2021 MotoGP - Congratulations Remy, Thanks Rossi!

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure if anyone will remember this as it was years ago.
When Sheene,Beattie, and that other Ch10 guy used to do the bikes.
But I was watching a race where I think???Gibernau was leading his home GP and Barry Sheene goes "Gibernau is pathetic. He only ever turns up for his home Grand Prix. You might as well put Beattie on the bike"
Then everything went silent for about 20 seconds
Then "Ahh you'd be a lot ahhh better putting Beattie on it ahhh actually"
Then silence again.
Was hilarious.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
It's not popular to say anything bad about Barry Sheene. But he was dead set dogshit at channel 10 (C10 overall). At C9, he and Eastlake were having a chat, and imparting his knowledge, while all the fans were just listening in at their home.

But at 10, he was a *******. Him at 9 & 10 were like two different people. Says a lot that he was mates with captain *head Tony Cochrane.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not popular to say anything bad about Barry Sheene. But he was dead set dogshit at channel 10 (C10 overall). At C9, he and Eastlake were having a chat, and imparting his knowledge, while all the fans were just listening in at their home.

But at 10, he was a *******. Him at 9 & 10 were like two different people. Says a lot that he was mates with captain fu**head Tony Cochrane.
I still liked him on 10. But let's just say he was quite "honest".

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
He use to rave about Stoner and say negative stuff about Rossi when I watched that coverage...No offence but I wasn’t really a fan of Stoner prob because I was already a Rossi fan and they didn’t see eye to eye!
i quite liked you until the stoner over rossi bit. rossi is a great rider but an attention seeker and a-hole of a human being. could have killed marquez when he kicked him at high speed a couple of years back.

clearly brings in revenue for the manufacturers he rides for tho.

carloss

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2007
around
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
SO in the other thread I saw the 92 British & South African GP. One with Murray Walker being hopeless and the other without commentary at all. But for us, it's all about Darrell Eastlake and Barry Sheene, and I found a YT channel that has a lot of the races with their commentary!

TrickyMario7654 - YouTube

Thanks. What a line up for the 250 1993 Australian Grand Prix ( thanks TrickyMario7645 ).
Capirossi, Biaggi, Harada, Kocinski, Aoki, Okada, H Bradl (Father of Stephan), Chili, Suter ( motorcycle chassis constructor ) even A Puig.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
i quite liked you until the stoner over rossi bit. rossi is a great rider but an attention seeker and a-hole of a human being. could have killed marquez when he kicked him at high speed a couple of years back.

clearly brings in revenue for the manufacturers he rides for tho.

At high speed??? The speed that happened hardly would have killed a snail...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong

Technically it was high speed for us mere mortals.
But yeah not really for them. Wasn't that much in it IMO. Rossi was going for the title.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

we can debate the speed. either way it was the act of an a-hole. and justifying it because rossi was after the title as some have is pathetic. it's not the 1st time he's done a dud act either. can ride. huge a-hole.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
1989 season -

Kevin Schwantz won the most races that year (6 of 15) and finished 4th in the cship! He even got beaten by Christian Sarron (3rd) who didn't win a race!
I've just read is he in the lead in Spain by miles when he dropped the bike. At Assen, he's leading on the lap lap when the bike breaks down. Jesus Christ!

Rainey is leading the title into the 3rd last race in Sweden, falls down and the pendulum swings in favour of Lawson at a crucial stage.

Gardner winning in Australia is momentous occasion. But talk about going form chocolate to boiled lollies. He injured himself the next week at Laguna Seca, starting the decline of his career.

So it was Schwantz that took pole for the first AGP, and Pierfrancesco Chili is the one that gets the fastest lap (Wouldn't have picked that).

edit: Niall Mackenzie is 7th in the title, with a 3rd place in Spain his best result.

edit2: I had nfi Luca Cadalora'a debut in 500s was actually in 1989 (British GP) instead of 1993.

Last edited:

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Ahh ffs. Not allowed to see it for some reason.
It was that superbike race where there was oil on the track and they didn't wave the flags and tons of blokes went down.
Edwards went off his head. Fair enough too.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Was a great race. Duke nearly got him. Edwards was a bit lucky, shouldn't have taken the lead but it just worked out.