MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

At least with Astbury and Daniher they've been consistent.... gotta give them that. Although a $2k fine or whatever it is means SFA to them, hardly the same if Oscar McDonald or another rookie did it and it wiped a good deal of his match payment while he's on base salary. The AFLPA will never approve it but fines should be scaled based on contract to keep it fair.

but do it in a way that avoids high contact, swinging arms, clenched fists, etc. Drop them, but in a way that the worst you'll get is a fine.

or melee the worst you will cop is a fine. I am sick and tired of Carlton being bullied and more so, our team accepting it ..... fly the flag ffs ...

Having a team mate cop an elbow to the face - esepecially in teh context of Williams suspension and discussion about head contact demands immediate and viscious responses. we've had AFL coaches come out and brag about playing 'unsociable' football for years and their teams have gotten away with dirty play for years - its like leave pass from MRP becuae oh well Hawforn play unsociable footy- that is their go...

TOTAL BULLSHIT

I can name the coaches who laugh at the coached meekness of opposition teams- fly the flag bullshit- look after your team mates is what it is about - not fly the imaginary flag for some imaginary Club bullshit

I dont want players to fly a flag for me as a supporter or 'the Club' - I want them to look after each other on ground.

“After the game, I didn’t think there was anything in it at all to be honest,” he said.

“And then I suppose the hours unfold, the day passes, it goes from ‘I didn’t think there was anything in it’, because it was in play to, ‘I’m in a bit of trouble here’.”

Broken nose + concussion....nothing here to see...move along!

or melee the worst you will cop is a fine. I am sick and tired of Carlton being bullied and more so, our team accepting it ..... fly the flag ffs ...
realization hit home for me after denial denial period when mumford cracked murphy ribs with real cheap shot and he wasn't totaly green ant'd by us straight after it happened.Not one player remonstrated.. pathetic

I am totally on your side of the argument - mongrel factor has to go up by a lot - but I think hard tackles repeated over and over and over again - is the definition of mongrel - that along with immediate and nasty retaliation at players from opposiiton who cross the line - and who gives a Fck about suspension in those situations.

Astbury's elbow to Plowmans face crossed the line - he should have copped the same back - immediately - and maybe the game result would have been different and I will go one further= thefact that Plow jumped back up and no one came in for retribution- allowed the AFL to break their own rules and gloss over the incident - it ws a direct hit to a players head - and only luck saw no broken jaw or mashed nose.

Most will disagree with me on above- and thats fine with me.
Tackle pressure ala Adelaide on the weekend. Physicality without brutality.

and Sydney is the proof that you can play hard accountable football - sans the need to get suspended.
Or you don't waltz into a game thinking it's a shoe in then have one of your best players feel the need to ramp up the aggression and put themselves in a tribunal scenario. Geelong starts of the game with their head in the game, Danger most likely stays forward and/or doesn't need to lift the team and do one of his stupid acts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t disagree but our boys should have come and rag dolled the gormless peanut.
People have a go at LOB, but he was the only one who came in and remonstrated with the Bitchmond players after Bolton came in and shoved Doc in the head. We go back 40 years, and in the next play, someone like Johnno or Bucks would have been lining Bolton up and taking him out in a harsh but fair bump that was just shy of a shirtfront.

Or 35 years ago, Rhys would have just run up and punched his ******* lights out!

Or 27 years ago, Diesel would have done the same as Rhys.

Poor dangerflog....... on trial for murder ....
Charge someone like that in a fight off the ground, and the least you would be up for is ABH. As I said, Dangerflog got embarrassed by the run down tackle that caused him to cough up the ball. So he flipped slightly and thought he would impose himself on an Adelaide player to make people forget he was the flog who coughed up the ball in the first place.

People have a go at LOB, but he was the only one who came in and remonstrated with the Premiershipmond players after Bolton came in and shoved Doc in the head. We go back 40 years, and in the next play, someone like Johnno or Bucks would have been lining Bolton up and taking him out in a harsh but fair bump that was just shy of a shirtfront.

Or 35 years ago, Rhys would have just run up and punched his ******* lights out!

Or 27 years ago, Diesel would have done the same as Rhys.

and since when does a Captain allow himself to cop a shove in the head without getting up and laying the skinny Campaigner out? You can be having a bad game- doesn't mean you drop your head and forget the effect it has on your team mates - show some fight FFS

Copping the arrogance of the unsociable football Richmond as if they are entitled...

At least with Astbury and Daniher they've been consistent.... gotta give them that. Although a $2k fine or whatever it is means SFA to them, hardly the same if Oscar McDonald or another rookie did it and it wiped a good deal of his match payment while he's on base salary. The AFLPA will never approve it but fines should be scaled based on contract to keep it fair.
Every fine should come out of teams softcap. Not players pocket. Every fine, then disadvantages team. Makes players more accountable.

Don't like a program? Don't watch it.
Pretty simple I'd have thought but then again, I'm sure that some do get a thrill out of whining.

Similar to those that create scenarios about Richmond getting away with murder while Carlton get crucified which is driven by emotion rather than reality..

View attachment 1084389
That may be so back before the tuggers were winning flags, but they have been looked after since 2017. Last year they were fined at least 10 times for various indiscretions, but no tugger player was suspended as far as I can recall.......Dusty is especially looked after, as he constantly gets away with forearms to the throat and jumper punches which should at least be a free kick!!! Not saying Carlton are crucified, but the top teams have always been looked after by the AFL because the "best" players put bums on seats!!! Astbury is the prime example of someone playing for a top team getting off a charge when he should certainly have been suspended for at least a week, because his action was deliberate and could have done real damage!!! Dermie and David King both could not believe that Astbury only got fined, and they are both quite aware of what constitutes an illegal hit, as they handed out plenty of them during their careers. Astbury even glanced around at Plowman before he swung his arm back, which clearly showed what his intentions were.............guilty your honour!!! o_O As far as whining goes, Slobbo does enough of that to satisfy every footy fans`appetite, as he takes himself and the game just so seriously.........it`s like he thinks he runs the AFL!!! Poor old Slobbo is an angry bummer fan that`s for sure, and he said the other day that Patty Cripps is past his best already?!?! :think:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back