2021 MotoGP - Congratulations Remy, Thanks Rossi!

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
Miller can manage softer tyres okay if he doesn't chase the leader and just aims for a podium. Nearly every time he goes hard at the start chasing the lead riders, he cooks his tyres.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
think jack will need to show a bit more with martin and bastianini breathing down his neck. great race. thought quartararo had peco.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm telling you now, Miller jumped into Motogp too early, and it's screwed him up. Should've had a longer spell in Moto3/2.

Gardner, even if he gets run down for this year's moto2 title, will usurp him as Australia's no1 rider by the end of next season.

What's the thought process behind this?

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I got caught up elsewhere during the week, I did not expect to respond so long after my view.

Not that Klyntonius is going to give a s**t about it today, but here's my point.

Miller survives on being really good and/or good enough, and potential. He's also a colourful character.

Has there been anything he's done that says he's going to elevate himself to the top tier of motorbike racers?

His intermittent wins have not been authoritative. There's no season where you could say if he had a better bike, he'd have won the WC.

It's not about mastering riding a bike, you have to master winning, master the expectation of winning. Miller hasn't done it. Bagnaia has surpassed him.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I got caught up elsewhere during the week, I did not expect to respond so long after my view.

Not that Klyntonius is going to give a sh*t about it today, but here's my point.

Miller survives on being really good and/or good enough, and potential. He's also a colourful character.

Has there been anything he's done that says he's going to elevate himself to the top tier of motorbike racers?

His intermittent wins have not been authoritative. There's no season where you could say if he had a better bike, he'd have won the WC.

It's not about mastering riding a bike, you have to master winning, master the expectation of winning. Miller hasn't done it. Bagnaia has surpassed him.

There is fair merit in this describing who Miller is as a rider.

But not one word of it explains why jumping from Moto3 to MotoGP was a mistake or how it screwed him up.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
He didn't win.

In moto2-3, you're a big dog despite still being inexperienced. You could pass off not winning the 2014 Moto3 title had he moved onto Moto2 and won that.

Even though I've been watching MotoGP all these years, I'm a fair bit ignorant of moto2. So when Bagnaia was leading at Misano last year, I'm like "Who's this guy?" But I looked him up this week and saw he won the Moto2 title.

Miller hasn't made the most of his formative years in GP.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
He didn't win.

In moto2-3, you're a big dog despite still being inexperienced. You could pass off not winning the 2014 Moto3 title had he moved onto Moto2 and won that.

Even though I've been watching MotoGP all these years, I'm a fair bit ignorant of moto2. So when Bagnaia was leading at Misano last year, I'm like "Who's this guy?" But I looked him up this week and saw he won the Moto2 title.

Miller hasn't made the most of his formative years in GP.
I'llasww this we ye i sober

Go Deeesss!!!!