Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the footage of Norths match sims I've seen so far LDU looks a class above. I know he's only playing against North but he looks every bit an elite beast. Size, skill and moves well. I'm starting to come around. If he can rack up big possies numbers in the practice games he has to be considered.
get on him.
come the end of the season he will be top 10 mids in the comp.
best player we have had since carey.

cunners ldu and simpkin will be the starting midfield.
anderson next in line.
all will rotate forward when out of the middle.

Oh I know that mate but will Cunnington spend more time forward than the other two to rest his body and keep himself fresh considering his age and issues with his body of late. I’d say Simpkin will spend most of the time on ball but not sure who’s next.

Oh I know that mate but will Cunnington spend more time forward than the other two to rest his body and keep himself fresh considering his age and issues with his body of late. I’d say Simpkin will spend most of the time on ball but not sure who’s next.
Cunners has never had big time on ground stats.
he will rest at stages. Id suspect he would go to the bench more often then jy and ldu who are regularly first and second in our time trials.
Cunners is so valuable to us in the centre square im not sure he rests forward that much.

Re Rowell, from memory he was heavily tagged in the Cats game before he got injured late in the first quarter for a score of 6?

That's the only thing that I think will effect him, will definitely get a lot of attention this season. Kid is a beast but it will take time to work through the tags I think like most guns early in their career.

Re Rowell, from memory he was heavily tagged in the Cats game before he got injured late in the first quarter for a score of 6?

That's the only thing that I think will effect him, will definitely get a lot of attention this season. Kid is a beast but it will take time to work through the tags I think like most guns early in their career.

Keep swapping between Rowell, Worpel as a super POD and Taranto in that M4 position.

Rowell probably the pick of the 3, but still such a young player who will cop more attention than any 19 year old in the games history.

Worpel is a risky one, but will be the number 1 mid with Mitchell likely missing the start of the season and from all reports has been our most impressive player in the match sim and intra-club. Expect him to average 100 this year.

Taranto is a fallen premium and a player I want in my team, but I currently have teammate Tom Green at M5 and i'd need a mental health check to run with two GWS midfielders under Leon Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep swapping between Rowell, Worpel as a super POD and Taranto in that M4 position.

Rowell probably the pick of the 3, but still such a young player who will cop more attention than any 19 year old in the games history.

Worpel is a risky one, but will be the number 1 mid with Mitchell likely missing the start of the season and from all reports has been our most impressive player in the match sim and intra-club. Expect him to average 100 this year.

Taranto is a fallen premium and a player I want in my team, but I currently have teammate Tom Green at M5 and i'd need a mental health check to run with two GWS midfielders under Leon Cameron.
Agree that price is a worry you can get Cripps for 25k more who’s done it more often

Oliver's career is very much an SC outlier.
Oliver hurt non owners as he started at 380k, and he hand and incredible floor, never scoring under 80 for the season.
As incredible as his season was he floated around the 500-550k mark for most of the season, only really exceeded that post round 20.

Even if Rowell is capable of matching the best 2nd season SC scorer ever, the kid is a freak but I highly doubt he will, people aren't going to be unable to scramble and get him, he's already starting at 500k.
People have gone early on these prodigy kids every year since Oliver smashed his second season, I don't think any of them have come close emulating him.

Happy to take a 5 gamer on, and if he does happen to be the greatest scorer of all time, despite the absurd amount of attention he'll cop, I'll trade him in for 50-100k more down the track.

I think I’m locking Atkins as a $244K stepping stone at M6, but I’m curious/nervous as to he’s only at 4% ownership...

My logic: should float around guts/wing and get plenty of pill, signed on a long term deal so should have good JS, 26yo, durable, DE% was down 10 points in 2020 (expecting a bounce back) and GC should win more points compared to the Crows’ last couple. I’m thinking he can hit c. 85ave and generate $200K+

Can anyone talk me out of it - perhaps an injury I’m not aware of, or shouse job security? Or I suppose it could simply be too risky to add yet another $200-$250K speccy pick if one has the Ziebells/Danihers/Impeys of the world... 😬

ACB9DFEB-1F32-4451-8540-7FC1C2217749.jpeg

Thanks kents, and apologies if I’ve ruined anyone’s POD!

I think I’m locking Atkins as a $244K stepping stone at M6, but I’m curious/nervous as to he’s only at 4% ownership...

