MRP / Trib. 2021 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Devington

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why didn’t McCartin get exactly the same as what Barry Hall got for turning Staker’s lights off?
Staker missed the rest of the game and the week after didn't he? Plus Hall already had a massive reputation by then which would have factored into it.

The flip side to that though is that punching and head trauma are both supposedly taken incredibly seriously by the leagues now.

I can understand why people wanted or were expecting more than 5 weeks. Personally I'm ok with the action alone costing him the 5, considering even though it was clearly a hard hit Black played the rest of the game and apparently pulled up fine.

TennisPlayerAndy

Klay Thompson's Headband
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR
Staker missed the rest of the game and the week after didn't he? Plus Hall already had a massive reputation by then which would have factored into it.

The flip side to that though is that punching and head trauma are both supposedly taken incredibly seriously by the leagues now.

I can understand why people wanted or were expecting more than 5 weeks. Personally I'm ok with the action alone costing him the 5, considering even though it was clearly a hard hit Black played the rest of the game and apparently pulled up fine.
The head is sacrosanct.

When they want it to be.

Remove this Banner Ad