid-pricer for every season except for the most recent one. Yet he's considered an SP now where the other 3 aren't. Yet for all we know last season might have just been a "spike year" for Tracc where the shortened games suited him better than say Cripps, Sloane or Yeo.

Put it this way, I am no more confident of Petracca backing up and averaging 110+ this year than I am of Cripps/Sloane/Yeo bouncing back from their down seasons.

Rowell, he's played only 4 and a bit games. He's not an SP (yet) easy to get carried away with a 170 score. Looking closely though he only averaged 78% TOG across those first 4 games. Shortened games. The equivalent of 70% TOG in a normal 20 minute 1/4 games. So as much as he made an impact from the minutes he did play last season in that small size sample, that might not translate when we return to 20 minute 1/4s.

tl;dr 2-3 year averages ftw

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Gonna roll with these bunch of campaigners.

I'll either end up partying with Ruby and the 50k or looking like a fool and sleeping on a park bench smashed!

Mitchell, Cripps, Rowell, Yeo, Cunnington, Heppell, Phillips, Powell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
I’ve got all 4 of them..... for now anyway.

I had all 4 but I had Franklin at F3 and Witherden at D4. Removing Neale allowed me to have Williams at D4 instead of D3 and upgrade in other areas.

No love for 🔒 Neill?

My current M1, set and forget kind of set up I was thinking.

That little piglet plays 22 games every year.
Just sit back and get on the cans.
Watch the little piggy go to work.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was actually starting to get semi keen on Treloar when I saw his average at Marvel is a fair wack higher than anywhere else, but we don’t have that many games there this year.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s pretty bonkers when you see the dogs midfield SuperCoach prices.

Macrae 650k
Bont 623k
Hunter 618k
Treloar 587k
Liber 569k
Dunkley 550k
Smith 494k

That’s absolutely mental. Would love to see everyone rank where they’ll finish in 2021.

To put it into perspective, Carlton’s highest mid is 543k, Richmond’s is 541k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back