Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which option would you go:

Option 1 - Grundy & Zorko

Option 2 - Oliver & Treloar (Grundy in after R13 bye)

Meh, I'm getting Treloar.

View attachment 1113433
Duelling hamstrings.

tenor.gif

From Round 10 in 2018 onwards, Lyons has scored

4324 points / 38 games = 113.8 average (basically the equivalent of two super premo years)

33/42 tons
13/42 over 130

Captaincy scores - 147, 138, 138, 136, 126, 139, 130, 127, 130, 139, 165, 142, 141, 133

Pretty damn good if you ask me. He's a sure thing for 110, in a good team who will win games and he doesn't get tagged.

Go for it, he was awesome to own last year. Awesome POD in all leagues too week to week. I think I even started my own thread in 2020 mids where I'd reply to myself :moustache: when he went on a stretch of - 114, 116, 124, 88, 114, 147, 115, 121, 138, 126

How do you think Lyons scores without Neale or Rayner? Has that happened before? He and Petracca are my mid preferences this week, but I guess these are the only unknowns.

Bailey Smith (3 CBAs; 11% attendance)

"according to Fantasy Freako, Smith attended all three of these centre bounces when Dunkley went down injured; his first recorded CBAs for season 2021. Dunkley has attended 47.3% of the Western Bulldogs Centre Bounces this year, which, excluding ruckman, sits him fourth in the Dogs pecking order. That’s a lot of midfield minutes going to someone, and logic says that person is the mulleted stud. Whilst Smith has sacrificed his game thus far to accommodate Dunkley, Treloar and Libba, the 20-year-old attended 62% of the Dogs CBAs in 2020 and should feel right at home moving back into that role."

"according to Fantasy Freako, Smith attended all three of these centre bounces when Dunkley went down injured; his first recorded CBAs for season 2021. Dunkley has attended 47.3% of the Western Bulldogs Centre Bounces this year, which, excluding ruckman, sits him fourth in the Dogs pecking order. That’s a lot of midfield minutes going to someone, and logic says that person is the mulleted stud. Whilst Smith has sacrificed his game thus far to accommodate Dunkley, Treloar and Libba, the 20-year-old attended 62% of the Dogs CBAs in 2020 and should feel right at home moving back into that role."

$451K BE 118 He's a huge watch for me. Only scored 64 last week so even with a good score this week the BE will be reasonably high the week after. Gives us two looks if you want it see if his role improves.

I've got 3 mid spots left and and resigned to only one more SP mid so he could be perfect in 2 weeks.

$451K BE 118 He's a huge watch for me. Only scored 64 last week so even with a good score this week the BE will be reasonably high the week after. Gives us two looks if you want it see if his role improves.

I've got 3 mid spots left and and resigned to only one more SP mid so he could be perfect in 2 weeks.
giphy.gif

Eyes on him over the next couple of weeks

I’d just wait and see this week. Lipinski, West, Wallis or Garcia could all come in. Baz or Treloar could get more inside mid time with Butler coming in on a wing. Lots to play out.

I’d just wait and see this week. Lipinski, West, Wallis or Garcia could all come in. Baz or Treloar could get more inside mid time with Butler coming in on a wing. Lots to play out.

I wasn't suggesting he's a trade in option this week in case anyone else was wondering. Definite wait and see for 1 week at least, unless you're partial to a punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go with Tim Kelly? How did he become such a spud? I thought going back to longer quarters would suit him, as he can run all day and kicks goals when he rests forward.
He's only $437k :eek:

edit: from Eagles board: "Midfielder Tim Kelly had his left knee and right calf heavily bandaged and only walked two slow laps before returning to the West Coast indoor facility"

Last edited:
What's the go with Tim Kelly? How did he become such a spud? I thought going back to longer quarters would suit him, as he can run all day and kicks goals when he rests forward.

edit: from Eagles board: "Midfielder Tim Kelly had his left knee and right calf heavily bandaged and only walked two slow laps before returning to the West Coast indoor facility"

Eagles midfield is really missing Yeo at the moment. Wouldn't surprise me if someone like Kelly started flying once he's back.

Classic takes the pay check and then checks out. Brad Hill style.
TK never comes across as a guy who works hard, just has immense talent. Watching him he just floats about, extremely frustrating. Also as soon as he gets attention he just turns to water. Could honestly be the best mid in the game if he decided to hit another gear, I have no doubt he has the ability. Of his 67 games, he’s had 30+ only 15 times, 9 of them were smack bang on 30. Hardly tackles for an inside midfielder and only averages 3 marks a game. Work rate is poor tbh

I'm thinking of bringing in Trav Boak this week.

I like him at $550K. 116 so far this year, 110 last year, 107 the year before so I like him as a keeper.

Before anyone mentions age/durability...

From 2015-2021, Boak has missed 2 games - yes, you read that right...he has missed 2 games in the last 7 seasons (and has a nice bye).

MY only concern is I somehow haven't seen Port once this year and taking a closer look at his scores....

He scored 160 vs a terrible, winless North in a massive rout.
121 vs 16th placed St Kilda in a big win
120 vs 12th Essendon in a big win
106 vs 13th Carlton
104 vs 10th WC
84 vs 7th Richmond.

The point being is that he has dined out on terrible midfields in big wins but not scored that well against mid table teams and they are yet to play any of the current top 6. Will he keep it up against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Geelong, etc or will he revert to a 105 ave (or lower)?

Are there better options at that $550 mark?

I like him at $550K. 116 so far this year, 110 last year, 107 the year before so I like him as a keeper.

From 2015-2021, Boak has missed 2 games - yes, you read that right...he has missed 2 games in the last 7 seasons (and has a nice bye).

MY only concern is I somehow haven't seen Port once this year and taking a closer look at his scores....

106 vs 13th Carlton
104 vs 10th WC
84 vs 7th Richmond.

The point being is that he has dined out on terrible midfields in big wins but not scored that well against mid table teams and they are yet to play any of the current top 6. Will he keep it up against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Geelong, etc or will he revert to a 105 ave (or lower)?

I think your last question answers your own - he's the best value pick at that price range.

Only competition in terms of value is someone like Brayshaw, but thats a big punt.

Think Boak is safe for 108+ and is a good pick at that price.

I think your last question answers your own - he's the best value pick at that price range.

Only competition in terms of value is someone like Brayshaw, but thats a big punt.

Think Boak is safe for 108+ and is a good pick at that price.

Thanks mate.

I really like Brayshaw too.

He's actually averaging 122 in the 4 games he has not copped a hard tag. Problem of course is that he has copped 2 tags for scores of 48 and 66.

Thing is, most sides don't bother tagging so should work out OK. BUT, Hawthorn don't usually tag and still did with Brayshaw and given how effective it was, will more sides do so??

(Then again Worpel tagging was also a large part due to how bad Worpel's form had been).

Hmmmm.....

106 vs 13th Carlton
104 vs 10th WC
84 vs 7th Richmond.

Speaking of age and durability, better make that 3 games in the last 7 seasons Guardian Hawk ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back