Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of bringing in Trav Boak this week.

I like him at $550K. 116 so far this year, 110 last year, 107 the year before so I like him as a keeper.

Before anyone mentions age/durability...

From 2015-2021, Boak has missed 2 games - yes, you read that right...he has missed 2 games in the last 7 seasons (and has a nice bye).

MY only concern is I somehow haven't seen Port once this year and taking a closer look at his scores....

He scored 160 vs a terrible, winless North in a massive rout.
121 vs 16th placed St Kilda in a big win
120 vs 12th Essendon in a big win
106 vs 13th Carlton
104 vs 10th WC
84 vs 7th Richmond.

The point being is that he has dined out on terrible midfields in big wins but not scored that well against mid table teams and they are yet to play any of the current top 6. Will he keep it up against Melbourne, Bulldogs, Geelong, etc or will he revert to a 105 ave (or lower)?

Are there better options at that $550 mark?
This aged well...

Oct 16, 2003
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mitchell on track to get to down around the 500K mark. Could be a massive bargain if he can get even halfway back to his best. Does anyone who’s been watching Hawthorne games think he can? Or is it bruise free football for TM from here on in?
I watched the hawks v crows game.
JOM def stealing some of hes points

Mitchell set up afew of hawks goals .
No love from CD.

He had 11 touches in the 3rd Q.
Was good CD didnt give much love.

Was quiet in the 4th

Was 100-110 game after been 50 at HT.
Only got 90 points.

I like him as a player.
But wish i got walsh or tracca.
They will score more imo.
As Rocker suggests, he is getting no love from CD this year. I understand that many possessions are dinky 1-2m handballs, but they do link up play and when he does have effective possession he gets stuff all for it.
Think he is being marked harder than others this year and is not the only one.
He has been 100-105 good, bot his previous 110+ good though.

Kedford

Senior List
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha, ha..just had to happen, didn't it - no less than an hour after I posted too!

Rule #1 of SC - never tempt the SC Gods - they're a spiteful bunch entertained by our misery.

Don't tempt the SC Gods?

Alright, here's my go since I don't have him.

Impey is looking fit and injury free, prime for a top 6 forward, what a bargain to those who started with him!

Oct 16, 2003
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don't tempt the SC Gods?

Alright, here's my go since I don't have him.

Impey is looking fit and injury free, prime for a top 6 forward, what a bargain to those who started with him!

Careful, SC Gods are no fools and love to laugh - just watch your POD forward spud it up or get injured while Impey goes 110+ now.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can afford any mid. Already have Macrae, Kelly, Merrett, Mitchell and Laird in there. Who is the best option?

Had Boak until he was injured. Now thinking Petracca, Oliver or Treloar.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
As Rocker suggests, he is getting no love from CD this year. I understand that many possessions are dinky 1-2m handballs, but they do link up play and when he does have effective possession he gets stuff all for it.
Think he is being marked harder than others this year and is not the only one.
He has been 100-105 good, bot his previous 110+ good though.
Yep. Spot on. There have been some interpretations that have changed markedly this year. For one - there are kicks being judged as clangers that would have been judged long kick to a contest any other year.

But even taking this into account Mitchell is still going to be value at sub 500K isn’t he?

crippler9

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. Spot on. There have been some interpretations that have changed markedly this year. For one - there are kicks being judged as clangers that would have been judged long kick to a contest any other year.

But even taking this into account Mitchell is still going to be value at sub 500K isn’t he?
Yeah too soon to get him though

I can afford any mid. Already have Macrae, Kelly, Merrett, Mitchell and Laird in there. Who is the best option?

Fyfe Bont

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Tom_Liberatore_2018.1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back