MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck with that ...

I feel like last time he was doing it at the afls behest.

I am not sure how the AFL can get away without suspending him after the GWS guy went off the rails.

I feel like last time he was doing it at the afls behest.

I am not sure how the AFL can get away without suspending him after the GWS guy went off the rails.
They‘ll trot out some shite like ”the MRO has made his decision and that the ruling we’re going to stick with!”.

we all know the AFL makes s**t up as they go along. They have turned our competition into a massive ******* joke.

Disagree with this you can’t raise an elbow like that seeing as they say the head is sacrosanct
What if he had broken the blokes jaw

The player with the ball has a right to protect himself to a certain degree, it was a totally accidental, not negligent action imho.

The Dees had Adrian Anderson Fritsch's attoney as well lol

The player with the ball has a right to protect himself to a certain degree, it was a totally accidental, not negligent action imho.

Can they defend themselves by thrusting a boot out? What about swinging a fist? How was it an accident? He pushed his elbow in to the oncoming tackler.

Blatant elbow to a blokes face - nothing to see here....

not surprised by anything these flogs throw up.

Head is sacrosanct unless you have the ball in hand and then you are free to throw elbows.

The Hawkins/May incident is what accidental contact looks like, the Fritsch elbow looked nothing like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head is sacrosanct unless you have the ball in hand and then you are free to throw elbows.

The Hawkins/May incident is what accidental contact looks like, the Fritsch elbow looked nothing like that.

It was one of those incidents that looked a lot worse in slow mo than in real time.
The fact Powell was not concussed and was able to return to the field arguably saved Fritsch's bacon in this instance..

Anyone recall Stringer's high fend-off to Walsh's neck/face over the weekend? Walsh went down holding his face - play on as normal...

Saw it. Screamed at the TV.

I love watching Dusty play, but the high fend offs piss me off.

Push a guy in the chest and well done. Get a guy in the face and it should be high contact free kick every time.

Last edited:

He wasn't protecting himself. It was a fend off, which is an offensive move.
You fend off with an open hand, not a forearm or elbow.

It’s a free every time for the plebs

The AFL really does protect its stars (free kicks, tribunal etc).

I can understand why they do it, but I don't agree with it.

It undermines the integrity of the game (that sounds more pompous than I intended)...

It undermines the integrity of the game (that sounds more pompous than I intended)...

Consciously or unconsciously?

Im not sure anyone sends secret messages to umpires or the tribunal to look after player X, I think it just happens.

Pomp away!
Fritsch's elbow was more deliberate and potentially damaging than Williams' bump. This kind of goes against your point and I don't know why I'm bringing it up. I agree with you but this just came into my head.
I'm going to go now...

The more one looks at the footage - the angrier one can get about the AFL's predictable hypocrisy regarding protecting players from unnecessary heavy contact to the head.

It is like their attention span for any level of consistency regarding their own rules is a # tag moment at best and each new episode or ruling involving same - requires totally new interpretations only adding to confusion and frustration opf everyone concerned - seriously an elbow is now a legitimate way to fend off ? Really?

FMD..players are now entitled to go into tackles elbow out according to the AFL tribunal? That shyte was removed from rugby codes literally decades ago.

so frustrating to see this level of incompetence and blatant disregard from precedents already set.

Joke that Fritsch got off that one. You throw the elbow out you deal with the suspension if you get someone in the head.

The AFL is such a joke. They go so hard on all tje head high stuff then undo all their hard work with baffling decisions like this.

Anyone agreeing with this fend off would be changing their tune if it was Walsh who copped the elbow and broke his jaw and couldn't play.

You can't fend off with your elbow to someone's face. It's that simple.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back