My logic: should float around guts/wing and get plenty of pill, signed on a long term deal so should have good JS, 26yo, durable, DE% was down 10 points in 2020 (expecting a bounce back) and GC should win more points compared to the Crows’ last couple. I’m thinking he can hit c. 85ave and generate $200K+

Can anyone talk me out of it - perhaps an injury I’m not aware of, or shouse job security? Or I suppose it could simply be too risky to add yet another $200-$250K speccy pick if one has the Ziebells/Danihers/Impeys of the world... 😬

View attachment 1062056

I've had him in my team at times, the price is right, but the issue is he's just not very good. 26 years old and has never averaged 80 ppg or above, even in 2017 when his team made the Grand Final. Extremely outside player whose accumulation and/or disposal efficiency aren't good enough to make up for it.

For me, unless there's something excellent you can do with the 70k, you're better off finding the money to go Heppell or Hately. Both will outscore Atkins by about 15 ppg IMO.

View attachment 1062056

From the Suns Intra club report

Rory Atkins
Continues preparations for his first season at the club after off-season shoulder surgery. Trained before the main group and then provided great insight to the younger players during the breaks.

Oliver hurt non owners as he started at 380k, and he hand and incredible floor, never scoring under 80 for the season.
As incredible as his season was he floated around the 500-550k mark for most of the season, only really exceeded that post round 20.

Even if Rowell is capable of matching the best 2nd season SC scorer ever, the kid is a freak but I highly doubt he will, people aren't going to be unable to scramble and get him, he's already starting at 500k.
People have gone early on these prodigy kids every year since Oliver smashed his second season, I don't think any of them have come close emulating him.

Happy to take a 5 gamer on, and if he does happen to be the greatest scorer of all time, despite the absurd amount of attention he'll cop, I'll trade him in for 50-100k more down the track.

I'm starting him as a bit of a luxury starting pick. Surely we're allowed one of those to make SC fun? He's good enough to hold that starting price and even if he was to drop to say 450k it wouldn't be the end of the world to upgrade him to a proven SP if he doesn't live up to expectations.

Last edited:
Matt Rowell's games can be categorised into three groups:

Group 1: Games in which he debuted - 1.

Group 2: Games in which he got injured - 1.

Group 3: Games in which he was best on ground and earned three Brownlow votes - 3.

People aren't sure he can match the heady heights of Oliver's second season. Yikes.

Go ahead, start without him, see how that goes for you

I'm starting him as a bit of a luxury starting pick. Surely we're allowed one of those to make SC fun? He's good enough to hold that starting price and even if he was to drop to say 450k it wouldn't be the end of the world to upgrade him to a proven SP he he doesn't live up to expectations.

Yeah I don't think he's a horrible pick. Just think people need to lower their expectations.
Just because he's going to be an SC pig for the majority of his career doesn't mean you need to be on for his 6th career game.

I agree with your Rowell sentiments - my worry is that he is likely to start off with a bang and go 130 for the first 5 rounds - am I going to be able to hold to my conviction that he won't be able to keep it up all season?

Matt Rowell's games can be categorised into three groups:

Group 1: Games in which he debuted - 1.

Group 2: Games in which he got injured - 1.

Group 3: Games in which he was best on ground and earned three Brownlow votes - 3.

People aren't sure he can match the heady heights of Oliver's second season. Yikes.

Go ahead, start without him, see how that goes for you

What do you realistically see him averaging?
Oliver is the best 2nd year scorer we've ever had, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a better player than Rowell will be this season, but it is a massive ask.

Even if Rowell is the SC Messiah it won't be enough to sink people's SC seasons.

I managed a top 150 finish last year, I didn't have Steele or Oliver, I didn't get Petracca until round 17.
I only had 13 of the top 30 for total points.

Rowell isn't the be all end all.

What do you realistically see him averaging?
Oliver is the best 2nd year scorer we've ever had, that doesn't necessarily mean he was a better player than Rowell will be this season, but it is a massive ask.

Even if Rowell is the SC Messiah it won't be enough to sink people's SC seasons.

I managed a top 150 finish last year, I didn't have Steele or Oliver, I didn't get Petracca until round 17.
I only had 13 of the top 30 for total points.

Rowell isn't the be all end all.

This is a different argument now.

Can you be successful without Rowell? Sure.

Are you dumb if you don't pay 495k for him? I think so.

I'm pretty sure he's the SC Messiah.

Yeah I don't think he's a horrible pick. Just think people need to lower their expectations.
Just because he's going to be an SC pig for the majority of his career doesn't mean you need to be on for his 6th career game.
Why can't you just let us have our fun, man.

Stick to bagging mid-pricers :moustache:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back