2021 MotoGP - Congratulations Remy, Thanks Rossi!

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember Rossi v Gibernau when I first started watching MotoGP it was a highlight for me as it was all so new to me and they had so many close battles I still remember when they battled at Phillip Island either in 03 or 04 was epic!
So you are a Rossi fan. That's fine. But what are your opinions of the other riders of the time like Gibernau, Hayden, Edwards, Biaggi, etc?

Apr 10, 2019
In The Middle Of Nowhere
AFL Club
Geelong
So you are a Rossi fan. That's fine. But what are your opinions of the other riders of the time like Gibernau, Hayden, Edwards, Biaggi, etc?

Gibernau was a good rider and all but then he just all of a sudden quit after he had that rivalry with VR. Is that correct? I am trying to remember if he was around longer but for some reason I’m thinking he wasn’t. Biaggi ugh lol
Edwards I didn’t really keep an eye on but felt for him when he had to quit bc of certain circumstances..
Hayden as the years went on I loved him more and more, he was such a great rider even though he only won the championship once. When he left MotoGP I was sad but even sadder when he passed away.
I can’t really remember many of the old races these riders raced in so I can’t really give my opinion on them as far as some of the memories from those races. Would probably have to go back and watch some of them. Even the ones that they had v VR.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Gibernau was a good rider and all but then he just all of a sudden quit after he had that rivalry with VR. Is that correct? I am trying to remember if he was around longer but for some reason I’m thinking he wasn’t. Biaggi ugh lol
The Catalunya crash in 2006 absolutely ruined Sete

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's kind of interesting to read that that for Cool cat, the Rossi period of winning kind of got her engaged in motogp, and it's an interest that has held since.

Whereas for me, that Rossi period just did my head in and I lost engagement.
I'm a bit the same, I stopped watching after the first couple.

F1 was similar when Ferrari and Schumacher were dominant.

Vorno

Debutant
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pramac Ducati, Ducati Lenovo
Spot thread titled 2021 MotoGp, think to myself "Great, good to see some chat for the new year."

Not a mention, just kicking tires of years gone by.

2021 year for Ducati and Suzuki to battle it I hope.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Spot thread titled 2021 MotoGp, think to myself "Great, good to see some chat for the new year."

Not a mention, just kicking tires of years gone by.

2021 year for Ducati and Suzuki to battle it I hope.
bloody hard bike to ride is the ducati. only one to master it so far has been casey.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
bloody hard bike to ride is the ducati. only one to master it so far has been casey.
Dovi went alright.

The issue is they are set in their ways in terms of development. You ride the bike they give you, perfect example was Lorenzo.

They brought the guy in, he says "I can't ride it, you need to make these changes" and it takes them way too long to do so. When they do, he wins.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Dovi went alright.

The issue is they are set in their ways in terms of development. You ride the bike they give you, perfect example was Lorenzo.

They brought the guy in, he says "I can't ride it, you need to make these changes" and it takes them way too long to do so. When they do, he wins.
you think? if ever there was a chance to win the riders championship it was this year. even he gave casey the nod for his mastery of that machine. too much for the great rossi. couldn't get out of the joint fast enough.

a big part of their problem is everything is done by committee.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
you think? if ever there was a chance to win the riders championship it was this year. even he gave casey the nod for his mastery of that machine. too much for the great rossi. couldn't get out of the joint fast enough.

a big part of their problem is everything is done by committee.
Petrucci won races on it, Miller and Pecco are constantly up the front.

Stoner was on another planet to almost everyone.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Petrucci won races on it, Miller and Pecco are constantly up the front.

Stoner was on another planet to almost everyone.
winning races here and there is one thing. doing it consistently enough to win a championship is another thing. it's well recognised ducati's are difficult to handle and that the way the enterprise is run leaves a lot to be desired. casey had a lot to say in his book about it, so i was really surprised he returned for a brief period as q ducati test rider. guess the money was too good to refuse.

believe the health issue casey had for a time at ducati has resurfaced. hope he returns to good health soon.