2021 MotoGP - Congratulations Remy, Thanks Rossi!

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, well, well. norway likes a post on the Carlton board that has a crack at me.

Ok then. Nice to know who my real internet friends are.

Lol relax dodge . The whole board is on edge. Was good to see you post on the board . Go moto gp . I like you mate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Kawasaki Racing, Falcons, Pelicans
All the money is on Valentino Rossi to retire at the end of the year and with Morbidelli likely to be promoted to the factory team, it leaves two seats open at Petronas Yamaha. However, the field for who takes those seats is wide open and far from settled.

Dorna are keen to have a Brit back on the grid after Cal retired which has seen Jake Dixon listed as one of the favourite candidates despite having had three good rides in two and a half seasons off Moto2. No thanks. Same Lowes has even been mentioned as a possibility (would be more deserving) and even Jonathan Rea has been mentioned.
Speaking of WSBK, Toprak Razgatlioglu was their number one target but instead he's signed on for another two years with Yamaha in WSBK (I think he's been poorly advised by Kenan Sofuoglu, his manager). It's a shame because he's of the perfect age and it would be great to have a Turk on the grid. Garrett Gerloff is the other name that was floated by he also has signed on to remain in WSBK (though apparently with a MotoGP option though his recklessness this year should scare any MotoGP options away). Other than that, there's little in the way of concrete options which is strange for a plumb ride.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Joel Kelso raced this weekend in the CEV Junior Moto3 world championship at the Aragon circuit. He'd apparently been very ill and bed-ridden for the last couple of weeks so could only manag to qualify 15th and was given a long lap for slow riding to boot.
In the race he made a good start, climbing into the top ten before serving his penalty which dropped him off the back of the second group. He managed to catch the group in front within a couple of laps and only took a lap to get to the front of that group. From there he put in fastest laps and managed to catch the front group of 6 with his second group in tow making the lead group 13. Once he caught the front group, he sliced through them all the way to he lead! Unfortunately from there, he ran out of puff either physically or tyres or both and got beat up a bit to finish a commendable 8th place.

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Despite there being some terrific bike racing this weekend, it's otherwise been a sad weekend.

In the British Superbike Championship, 23 year old Brad Jones had a horror crash and is currently in an induced coma with head, chest and pelvic injuries. Really hope he can pull through.

And in the most horrible news from the European Talent Cup, 14 year old Hugo Millán lost his life in a terrible crash in which he highsided and got hit by another bike that launched off his stricken machine behind him. R.I.P. Super Hugo. :'(

Klyntonius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
The nearest twisties
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Unfortunately you could tell the young guy was dead the second it happened… not good to shirt front a bike at speed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've not seen someone collected so flush by a bike before. It was just horrific. His age only makes it worse. It's opened debate about the age of riders in such series.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sounds like sports cars, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do a whole bunch of things.

He's been great over the journey and even though I'm no fan of his.... You simply can't ignore the record