MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely staggered Plow has been rubbed out for that. Would be one of the last blokes who would set out to hurt someone in a physical contest.
Christian and Hocking are completely destroying Aussie Rules footy.
FWIW - I loved that contest between Plow and O'Meara. 2 guys going flat stick at the footy and putting their bodies on the line. Part of what has made this game great.
You just hope Teague and others from the club come out and say they wouldn't want plowman to do anything different then or in the future.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

The tribunal said it was a bump. Carlton want to contest again declaring it was contact in a marking contest.

And we are right wasn’t a bump

He hit him with his shoulder technically a bump.

AFL is trying to eradicate as much as humanly possible head high contact from the game. Which is challenging for a high speed 360 deg game like ours. The duty of care will fall heavily on players looking after one another.

In my view this means the game will change to protect the long term health of the players. I’m not of the view that the players have to sacrifice themselves for my entertainment. Call it a softer version of the game whatever I don’t care. Techniques will adapt as will players.

He didn’t actually go for the ball, he just ran into his opponent blindly. It was foolish.
I would say he ran inline where the ball was coming. Then when he realised he was going to make contact braced himself as anyone would.

Not his fault Omera got in the line of the ball too.

Football accident. Sometimes they happen in a game where players can move 360 degrees at high speeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silly appeal system.

This stuff works in court, because a court knows that the decision they make can then shape the outcomes of future hearings.

In AFL land, precedent doesn't exist, isn't allowed to be mentioned, and the panel are forced to make decisions on technical definitions that are made up but never actually outlined within the AFL rules. And then to top it off, they know that regardless of the decision they make, it has no bearing on any future appeals.

How can a panel be asked to determine whether it was a "bump" when the AFL rules don't define what a bump is? And how can they be told that they're not allowed to consider it a "marking contest" by the tribunal chair, when that is the only alternative to it being a bump?

No wonder it took 40+mins to reach a decision. I reckon the panel all agreed it was a marking contest, but their hands had been tied and they were looking for an out that had been taken away from them.

View attachment 1137143

Think about that... the tribunal head said that the contest could not be considered a marking contest to the jury. How ridiculous! We better appeal
Of course it's a marking contest - if either had caught the ball it would have been a mark.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Brownlow betting plunged into turmoil.

A howler.
If that is the standard, hold onto your money until the games are done for the year, every player is now in the gun to be suspended for any collision near the ball.

View attachment 1137143

Think about that... the tribunal head said that the contest could not be considered a marking contest to the jury. How ridiculous! We better appeal
wonder what kind of contest it was?
A running contest?
Perhaps a you thought you were twenty metres clear and it’s only Carlton, as if anyone’s gonna come at ya contest?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back