Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Although I do agree in regards to Rowell 105+ ave, do you know how they judge a cp? You dont get them because you have somebody close to you.

That ratio....

aaa.JPG

Not specifically Rowell related, but...

Do the new rules mean less stoppages - less clearances - potentially less contested possessions?
Probably less possessions full stop given teams will want to just go...
Good news for good users who aren't necessarily known for their in and under work?
Gaff is looking better to me by the day. (Macrae, Bont...??)

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Although I do agree in regards to Rowell 105+ ave, do you know how they judge a cp? You dont get them because you have somebody close to you.

Yes you do, it's just named differently, i.e. a hardball get.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Not specifically Rowell related, but...

Do the new rules mean less stoppages - less clearances - potentially less contested possessions?
Probably less possessions full stop given teams will want to just go...
Good news for good users who aren't necessarily known for their in and under work?
Gaff is looking better to me by the day. (Macrae, Bont...??)
You are hopefully right from a viewing perspective. I have faith in the coaches to find a way to slow it again though.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
No you don't. If you get a hball receive with somebody next to you, that aint contested.

You asked whether I knew how they get a CP, a Contested Possession, which is very much different to a disposal.

Funbeanman

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both Lachie Neale and Patrick Dangerfield had interrupted preseason's and I would love to know are you going to upgrade to them both later on or starting one of them or starting with both them???

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Both Lachie Neale and Patrick Dangerfield had interrupted preseason's and I would love to know are you going to upgrade to them both later on or starting one of them or starting with both them???

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Currently starting Neale and will upgrade to Danger.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I was never starting him even before the groin. Can usually pick him up cheaper and everything points a slow start for him.
He said he was a month behind in preparation to where he'd like to be .....a corked calf doesn't allow him to run enough to catchup

I kept getting tempted to bring him in for Heeney ......but this report gives me comfort, that waiting is the right move

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Currently in love with this set up. M1 through to M5 have been pretty durable in their careers, really only losing time to the odd serious injury as opposed to soft tissue. I'll be surprised if Taranto and Worpel don't end up averaging over 100 this year. I feel like Worps could explode. He's fending off blokes left right and centre in the Hawks match sims and can suddenly kick goals from outside 50 as evidenced against West Coast last season. Becoming a fully-rounded midfielder and about to hit his prime age bracket. Those boys with good seasons could end up as great points of difference at M7 and M8 come years end.

Neale currently an upgrade target. His starting absence facilitates a 3 premium deep defence with a mid-pricer and a 3 premium deep forward line.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 9.26.11 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 7.31.49 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 7.31.49 pm.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 18
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Currently in love with this set up. M1 through to M5 have been pretty durable in their careers, really only losing time to the odd serious injury as opposed to soft tissue. I'll be surprised if Taranto and Worpel don't end up averaging over 100 this year. I feel like Worps could explode. He's fending off blokes left right and centre in the Hawks match sims and can suddenly kick goals from outside 50 as evidenced against West Coast last season. Becoming a fully-rounded midfielder and about to hit his prime age bracket. Those boys with good seasons could end up as great points of difference at M7 and M8 come years end.

Neale currently an upgrade target. His starting absence facilitates a 3 premium deep defence with a mid-pricer and a 3 premium deep forward line.

View attachment 1063882

I don't see Powell playing much AFL footy this year.

Lord De Goey

All Australian
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
If LDU is a permanent mid (I don't watch a lot of North) I'll definitely see if i can get the funds to have him at M6 over a Heppel, Caldwell or Hately. What have his issues in the past been? I'm assuming injuries.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If LDU is a permanent mid (I don't watch a lot of North) I'll definitely see if i can get the funds to have him at M6 over a Heppel, Caldwell or Hately. What have his issues in the past been? I'm assuming injuries.

A Big Bodied inside mid who was getting his body right. Look at Josh Kennedy's (Sydney) timeline for a developmental type.

Forget that I am a North supporter, there's no bias here, this kid is going to be very very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back